Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 497>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2017 at 13:45
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7273

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=6777

Please cross-reference  these bands bios  (they are already mentioned, but would be much fine with clickable links)

Edited by Quinino - June 10 2017 at 13:48
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2017 at 15:49
^ Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2017 at 10:14
I was about to add the new album from this band and I noticed the previous album has the album/track titles in English, unlike the previous albums, which are in Swedish. Should I change this one to Swedish or not? If not, in which language should I add the new album?
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2017 at 13:14
^ Samuel, I wouldn't say they are full-proof  for all situations,  but the approved guidelines say:

"
2.9 Tracks should be listed in their language and spelling of origin as given on the album

2.10 English translations of non-English titles may be given, separated from the main name by "/" and before the track length
"

We should comply whenever feasible, that's my view Geek

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2017 at 18:00
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=54425 Album is missing track timings.

Tracklist
1 ...E Continua Ad Essere... (4:27)
2 Giusto Equilibrio (13:32)
3 Oric (4:33)
4 Fuga Dal Lago (11:29)
5 L'Occhio Del Gabbiano (13:40)

Album is on progstreaming: http://progstreaming.nl/pages/play-album.php?activeAlbum=2017-06-12-12+-+Panther+e+C.+-+Il+Giusto+Equilibrio, and the above timings check out accurately.

Damn fine album it is too! Smile
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 03:35
^ Done, thanks
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 06:52
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^ Samuel, I wouldn't say they are full-proof  for all situations,  but the approved guidelines say:

"
2.9 Tracks should be listed in their language and spelling of origin as given on the album

2.10 English translations of non-English titles may be given, separated from the main name by "/" and before the track length
"

We should comply whenever feasible, that's my view Geek

That's the way it's on Discogs, so I copied the titles from there. I left the album title only in Swedish though. Then I added the new one with the same template.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 07:13
^ And you did alright Thumbs Up

Thanks for caring (if only everyone would ... ?)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 07:20
^ I couldn't add it without any convention. I guess you know that itch too Tongue
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 07:44
^ I don't understand - could you please explain what you mean ?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 09:30
^ Sinto um certo desconforto quando vejo que os álbuns de um artista foram adicionados de qualquer maneira. Back to English.

Edited by Meltdowner - June 13 2017 at 09:33
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 09:41
^ Sam, you baffled me with the "convention" word choice, now I see (and share ) what you meant Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 10:00
^ Sorry, I thought of the "code convention" expression but it's not the best word in this case.
YellowSky View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 00:48
On the page of the Artificial Language band, here: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=10163 every time the name of the band is written it's written with a mistake, with an extra I: arItificial language

Edited by YellowSky - June 14 2017 at 00:52
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 10:44
^ Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Per Kohler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 04:25
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=6615
(please note that Jenny Berggren is the none less than one of the vocalists of Ace of Base. A more than interesting oddity I suppose. The third most successful pop group in Sweden after Abba & Roxette. It was confirmed by a friend of mine who is cousin to the three band siblings. Despite the fact that bass player Magnus Berggren has the same family name he wasn't aware of any relation between them).   

Line-up / Musicians:

+ Jenny Berggren (Ace of Base) / vocals (5-7)
Per Köhler
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 07:57
^ Curious find, well done !
MasterOfPuppets View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterOfPuppets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 17:46
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=54769

Accent mark fixes. Also maybe remove some of that extra white space in the track listing?

- Benoît Dupuis / keyboards
- François Fournier / bass
- Jean Pageau / vocals
- Jean-Sébastien Goyette / drums
- Michel St-Père /guitar
- Sylvain Moineau / guitar
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 17:56
^ Done, thanks !
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2017 at 07:52
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=54820

- Emanuele Tarasconi / Keyboards, Lead Vocal
- Francesca Zanetta / Guitars, Mellotron
- Dario Pessina / Bass, Bass Pedals, Vocal
- Marco Garbin / Drums and Percussion

With:
Matteo Bertani / Violin
Camilla Pozzi / Vocal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 497>