Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime appreciation thread~!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 43>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingCrInuYasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2014 at 13:42
I'm watching the new Space Dandy. That show is pretty good.
He looks at this world and wants it all... so he strikes, like Thunderball!
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2014 at 21:59
Mushishi's Episode 20 "Sea of Brushes" was one of my favorites by far. Loved the little romance between Ginko and Tanyou. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 21:55
Watching Shinsekai Yori. I really liked the first five episodes, but it started going in lots of different directions after that and it's getting kind of hard to enjoy.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 22:11
Agreed. I'm on episode 8 and i was kind of thrown off because of the Rat Wars, but i've read that these episodes are kind of a giant set-up to the rest of the shows, a backstory of sorts. The love scene in the cage was really awkward and unnatural, but i still think this show has a lot of potential. Especially if they return to the style and ideas they had before the rat war episodes. I really want to know more about The Library and whatnot. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 22:30
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Agreed. I'm on episode 8 and i was kind of thrown off because of the Rat Wars, but i've read that these episodes are kind of a giant set-up to the rest of the shows, a backstory of sorts. The love scene in the cage was really awkward and unnatural, but i still think this show has a lot of potential. Especially if they return to the style and ideas they had before the rat war episodes. I really want to know more about The Library and whatnot. 
I'm on episode 10 where the show picks up a lot of emotional momentum, but after the jump from the rat wars to yuri/yaoi high school drama, then to mystery, the emotional punch feels less like emotional punch and more like melodrama and not even somewhat effective Code Geass-esque melodrama. 
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 22:53
When i was watching the first 4-5 episodes i was so set on this show being at least an 9, but each episodes drains that score. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 23:02
Yeah. I think it can redeem itself as a solid 8 if it ties everything together well, and from the reviews, it seems like it will. It's definitely going through a rough patch though. 
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 23:05
Do you have a MyAnimeList?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 23:18

Yeah. We're friends already too. I'm Ghostbase.

Edited by Polymorphia - April 02 2014 at 23:18
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 23:52
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

Yeah. We're friends already too. I'm Ghostbase.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

derp
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 23:54
You gave Geass a 7 ;__;
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 06:46
I'm Imateria on MAL if anyone's interested.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

AlexDOM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexDOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 10:28
I watched Suzuka last week and loved it. It's reminded of me of a 80s teeny bop on steroids. It was my cup of tea, but maybe not for everyone. I can also see how people would hate the Suzuka herself.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 12:43

You gave Geass a 7 ;__;
It was good for the most part except for the machine gun pacing which made the character development and theme development just a bit unconvincing to me. 
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 12:50
:(
But Lelouch is one of the best characters ever ;(

Charles made u give it a 7.
!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 13:04

:(
But Lelouch is one of the best characters ever ;(

Charles made u give it a 7.
!
Lelouch was a great character just like Sherlock Holmes but that didn't stop Sherlock from having ridiculous, unbelievable (chess metaphors notwithstanding) foresight in Game of Shadows. The show had something but it also had other things. Things I didn't like. Sew eye gave it a Sven.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2014 at 16:47
I dropped Shinsekai Yori. The first few episodes were great, and I'm pretty sure it was getting better from that disheartening middle section, but I couldn't keep enough interest to keep watching.

So I picked up Kurenai which is looking very promising. The first episode was heart-melting and engaging, and the visuals + music were gorgeous. Hopefully, this one will stay good throughout.

Edited by Polymorphia - April 05 2014 at 16:50
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2014 at 17:02
How unfortunate. Sucks that potential so great was wasted, I haven't watched more because I tend to juggle multiple series at once so Soul Eater has been my main
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 19:13
I'm not sure if anyone besides me cares, but it was announced that Non Non Biyori will have a second season.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 19:26
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone besides me cares, but it was announced that Non Non Biyori will have a second season.
I've been meaning to watch that, so I care a little bit I guess
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 43>