Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KoS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 17:01
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

Prince of Peace

The U.S. intelligence community will now be able to store information about Americans with no ties to terrorism for up to five years under new Obama administration guidelines.

I still can't believe people think he deserves a vote.

I read that yesterday. Depressing. There goes the martyr of freedom. There goes the defender of liberty. 

Worse thing is , 3 out of the other 4 would be just as bad and 2 would be even worse for personal liberties....Cry

Hyperbole much?
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 17:21
Not news, properly speaking, but damn.  Wow.
KoS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 17:42
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/03/30/canada-budget-2012-cfia-cuts_n_1391708.html?ref=canada
Quote The federal government’s decision to stop policing nutrition claims on food labels threatens Canadians’ health and leaves consumers with little recourse when food labels are wrong, the head of an agricultural union says.

In the budget released Thursday, the Conservative government announced it would no longer verify nutrition claims on food labels, and will instead set up a website where consumers can take their concerns directly to food producers..
Of course Libertarians will applaud that, though it makes no sense.

Edited by KoS - March 30 2012 at 17:43
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 18:35
^Maybe if you post that in the libertarian thread your trolling could be more on topic. 
KoS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 18:50
I can't express an opinion?
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2012 at 18:17
Olberman fired again and his co-workers basically calling him a prick.  He must have quite the winning personalityLOL

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2012 at 20:59
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Olberman fired again and his co-workers basically calling him a prick.  He must have quite the winning personalityLOL
All those pundits that seem to think they know the ultimate truth must be at least semi-pricks. Even when I was closer to his ideals I couldn't stand Olberman (or Maddow, or Matthews).
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibrationbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 15:34
Kate Winslet has become  my instant heroine. I just saw on Yahoo news that Céline.s song from that movie she starred in that exploited a tragedy about a boat getting wacked by a killer iceberg in 1912. She said on an Italian TV show that the song, My Heart Will Go On makes her want to throw up. I watched Celine's TV documentary last night because I decided that I didn't have a life for 90 minutes. The part that made me cry the most was when she was in her $ 15 million business jet with her three little freaks and her pedophile husband talking about what a tough stressful life she has making $50 million for a few crappy shows in Vegas butchering AC DC and Journey songs. She even hacked her way through Shirley Bassey's Goldfinger. I made a note to remember her in my will because I feel guilty about the stress free life I'm living paying car insurance, mortgage payments, life insurance etc. All those appearances on the fat pig Oprah Show must have taken decades off the back end of her life.

Kate is my heroine from now on!!!!!!!!

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 18:17
Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

My barf will go on?
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equality 7-2521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 19:13
I see that you don't respect women very much.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 19:51
Celine Dion is a woman?
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 07:33
UK government plans to unleash new 'web snooping' legislation as soon as possible.

BBC article

Home Secretary Theresa May said 'ordinary people' had nothing to fear, but 'terrorist, paedo's and criminals' did, she told the hysterical right wing tabloid, The Sun.

The legislation allows the UK inteligence servies to monitor real time data, in the form of e-mails, website visits, text messages etc, although apparently there is to be no big new government database.

It's a good job that government never lies, distorts the truth, courts corruption and corporate criminality, and never misleads its electorate, otherwise us civil libertarian fruitcakes may have something to worry about here. Phew!

Edited by Blacksword - April 03 2012 at 07:34
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 07:45
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibrationbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 09:16
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Celine Dion is a woman?

Whatever it is I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole if it were the last thing that moved in the universe.
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 12:24

Celine Dion is a woman?

Stern Smile

LOL
Help me I'm falling!
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 20:18
Supreme Court upholds strip-searches
For ANY arrest, even if you're innocent, it's finger-in-the-butt

Link

The Supreme Court on Monday ruled by a 5-to-4 vote that officials may strip-search people
arrested for any offense, however minor, before admitting them to jails even if the officials
have no reason to suspect the presence of contraband. Angry

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 21:26
^Slarti, that was already posted in the libertarian thread on Monday, as you might guess. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 07:00
^Not to hurt your feelings or anything, but more people come here than there, which is I why I was unaware you had scooped me there. LOL
Still it is a worthy News Of The Day item and we really should note the damage that the right wing judicial activists are now doing.

Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equality 7-2521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 11:49
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 12:37

^Not to hurt your feelings or anything, but more people come here than there, which is I why I was unaware you had scooped me there. LOLStill it is a worthy News Of The Day item and we really should note the damage that the right wing judicial activists are now doing.

Left wing judges want us to be forced to buy something (healthcare). Though it might sound like something much more benign and even beneficial, in depth they're just two sides of the same coin: judges not giving a f**k about people's liberties.

No need to fight me on this one as you probably would Slart. I usuay despise all judges in the supreme court the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 446>