Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEcholyn!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which album is your favorite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [8.70%]
8 [34.78%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [39.13%]
4 [17.39%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2009 at 13:18
Not a band I have gotten into.  I heard Mei on internet radio a while back and liked it, but only heard it that once.  So I am on my Cox Rhapsody account today surfing for music and I remember this poll.  I have the free account and get 25 songs a month at no charge.  So I put in Echolyn and lo and behold, Rhapsody has them.  Listening to Mei in its entirety right now.  And it only costs me one song of my monthly 25!  What a deal.
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2009 at 13:44
I voted for As The World but it was a close run thing with Mei and Cowboy Poems being as good.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2009 at 13:56
Originally posted by johnobvious johnobvious wrote:

Not a band I have gotten into.  I heard Mei on internet radio a while back and liked it, but only heard it that once.  So I am on my Cox Rhapsody account today surfing for music and I remember this poll.  I have the free account and get 25 songs a month at no charge.  So I put in Echolyn and lo and behold, Rhapsody has them.  Listening to Mei in its entirety right now.  And it only costs me one song of my monthly 25!  What a deal.

That is always cool.  I've done similar downloads with my eMusic account, although they don't have Mei.  I downloaded that Fantomas surgery album/song that lasts 70+ minutes and it only cost me 1 download.  The fact that I still felt ripped off after listening to it is another story (and included in my review for those with too much time on their hands that care to read it).  LOL

Back on topic, Echolyn are a great band.  I really enjoy the albums that I have heard from them.  I haven't heard the official Mei, but I have heard the live version on their Jersey Tomato bootleg on their website, although I need to listen to it again and closer to decide how much I like it.  I'm not sure which is my favorite from them.  I don't have the first couple of albums, but I did download a Little Nonsense Now And Then from iTunes, and I believe that that has most, if not all of the songs from those releases.  That was a pretty good deal on iTunes since you get 3 CDs worth of albums and I think that it only cost $9.99.

Edited by rushfan4 - March 11 2009 at 13:56
Roan's Lady View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 21:44
As The World is my favorite, followed closely by Suffocating the Bloom. What an underrated band they are.
The world needs more echolyn...

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 21:47
Raff picked up an album by them last week....  too lazy to get up and see which one it was...  sounds like they had a hard-on for GG.   Great stuff.. but could see the influences all over it. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
MovingPictures07 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 21:51
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Raff picked up an album by them last week....  too lazy to get up and see which one it was...  sounds like they had a hard-on for GG.   Great stuff.. but could see the influences all over it. 

You probably got As the World then.

Try The End Is Beautiful next, perhaps! Smile
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 21:52
let me see....

yepper... that was the one...  really did like it.  Was our first one from them... I'll keep my eyes out for that.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 21:53

let me see....

yepper... that was the one...  really did like it.  Was our first one from them... I'll keep my eyes out for that.

You can't go wrong with any of them, really, but TEIB would be a good further purchase.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 21:54

LOL

I'm trying really hard....but I see a failed romance with Miss Echolyn coming.....Cry  I'm gonna keep playing the hell out of this thing though....it won't be for lack of giving it a chance to grab me. 

I think I'd like them better as an instrumental band. 

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 21:56
cool... thanks Alex...  we are going to a  place tomorrow.. the same one where Raff got shorted that RiO CD she bought.. to pick it up....and we'll check to see if they had any others. I think it was the same place she bought that one.   
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 22:00

cool... thanks Alex...  we are going to a  place tomorrow.. the same one where Raff got shorted that RiO CD she bought.. to pick it up....and we'll check to see if they had any others. I think it was the same place she bought that one.   

Sounds good. Thumbs Up

Let me know what you think.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 22:01
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

LOL

I'm trying really hard....but I see a failed romance with Miss Echolyn coming.....Cry  I'm gonna keep playing the hell out of this thing though....it won't be for lack of giving it a chance to grab me. 

I think I'd like them better as an instrumental band. 

Really? Interesting.

If you want to try going for another one, go with Mei then, maybe. Though there's a free live version of that song on their website, I think.
ghost_of_morphy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 21:03

Sheesh, if it wasn't Suffocating the Bloom that she picked up, you should send her back to Italy until she rectifies her mistake.
Cesar Inca View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 15:34
While albums 2 and 3 are the apex of what ECHOLYN was capable of during their first and better era, the peculiar "Mei" album finds them exploring new ways for current prog rock in a very challenging fashion. This is their masterpice, although I would recommend either "Suffocating", "World" or "Cowboy" for the uninitiated.

Kind regards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12