Topic ClosedForthcoming Prog Metal Releases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 10:57
RIVERSIDE

Anno Domini High Definition

Between the concerts, preparing live dvd and realizing some solo projects, the band has already started to work on the material for the newest record. Its title will probably be "Anno Domini High Definition". This record is planned to be the most energetic of all those released so far. Soon, there will be a separate column added to our website, where you may learn about the process of its production.

The band will start to record in January 2009 and the release is planned at the turn of May and June 2009.

http://www.last.fm/user/colt2112

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 11:00
^^^thanks Steve...Clap

sounds pretty good to me...I'll keep my eyes out for that one! (as will half the forum...Approve)

J
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 13:14
The new Suspyre album sounds pretty good folks - got the promo yesterday and have had some brief excursions into it.

Expect a brief review by the end of next week.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 13:28
^I loved A Great Divide so the new one is high on my wish list.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 20:31
This note arrived in my eMail today from Season's Mist:

October 27th/28th (US)  Cynic "Traced in Air"

The Faceless "Planetary Duality"  No date given, just says, Coming Soon.  New tracks posted on myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/thefaceless

Obsidian (http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3163) are in the studio recording now.  You can follow along with the recording process from their website.  Including video clips.. pretty interesting.

Edited by Plankowner - September 02 2008 at 01:41
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2008 at 08:45
^^ you are an absolute gentleman, David...just the sort of input this thread needs...Wink
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Carbon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2008 at 14:00
Hello! This is my first post here Smile

I'd like to add the anasazi's 4th album due to september 2008 (but seeing the mix is just over I'm not so sure it will be released then). Its name is origin(s).

Thanks

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2008 at 14:03
thank you for your help, Carbon...we'll look into it...Clap

any future info to keep this thread going, will be much appreciated...Smile
progmetalhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 03:54
Adagio Update

Master of the new album has just been completed. The mastering has been done by Bjorg Englemann (Rammstein, Meshuggah...) at Cutting Room Mastering studios in Sweden earlier this month.
"Bjorn did an amazing job, the result is heavy as f*%k and make the songs even more powerful !!! We're a 110 % happy with the result"

Archangels In Black is set to be released in January 2009 in Europe and Australia.
Name of the new label will be announced in the coming days.

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 04:24
Originally posted by Carbon Carbon wrote:

Hello! This is my first post here Smile

I'd like to add the anasazi's 4th album due to september 2008 (but seeing the mix is just over I'm not so sure it will be released then). Its name is origin(s).

Thanks

really enjoyed this band, but see they aren't on the archives as yet, so I have made a suggestion for Post Metal...Wink

many thanks, Carbon...Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 14:01
Tomorrow's Eve

Since finding a stable home on Lion Music in 2006 with “Mirror Of Creation II -Genesis 2”. German’s based metallers Tomorrow’s Eve have gone from strength to strength thanks to the exceptionally high and original quality of their music coupled with an ultra-powerful live show that has been impressing audiences across Europe over the last 2 years.

Now, Tomorrow’s Eve are back again with a powerhouse of an album. “Tales From Serpentia”, a collage of short stories, written by a twisted mind; dark and dreadful fictions from the abyss. Musically Tomorrow’s Eve still performs progressive metal, but with an emphasis on catchy melodic vocal lines and heavy riffs. The band plays complex but always accessible songs, holding interesting details to discover over repeated listens. In short: very dark, very melodic, and very accessible.

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 14:11
Shadrane

(Jared, Shadrane are yet to be listed in the archives (although noted under Vivien Lalu's main band Lalu) but have posted it anyway, if it's out of order please feel free to delete.)

http://www.myspace.com/shadrane for new album samples.

SHADRANE is the metal/progressive band-project of Vivien Lalu (Lalu, Hubi Meisel), Joop Wolters (Dutch guitar virtuoso) and the legendary brothers rhythm section of Matt and Gregg Bissonette (Joe Satriani, Steve Vai etc). From a vocal perspective SHADRANE makes use of different singers, according to the tracks needs with vocals coming from Göran Edman (ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, Street Talk, Brazen Abbot), Björn Jansson (Tears Of Anger, Ride The Sky, Beyond Twilight) and Henrik Båth (Darkwater) along with some backing vocals from Martin LeMar (Tomorrow’s Eve).

Musically “TEMPORAL” is a blend of prog-metal (Temporal, She Writes), power-metal (Betrayal, Morpheus) and more pop driven rock (Rainy, Consider It) - yet Shadrane’s own personality shines through all the compositions.  "Temporal" is a must own release for all fans of bands from diverse selections such as Savatage and Dream Theater

Edited by progmetalhead - September 04 2008 at 14:15

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 14:12
^^thanks Steve...much appreciated...Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 03:19
Kekal

The title "Audible Minority" is based to the fact that the music on the album has mapped itself into the extreme minority status; something beyond recognition of the musical norms. "Audible Minority" is a stateless, nameless, and label-less manifesto made from all the bitterness and pain. The album that is entirely bleak, gloom and dark.

Almost 2 years in the making, "Audible Minority" has been constructed during various personal events in life. It all began in September 2006, before the release of "The Habit of Fire", and continued to shape itself up until May 2008.

Final Track-Listing:
1. The Vampire Song  [download the song at Last.fm]
2. Conditional Destiny
3. Against
4. Ceasefire Negative
5. Between Us
6. For The Greater Good and Evil
7. Narrow Avenue  [watch the video]
8. Virtue of Perseverance
9. Shuffling Biorhythms
10. All That Matters
11. Locust (A-ha cover)

First 8 tracks will be available for FREE DOWNLOAD (yes, no kidding, free download) with the option of paying some small donation. However, the "official", label-released versions (CD and digital) will have all 11 tracks plus some possible extras. After some discussion with the record label who will release the official version (CD and digital), we agree to push the release date to December 2008.

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 14:42
Originally posted by progmetalhead progmetalhead wrote:

Shadrane

(Jared, Shadrane are yet to be listed in the archives (although noted under Vivien Lalu's main band Lalu) but have posted it anyway, if it's out of order please feel free to delete.)

Steve, once again, many thanks for the 'heads up' on this one...Clap

knowing how knowledgable you are, if you think a band's forthcoming album is prog metal, then please shove it on a post in this thread, even if the band concerned aren't listed on PA...Wink

there is no doubt in my mind that this is prog...and as such, I will start a thread in our 'Suggest New Bands' section, for our Prog Metal team to get their teeth into...Big%20smile

but as far as I'm concerned, this is an excellent find, and should have no difficulty being added...so, cheers, mate...Approve
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 19:19
Thanks for the thumbs up J.

The work will continue......Wink

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2008 at 15:17
This Haven

(J can you check these out to see whether they should be looked at by the PM team)

This Haven - Today A Wisper, Tomorrow a Storm, out 20 OCTOBER Sensational debut from Örebro, Sweden based metal / rock/ progressive act THIS HAVEN. An unique mixture of metal, stoner, hardcore and progressive rock. Produced, mixed and mastered by Dan Swanö (Edge of Sanity, Opeth, Katatonia, Dissection). Cover art by Matt Vickerstaff (My Dying Bride covers amongst others). 'I have been a fan of THIS HAVEN since day one. There is something quite unique about the way they combine all their different influences, to come up with something fresh yet insanely heavy and catchy. With epic tracks like "The Fallen" and monstrous beasts like "Hero of your hell" or "I will Decieve" This Haven can really break into the major league of metal!! This album have been quite the journey for all of us. But for me it was worth every second.' Dan Swanö / Mixengineer, July 2008.

Edited by progmetalhead - September 07 2008 at 15:22

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2008 at 15:21
Another Life

Another Life - Memories from Nothing, out 10 NOVEMBER Progressive Melodic metal/rock. Highly influenced by Nightingale. Keyboards and production by Dan Swano!!! Coverart by Ivan S. (Hatecraft, Mortifer,Forest Stream). First pressing will be a limited edition double cd, the extra disk will contain rare, newly recorded, acoustic and demo songs.

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 17:02
^^are you a Dan Swano junkie or something, Steve?....LOL

I'm really not sure where you find them all...but both have been added to our list...Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 08:02
Daedalus

DAEDALUS IS SIGNED TO GALILEO RECORDS AND WILL RELEASE THE ALBUM “THE NEVER ENDING ILLUSION” Daedalus is a band from Genoa, Italy. They joined together in 2000 and startet working on their songs drawing inspiration from different musical genres, trying to define a peculiar style and sound.

After a period of hard work, band settlement and a good number of live gigs, they recorded their first album in 2003. Leading far from a mistake (a self-made recording made with the little experience they had at the time). This was published by a small italian label.

Some sections of the album are performed by the italian vocalist Roberto Tiranti (Labyrinth, www.labyrinthmusic.it). The tracks were mixed by Roland Grapow.

::THE NEVER ENDING ILLUSION
Almost each of the ten songs deals about a different way of being concerned with the dualism between reality and dream/illusion. The lyrics draw a sort of path starting from facing the every-day life, passing through the sensation of "something" existing beyond the common aspects of life, then ending with a contemplation of our own dreams, in a way that could be seen as the closing of the circle.

Right now MARK WILKINSON is working on the artwork.

The CD will be released early next year.

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>