Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDream Experiences

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Do You Remember Your Dreams?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.38%]
17 [40.48%]
4 [9.52%]
1 [2.38%]
10 [23.81%]
7 [16.67%]
2 [4.76%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:16
The lag is worse for me, few people appear in my dream who are active participants in my life. The most common characters are people I no longer have contact with who were in the past big parts of my life. Some of them I got out of my life for good reason so it's really annoying.

Luckily I'm never naked in those dreams....
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:19
No... I doesn't happen to me... and how many people is aware that they are in dreams... most of mine I know that I'm on a dream and sometimes I can even create something in my dream, like creating a door when I need one or flying at will or you know, I manipulate my own dream... does this happen to any other as well...???
Change the program inside... Stay in silence is a crime.
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:20
Depends.

I remember at least two vivid dreams from my childhood. One involved graphic Lord of the Flies-esque violence and another involved an anatomically incorrect sexual picnic with an attractive neighbor.

Needless to say, my childhood was awesome.
The Sleepwalker View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:25
Originally posted by stonebeard stonebeard wrote:

Depends.

I remember at least two vivid dreams from my childhood. One involved graphic Lord of the Flies-esque violence and another involved an anatomically incorrect sexual picnic with an attractive neighbor.

Needless to say, my childhood was awesome.

LOL
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:30
Originally posted by gottagetintogetout gottagetintogetout wrote:

Originally posted by Negoba Negoba wrote:

I always assumed everyone had naked dreams. It's always being out in public. No one else is naked, of course. I've heard of lots of folks with these before. Or maybe it's just people raised Catholic...hmmm....

I've had a few of these dreams.  
I've also had dreams that usually end with me falling to my death.  This has happened so many times I think I almost imagine the experience of falling and knowing you won't survive in the end.  Hopefully this doesn't mean anything.

I have those falling dreams really frequently, usually once or twice a week. I always wake up sweating.

Worst dream I can remember having as a child was Aliens dragging me out of my house after watching Signs when I was 7 or 8
jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:40
My God... you are young man...!!! I saw signs (and love it, by the way, especially for the qoute "It could be possible that there's no coincidences") at 19 or some...

falling dreams just when I'm with a cold and I take pills... and was only when I was a kid... but I remember a couple of dreams about it...
Xanthous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 17:12
I have tons of dreams that I remember, most of them being very unusual/ psychedelic. Ever since I started listening to all this progressive music. My mind has been overflowing with ideas. A lot of this correlates into my dreams.  Multi- colored mountains, floating, alternate realities, Roger Dean, artwork, and many many other things factor into these. Once I can get my Ipod working (This is where I write down and store some of my best ones) I'll try to get a few of the better ones up here.
Xanthous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 17:17
Originally posted by jampa17 jampa17 wrote:

No... I doesn't happen to me... and how many people is aware that they are in dreams... most of mine I know that I'm on a dream and sometimes I can even create something in my dream, like creating a door when I need one or flying at will or you know, I manipulate my own dream... does this happen to any other as well...???

It's kind of like my goal. I've been able to realize I'm in a dream many times, but been able to manipulate them only a few times before.  I conjured up a colour haze one time (also floated) but most of the other times I tried to do things and woke up. 
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 17:21
Originally posted by floydispink floydispink wrote:

Here's a recent dream I had, it was epic Big smile:

Originally posted by floydispink (at the off at tangents thread) floydispink (at the off at tangents thread) wrote:

I'd like to share the brilliant dream I had last night with you:
I was sitting in my room, and when I looked outside into the backyard I saw a bunch of filthy rats. Obviously I didn't want those there, so I dressed up like a ghost and tried to scare them away. Unfortunately they weren't scared and they got angry at me. They called some of their mates and suddenly my house was surrounded by a huge army of rats. There were millions of them, and they were furious. They were ravaging cities close to my house and attacking innocent people. Suddenly I got a vision... I needed to show the rats a little lamb, so that I could summon the army of angels. So, I summoned a little lamb, went outside, showed it to the angry rats and went back inside. the rats were looking anry at me, but they didn't attack me. Then the army of angels appeared and the rats fled.

You've seen the Paranoid Android video way too many times LOL
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 17:31

I always assumed everyone had naked dreams. It's always being out in public. No one else is naked, of course. I've heard of lots of folks with these before. Or maybe it's just people raised Catholic...hmmm....

I'm an Orthodox Christian and it's the same. Walking around the town, having to do something (which is why I can't go back home, for some reason I have to keep going), and suddenly noticing I'm wearing only a t-shirt, with no pants or anything.

The typical dreams I used to have as a boy were about falling from great heights or hanging on to some weird object with the weird capacity to fly and drag me over many places, in the air. When I hit adolescence though, those dreams suddenly disappeared. I think Freud described this but I'm not sure (I haven't read any).

The funniest thing when having a regular dream is consciously remembering (while dreaming!) that I've been in this setting/landscape before, in another dream (which I can, vaguely but good enough, remember).

I haven't been dreaming much since quite some time (years), but from time to time I do get chased mercilessly by that T-Rex. Damn you Spielberg!
jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2010 at 08:00
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

I'm an Orthodox Christian and it's the same. Walking around the town, having to do something (which is why I can't go back home, for some reason I have to keep going), and suddenly noticing I'm wearing only a t-shirt, with no pants or anything.

The typical dreams I used to have as a boy were about falling from great heights or hanging on to some weird object with the weird capacity to fly and drag me over many places, in the air. When I hit adolescence though, those dreams suddenly disappeared. I think Freud described this but I'm not sure (I haven't read any).

The funniest thing when having a regular dream is consciously remembering (while dreaming!) that I've been in this setting/landscape before, in another dream (which I can, vaguely but good enough, remember).

I haven't been dreaming much since quite some time (years), but from time to time I do get chased mercilessly by that T-Rex. Damn you Spielberg!

jajaja... Damn directors...!!!

I dream with Avatar yesterday... that I was flying through this strange world... but of course, that night I just saw it... Damn Cameron...
Trademark View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2010 at 08:09
My most common recurring dream is a house dream.  Its never the same house, always an unfamiliar one and I have to search through it to someone or something.  I'm always lost and can never get where I need to go.  But for some reason I'm never in a hurry or state of panic; just calmly wandering from room to room; meeting people and seeing what's there.  Sometimes I've gone outdoors and and come back in, and once it was a huge factory.  I've heard that this is not an uncommon type of dream but no one here has mentioned it yet.

Edited by Trademark - January 07 2010 at 08:12
manch1ech00ta View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2010 at 17:32
I remember most of my dreams but they get hasy after a while but sometimes i dream something so awesome that i get stuck in my mind. i love dreaming, it´s like another reality but exaggerated and much unstabler and distorted ahhh just love it Big smileBig smileBig smile
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2010 at 17:43
Originally posted by progkidjoel progkidjoel wrote:

Originally posted by gottagetintogetout gottagetintogetout wrote:

I've had a few of these dreams.  
I've also had dreams that usually end with me falling to my death.  This has happened so many times I think I almost imagine the experience of falling and knowing you won't survive in the end.  Hopefully this doesn't mean anything.

I have those falling dreams really frequently, usually once or twice a week. I always wake up sweating.

Worst dream I can remember having as a child was Aliens dragging me out of my house after watching Signs when I was 7 or 8

I've never head a go-to-school-naked dream or anything like that. I may have had dreams where I was naked, but if I was it was irrelevant.
jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2010 at 08:10
I still remember very clearly what I dream last night... so I really can't be on the regular 10 minutes of remembering dreams... I was a very bizarre dream and I don't like the feel of it...
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2010 at 18:05
As a kid, ALL THE TIME!

But now, (I'd say over the last 5 or so years and especially the last 2 or 3) I can NEVER remember them.

Best I usually get is waking up with the slightest, vaguest memory that I had one.
I can honestly say that I remember 3 FULL dreams over the last few years.

I hate it.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2010 at 18:29
I find that if I concentrate on my dreams when I first wake up, it helps me to remember my dreams. I have read that it is best to keep a dream diary, in which you right down everything you remember from your dreams. I think it is supposed to help you focus on your sleeping habits and can allow you to have lucid dreams.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2010 at 19:47
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

I find that if I concentrate on my dreams when I first wake up, it helps me to remember my dreams. I have read that it is best to keep a dream diary, in which you right down everything you remember from your dreams. I think it is supposed to help you focus on your sleeping habits and can allow you to have lucid dreams.

I used to have lucid dreams ALOT, (of course that was back when I could remember them).
Its tough. I wake up and have nothing. Like I said sometimes I have just the memory that I HAD a dream. Maybe if I try focusing when it happens I can coax something out.
jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2010 at 08:52
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

In one teenagers magazine in which Icollab I have to interpret dreams that people sends me... I have like three or four books about it... and those are interesting... I don't believe in those interpretations, but it's fun to do it... and that's a common advise, write your dreams in a dairy, and that's aloud you to control them eventually... I was experiment with the method, but I get scared when I pass to the "Extracorporal experiences Chapter"... it was really odd and scary... you should canalize the vibrations that to sense in the exact moment of falling sleep and do a couple more of mental excercises...

BTW: I remember my dreams... I remember the one I have just today...
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2010 at 08:56
I had a dream last night about being in an extreme down-hill skiing competition. I think the current weather may have something to do with that.
What?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>