Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2012 at 12:10
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

You're right Andrea. Expensive too on ebay. I bought these Cd's a few years ago (included vita della droga) for almost nothing.

lucky man you are!
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2012 at 13:31
Love the outside and the inside Heart

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2012 at 16:06
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Just bought Goblin THE AWAKENING 6 cd box set!!!

So very happy and can't wait to dive into that sonic sphere of moody ominous tones by one of the World's best. Not only that GOBLIN..... Is ITALIAN !

Well how perfect. Happy to spend the coin. Cost me 51$ CAN all in and I think it's a steal.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2012 at 17:54
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Well all this talk about Goblin encouraged me to get my first LP by them this morning, "Roller".  On my first listen with headphones on while smelling the Thanksgiving turkey cooking while watching one of those silly parades (muted).  Snip Snap playing, it is quite snappy, I am liking what I hear so far.

Let us know how you go with `Roller', AEP, the later half of the album gets more technical, even like a noisier ELP in places!

People, I found some clips of Goblin in Melbourne, Youtube clips that people filmed with their phones, of varying quality of course, but it gives you an idea of the massive pipe organ Claudio played on:

`Roller'
Roller - Live Melbourne 21-11-2012

Plus `Suspiria':
Suspiria - Melbourne 21-11-2012

Goblin goes dark synth pop for `Tenebre'!
Tenebre - Melbourne 21-11-2012

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 01:16
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 01:30
I'll look into that album, Pierre, thanks for the suggestions!

I just got this today, I wonder if you or any of the other guys might have heard it?

ADM - Arena Di Tollo Marras

I don't think it's an RPI album exactly, but I haven't listened to it yet! Pretty sure it's all instrumental too.

It's described as the following:

"This CD comes from the desire to merge the artistic careers of Adriano Arena, Maurizio di Tollo (Maschera di Cera, Finisterre, etc.) and Christian Marras, musicians from different musical backgrounds but linked by the same kind of approach and by the same curiosity that pushed them to accept with enthusiasm the challenge of combining different ingredients, turning them into a unique and personal project. The album "Arena di Tollo Marras" consists of 7 tracks, seven different musical colours that range from the roughness of "Kindness" to the delicacy of "Ballad For", passing through the Mediterranean characteristics of "Iguana" and the atmosphere of "Blues for Dave." The result is a musical story told through parallel and distant moments, performed with passion and dedication and with the specific intent to deliver, to the listener, the same excitement and fun experienced by the musicians during this project."
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 03:25

ANDREA CENTAZZO : ICTUS (1974) - A fascinating album, that deserves a reissue.

Am I the only one those links doesn't work for?
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 03:58
Nope Sagi. They don't work for me either.

Completely beside the point though, I have recently discovered just how brilliant it feels working out to the likes of Pangea - Invasori and the second Il Volo outing. I think it has to do with the funky vibe in both, either way, I love it!
Anybody out there who remembers other such bouncy RPI albums for me to sweat along to?
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 04:24
Sorryyyyyy Sag and David, here are the Centazzo's Ictus clips.

Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 08:23
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

So very happy and can't wait to dive into that sonic sphere of moody ominous tones by one of the World's best. Not only that GOBLIN..... Is ITALIAN !

Well how perfect. Happy to spend the coin. Cost me 51$ CAN all in and I think it's a steal.

You lucky progger!Clap

Tell me what do you think about each of those 6 albums. I always had a soft spot for Bug Mark.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 11:35
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 11:50
One of my favourite romantic singer song album. Almost impossible to find in CD. (I have one Embarrassed)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 14:12
Some
light on this little gem. Bad reputaion, not very good reviews (2 stars for Jim,) but I love it. My secret is that I listen to the first six songs glued together like I would listen to a long suite of 20 minutes. In fact one of the longest suite of 70's RPI.
PS ; Don't talk to anyone. It's a secret.
PS2 : I don't propose soundclips. You wouldn't like it.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 15:04
Originally posted by Andrea Cortese Andrea Cortese wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

You lucky progger!ClapTell me what do you think about each of those 6 albums. I always had a soft spot for Bug Mark.

I absolutely sure will. I'm really gonna sit down with it and drink it all in. I know I'm gonna love it. Goblin is an artist that I've wanted to discover more of for a while now. It's long overdue and I know it's not a question of weather I will love it or not, it's which album will I love the most. I'm a huge fan of movie scores, so it's gonna be a real treat. My Goblin care package should arrive in a little under 2 weeks. I let ya know around then.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 16:56
^^^
Then I look forward to hearing from you.Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 17:00

One of my favourite romantic singer song album. Almost impossible to find in CD. (I have one Embarrassed)

Riccardo Fogli was the Pooh's bassist (until '72) before the arrival of Red Canzian. This should be his only one contribution to (soft) prog as far as I'm concerned.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 17:23
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Well all this talk about Goblin encouraged me to get my first LP by them this morning, "Roller".  On my first listen with headphones on while smelling the Thanksgiving turkey cooking while watching one of those silly parades (muted).  Snip Snap playing, it is quite snappy, I am liking what I hear so far.

Let us know how you go with `Roller', AEP, the later half of the album gets more technical, even like a noisier ELP in places!

People, I found some clips of Goblin in Melbourne, Youtube clips that people filmed with their phones, of varying quality of course, but it gives you an idea of the massive pipe organ Claudio played on:

`Roller'
Roller - Live Melbourne 21-11-2012

Plus `Suspiria':
Suspiria - Melbourne 21-11-2012

Goblin goes dark synth pop for `Tenebre'!
Tenebre - Melbourne 21-11-2012

Gave Roller a good half dozen spins so far and is a 4 plus stars to me, one of my favorite instrumentals right now.  I have not checked out ABB links yet to the live show, I hope to tonight.

However, I am curious now what version I downloaded off of Amazon.  On my version, Aquaman is live and the guitar solo seemed to have a mixing problem part the way through.  I also noticed that Snip Snap is longer than the version listed on PA (not 100% sure if its live or not).  I did not see a live version listed in PA and in the reviews, no one mentioned guitar issue in Aquaman.  I went back to Amazon and looked deeper and saw there are 2 different versions of Roller, one 40 minutes and the other 34 minutes.  In getting it yesterday, I selected what showed up in my initial search and did not notice the second one.  Anyway, wanted to see if you guys here heard of this alternate version of Roller? 

Here is the Amazon link to the one I got.

Edited by AEProgman - November 23 2012 at 17:25
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 17:46
Oh man those Twinkies are making me hungry.....

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 17:50
First of all, AEP, glad you like the actual `Roller' instrumental!!

Hmmm, how confusing about that download!! Did you buy it as a COMPLETE album, or track by track? I know if you buy them separately, you can sometimes accidently be purchasing an alternative version without knowing if you're not paying close attention - guilty of that myself!

I've got both a reissued vinyl and CD, I'll check out the running times when I get home and report back!

Goblin have a confusing amount of `alternate takes'/outtakes/demos/dif. versions of MANY of their tracks!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 18:05
We don't have TWINKIES in France !Cry What is it ? Cream ? Fish ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 358>