Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roe v Wade overturned

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 12:21
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

That's very pessimistic and really grim. SickUnhappyCry
That, my friend, is 'Murica, and the a**hole majority's opinions in the Supreme Court. Guns now have more rights than women.
Oh I know. A majority opinion of a minority of The People. If I was someone who relished in attacking  a foreign nation's charter I might be inclined to say someone needs to take a pick axe to that old scroll and get their @ss into the 21st century. Luckily I avoid such commentary.
Saturday Night Live got it right with this skit (as dumb as it might be)

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 12:23

That, my friend, is 'Murica, and the a**hole majority's opinions in the Supreme Court. Guns now have more rights than women.
Oh I know. A majority opinion of a minority of The People. If I was someone who relished in attacking  a foreign nation's charter I might be inclined to say someone needs to take a pick axe to that old scroll and get their @ss into the 21st century. Luckily I avoid such commentary.
"Now let's consider this, Clem. Protect my guns and end legal abortion? Or have the opposite? I'm a going with the guns!"

Sarcasm aside, The sad truth is that many Republicans never believed Roe v. Wade would ever be overturned, even with such Nazis on the bench. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Edited by SteveG - June 24 2022 at 12:26
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 12:34
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Saturday Night Live got it right with this skit (as dumb as it might be)

Silly, but true.LOL
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 12:39
^Video doesn't show.
Gotta link?
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 12:42
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 12:56
Are women who have had abortions now criminals in states like Alabama? Is that next? Confused
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 12:59
How soon until a woman who has a miscarriage is put on trial for an illegal abortion?  
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 13:03
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Roe v. Wade Cold Open - SNL - YouTube
Nope... Cry   I guess they just don't want us to see it here.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 13:34

It's okay, after the children are born we can shoot them with our guns. We satisfy the gun lobby and get rid of unwanted kids at the same time. Killing two birds with one stone, as it were. 

You know the few people ive spoken to here in the UK today all said basically what you've just said.. using dark humour to try and make sense of what we're hearing..

Europe (Britain particularly) seems stuck in some kind of 1970's 'winter of discontent' revival thing but this makes the US look like its trying to recreate the medieval past it never actually had!

Norbert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 13:39
Good the SCOTUS stood  the ground  and did not succumb to the violent, sometimes  even terroristic mob.
This decision will not effect the utterly barbaric abortion laws of New York, Illinois or California.

The countries that allow the butchering of 7 pound unborn babies always when a professional killer and a woman agrees are:

China
North Korea
Vietnam
Canada
USA

The first three countries are obvious paragons of democracy  and respecting human rights...

If Canada and USA feels well in such company...

In the land of Brave and Free according to one party it is OK if frustrated, psychologically disturbed  teens own machine guns.
According to the other party it is OK to dismember a full term unborn baby.
How sick.

Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 13:42
In all honesty i didnt watch the SNL video before i posted... Phew.. Yep...

Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 15:14
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

It's okay, after the children are born we can shoot them with our guns. We satisfy the gun lobby and get rid of unwanted kids at the same time. Killing two birds with one stone, as it were. 

You know the few people ive spoken to here in the UK today all said basically what you've just said.. using dark humour to try and make sense of what we're hearing..

Europe (Britain particularly) seems stuck in some kind of 1970's 'winter of discontent' revival thing but this makes the US look like its trying to recreate the medieval past it never actually had!

Amy Coney Barrett is an originalist, meaning she interprets the constitution as if it were 1787. Maybe she should be removed from the court because no woman was admitted until 1981, almost 200 later.

The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 15:33
Originally posted by Progosopher Progosopher wrote:

Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Amy Coney Barrett is an originalist, meaning she interprets the constitution as if it were 1787. Maybe she should be removed from the court because no woman was admitted until 1981, almost 200 later.

Amy Coney Barrett should be trundled off to marry a cousin in an arranged marriage and kept barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen like every dutiful 18th century wife, who were more chattel than people. Die in childbirth and the husband can move along (after a few months of enforced grieving, of course) to marry the next cousin. Woman couldn't vote until the 20th century -- there was no precedent in the Constitution until it was amended.

Which reminds me, you know how to shut up an originalist? Remind them of the The three-fifths compromise, an infamous passage in the US Constitution, wherein a slave could be counted as 3/5ths of a human being for tax purposes. Wonder why they didn't keep that in there? Perhaps because it was unethical as hell and morally contemptible. So don't tell me we have to look at the Constitution as it was written 250 years ago, because it is bullsh**.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 17:17
Wait a minute. The great American Thomas Jefferson helped write the Constitution. You know, the guy who said all men are created equal, in some other document, while sleeping with his slaves

Edited by SteveG - June 24 2022 at 17:55
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 17:44
Oh, Norbert, need I say a Hungarian's view of the U.S. is useless.   You clearly don't understand Federal vs. State law and your stance is muddled between Religious Extremism and Redneck Ignorance.

Anything else?   Maybe some tea?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 17:46
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I don't know whereto the US of A are sliding, but it is certainly downwards and backwards, in time, space, morality, credibility, sincerity... Good luck!

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 17:56
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I don't know whereto the US of A are sliding, but it is certainly downwards and backwards, in time, space, morality, credibility, sincerity... Good luck!
No problems for me. I live in the democratic country of California.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 18:10
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

No problems for me. I live in the democratic country of California.
Crap! I live in Kansas. Abortion is currently legal, but on the ballot for August. What is not legal in Kansas is weed. That would help calm the madness.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 20:46
It's worth remembering that four right wing justices were nominated by two presidents who did not win the popular vote. So there's that.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 21:25
Barrett is a mole.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>