Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 11:58
Hi torodd, there aren't even any buses running here so my wife has had to use some of her annual leave from work. My own journey to work, which usually takes 20 minutes in the car, took nearly an hour yesterday... and that was at 6 o'clock in the morning!   

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 12:02
I saw on the tele about the snow you guys are getting over there.  My sympathies of course. 

It's pretty much the story of our life here in MN for one-third of the year.  Removing it from one's room and driveway become a never-ending chore.AngryWink

seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 12:13
Thanks, Jim. Any time there's a bit of snow here the country grinds to a halt. We just never seem to be prepared for it. And it's unusually early this winter.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 12:09
Originally posted by seventhsojourn seventhsojourn wrote:

^ I need to get that Areknames CD. Thumbs Up

We've had mega snow for about the past ten days, the worst in forty years apparently. Leaving aside the nightmare journeys to/from work, road closures, petrol pumps dry, empty shelves in shops etc, we've only had one postal delivery and I'm getting itchy waiting for several packages. How have the roads been with you, Paul? 

Terrible Chris! Talk about a baptism of fire - I've been taking the buses out in some awful conditions. Still if i can cope with this along with the Xmas rush the rest of the year should be easy.
POTA View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 21:30
I've played Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum from start to finish at least a hundred times over the years. It never gets old.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 21:31
Originally posted by POTA POTA wrote:

I've played Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum from start to finish at least a hundred times over the years. It never gets old.

I'm with ya man, but I think the second album is even better!!!   Smile

Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 11:30
Il Tempio delle Clessidre fell from 1st to 9th position of the top studio albums 2010 list...Cry

... but I still have my review to share with you all... and I will before the end of the year... eh ehehehehWink
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 11:34
^ My (five star) review is coming as well...

To my snowed-in/out friends, my best wishes for rain, or at least for good endurance for shoveling!
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 11:37
(By the way, Jim, that signature picture is quite heartwarming--one of my favs--and certainly a better sight than that creepy one you just had!)

My Gnosis Ratings

Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 11:45
Originally posted by Todd Todd wrote:

To my snowed-in/out friends, my best wishes for rain, or at least for good endurance for shoveling!

mmmmmm... didn't speak of ratings... well, I'm not sure ... 4 stars or 5...? still undecided...Party

BTW, they say California and Italy share a similar weather... I don't know... I only know that many people now plan to get a flood insurance... I will post images, guys, of the recent disasters...  (I live 70 kms north from Venice).
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 12:00
^ I go back and forth on the 4 or 5 star thing, too, Andrea, as I know others have as well.  But for me the fact that I keep coming back to that one again and again makes me want to bump it to five.

I own flood insurance, but mainly because of the dammed lake we live next to.  I'll be interested to see any of your bad weather experience pictures!

My Gnosis Ratings

Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 12:30
Originally posted by Todd Todd wrote:

Thanks Todd, it's starting to thaw a bit but more snow is forecast for next week. Shocked

Looking forward to your review.

Edited by Nightfly - December 10 2010 at 12:33
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 12:32
Originally posted by Andrea Cortese Andrea Cortese wrote:

Il Tempio delle Clessidre fell from 1st to 9th position of the top studio albums 2010 list...Cry

... but I still have my review to share with you all... and I will before the end of the year... eh ehehehehWink

I guess it was inevitable but at least it was there for a while. I think it may just be my favourite album of the year.

I'll look forward to your review Andrea.
toroddfuglesteg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toroddfuglesteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 12:53

Let's not talk about 2010. The best album of the year is barely scraping in at the bottom of the list anyway so who cares ? 

Let's agree that the Il Tempio delle Clessidre album is a cracking good album for late nights in our rocking chairs at the retirement homes in some decades time........ or in my case; in some years time.  

A far more serious matter, and everyone bar Finnforest takes up their positions in the naughty corner, is that the Assenzi album Avon has only garnered one review so far. It is a free album and it is good. Download and review. 

Edited by toroddfuglesteg - December 10 2010 at 13:03
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 13:02
Which album you talking about Torodd? 

Although I agree the list rarely reflects my personal taste.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toroddfuglesteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 13:09
Originally posted by TheGazzardian TheGazzardian wrote:

Which album you talking about Torodd? 

Although I agree the list rarely reflects my personal taste.

All Over Everywhere - Inner Firmaments Decay.

Believe me, and I speak with 25 years experience, this is a minor genre generating album. The production and sound is something that needs to be heard to be believed. Take my word for that.  

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2010 at 22:06
Well, with all the weather comments, we're about to get a blizzard starting tonight.  They're predicting about 10-15" here with wind chills way below zero.  Looks like a real winter this year.  Send some global warming our way please, my butt is freezing.  Wink

Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2010 at 16:17
Originally posted by toroddfuglesteg toroddfuglesteg wrote:

Let's not talk about 2010. The best album of the year is barely scraping in at the bottom of the list anyway so who cares ? 

Let's agree that the Il Tempio delle Clessidre album is a cracking good album for late nights in our rocking chairs at the retirement homes in some decades time........ or in my case; in some years time.  

A far more serious matter, and everyone bar Finnforest takes up their positions in the naughty corner, is that the Assenzi album Avon has only garnered one review so far. It is a free album and it is good. Download and review. 

Guilty as charged Torodd. I've been so busy lately but i will dowmload it soon.

By the way,I was thinking of buying that All Over Everywhere cd you mention in another post. I was impressed with what I heard on the Emkog sampler. I'm assuming the rest is of equally high standard?
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2010 at 16:18
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Well, with all the weather comments, we're about to get a blizzard starting tonight.  They're predicting about 10-15" here with wind chills way below zero.  Looks like a real winter this year.  Send some global warming our way please, my butt is freezing.  Wink

Hope it doesn't get too rough for you over there Jim.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toroddfuglesteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2010 at 16:28
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Originally posted by toroddfuglesteg toroddfuglesteg wrote:

Guilty as charged Torodd. I've been so busy lately but i will dowmload it soon.

By the way,I was thinking of buying that All Over Everywhere cd you mention in another post. I was impressed with what I heard on the Emkog sampler. I'm assuming the rest is of equally high standard?

Better. Far better. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 358>