Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive poll team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 52>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 11:32
From the last list I could find, I am doing the next one starting tomorrow and after that there isn't anyone listed.

BTW, after consideration, I'll start up a usual poll with the usual rules - one thread and three votes. I may put it up tonight so it's ready for tomorrow.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 11:33
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

From the last list I could find, I am doing the next one starting tomorrow and after that there isn't anyone listed.

BTW, after consideration, I'll start up a usual poll with the usual rules - one thread and three votes. I may put it up tonight so it's ready for tomorrow.

will you tell us the theme? 
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 11:34
Thanks for bringing us up to date on the poll order, George!  Note that Raff wishes to be added in (in case it's missed due to being on the previous page).
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 11:53
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Not too original, but follow up Mike's (TCat's) poll on water, I am going with fire (allowing for figurative use and not just literal--though imaginary bonus points for songs literally about fire).
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 11:58

Not too original, but follow up Mike's (TCat's) poll on water, I am going with fire (allowing for figurative use and not just literal--though imaginary bonus points for songs literally about fire).

ok, nice! 
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 12:53
I had also thought about fire Wink, but it's not a big deal at all. There are so many topics to be explored, and I'll think of something else! Now that I come to think about it, I believe I have an idea LOL...
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 13:41
Has samsara ever been offered as a topic? I ask because I have had a couple of discussions with a couple of musicians recently about the number of albums in the last year or so that have samsara as either an integral part of their concept, or wholly as the concept. It’s always been a popular and recurrent theme throughout the years, but there seem to have been an exceptional number of albums touching upon it recently.

jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 13:42
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

What do you think of the new calendar?

18 January 2021 Logan (if he will be available)

1 February, Shadowyzard

15 February Lewian

1 March, Meltdowner

15 March, The Anders

29 March, Snicolette

12 April, Cristi

26 March, TCaT

10 May, mathman0806

Is there anyone you want to add to the team? I would gladly give it priority.

PS Edited, added Shadowyzard

This was the last calendar.

Before Logan there was me, and before me, mathman0806.

So, if Raff want to join the team, I suggest

- mathman next tuesday

then after 14 days, 

- jamesbaldwin

- logan

- raff 

- shadowyzard

- lewian

- meltdowner

- the Anders

- snicolette

- cristi 

- tcat

- mathman and so on...

"Happiness is real only when shared"
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 13:43
maybe ad Nick and JD, our new comers to the list... 
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 13:44
Fine by me, I have a topic but I'm fine having a number of other polls before that one, as in your list.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 13:56

Nick, do you want to join the team?

JD, do you want to join the team?

If the answer were yes, I would add you to the calendar.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2021 at 05:59

Sure, I’m happy to give it a go. Thanks.
(And thanks to Cristi for the nudge.... 😉)

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2021 at 18:29
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Sure, I’m happy to give it a go. Thanks.
(And thanks to Cristi for the nudge.... 😉)

Thumbs Up
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2021 at 18:32
The next poll will have as a theme:

Emotional songs sung by female performers.

What matters is that the singer is a woman, and that her interpretation (or in any case the music, combined with her singing), give you a great emotion (of any kind), if not even chills.

The songs can be written by the same woman performer, or it can be a cover, or written by the group in which the woman sings, including prog groups and authors who are on progarchives.

Hope you enjoy.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 12:12
George, I hope I didn't jump the gun by voting....I got from your post that it was OK to start, but you didn't precisely officially say to start, until I re-read it after casting my votes.  My sincerest apologies if I misunderstood.  
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 13:21
Thanks for the go-ahead in the poll.  Smile
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2021 at 10:51
Tomorrow I'll open the new poll:

Emotional songs sung by female performers.

What matters is that the singer is a woman, and that her interpretation (or in any case the music, combined with her singing), give you a great emotion (of any kind), if not even chills.

The songs can be written by the same woman performer, or it can be a cover, or written by the group in which the woman sings, including prog groups and authors who are on progarchives.

Hope you enjoy.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 10:22
New calendar:

- logan (8th of June)

Then, after 14 days, 

- raff 

- nick (new entry!)

- shadowyzard

- lewian

- meltdowner

- the Anders

- snicolette

- cristi 

- tcat

- mathman 

- jamesbaldwin

- logan and so on...

Edited by jamesbaldwin - May 25 2021 at 10:23
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 10:33
Thanks for the list and love your theme, Lorenzo. By the way, for a little preview of my theme, the title will be "Heaven-Sent or Hell-Bent?"

One again, thanks so much for coming up with this topic. It's the greatest series ever on PA, I think. Brilliant idea and is a major part of what keeps me interested in this forum.

Edited by Logan - May 25 2021 at 10:41
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2021 at 08:19
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Hello Team, sorry to get your attention like that, but I got word from Lorenzo that he has sadly broken his knee and it's difficult for him to be writing right now.  Please join me in wishing him a speedy recovery.  

He asked me to take charge of the Emotional Women Vocals Poll, so I will be opening the poll in the morning for voting.  

I will start a new poll topic, just for voting, as I won't be able to access the original poll chart, so look for that tomorrow morning, in Pacific Daylight Time, sometime between 7AM and Noon.  I will work up a list of all of the nominations at the bottom of the original poll and also in the opening post for the new voting topic.

I'm sure you all join me in wishing Lorenzo all the best right now, may he be able to rejoin us soon.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 52>