Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2014 at 10:58
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Geno's numbers: 4 for 8, 42 yards. 
This was not his numbers for one drive, but what he had near the games end LOL

He ended up 7 for 13, 65 yards.

I mean you might as well not have a quarterback at all.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2014 at 11:15
Just proves a great college career does not always translate onto the big stage. He was lights out at west virginia. Maybe Percy Harvin can save the Jets, not.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2014 at 19:09
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Geno's numbers: 4 for 8, 42 yards. 
This was not his numbers for one drive, but what he had near the games end LOL

He ended up 7 for 13, 65 yards.

I mean you might as well not have a quarterback at all.

I excluded the final stats because the "2 minute drive" is of course all passing. ....that's being generous in this caseLOL

Quite right Leary, thing is many of these college offenses are, whacky. He was great at WV but that's one of those spread, shotgun always, QB option deals...with quick, simple passes, probably a "one look" deal. 
I'm not saying a QB in this situation can't adopt to the NFL, but it seems RARE, will need time and the Jets have nooooooo offensive talent, until Harvin now. Drafting Geno was pure idiocy, but hey...stats and pizzazz are what lure us in now. The guys like Bortles, Carr, Mettenberger will almost certainly be more successful than Geno, Tebow, Locker, the kids that played in these college offenses. Hell, look at Wilson vs Kaepernick. Wilson played at a big ten school, Kaep in one of the whacky college offenses, and look how night and day they are. 

Edited by JJLehto - December 02 2014 at 19:15
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2014 at 22:43
Dang, Dallas almost gave us hope...but not even they could blow a lead that big. 
Expected more of a shootout, and I know Marshall got hurt but even before that...seemed lacking, what is the deal with Chicago? Offensively, defense just is anus lol 

That was the textbook game for Dallas: Great blocking leads to a beautiful run game, lets Romo make lots of safe, accurate passes. 21/26 - 205 and 3/0 is about as perfect a passing game as you can have. Murray is over 1600 yards now, I always felt, barring injury of course, he was gunna make 2000. Not sure about the record, he was never on pace for that, but still seems to be on pace to just make 2000. Was not sure we'd see it again honestly. 
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2014 at 22:52
One of the few times I root for the Bears, and of course they let me down.  Detroit needs to win out until week 17 (at Green Bay, an automatic L) to finish the season at 11-5 for a wild card.  I've already conceded the division to GB. 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 13:11
Giants season obviously well over, and it's been a garbage fire, BUT at least ODB is a beast. 96 yards and a TD in the first quarter, not to mention throwing a 60 yard pass. There was double coverage BUT he at least over threw it so it went past em all and wasn't a pick. It was a good pass too! Deep threat, runs short routes, makes great catches, makes simple ones, kid does it all. 

EDIT: Ya know...I'm not even happy about this win. I am relieved...but that's it, relieved. 
I'm actually pretty pissed off about some things, like how the DC has finally started blitzing, and these last 2 games they've gotten more sacks and pressure than all the rest of the season. I know JAX and TEN suck but at least they tried, I'm not saying it would've been successful against better teams but sheesh, they didn't even try. And all the conservative play calling and running into walls, to see them keep the steam going, calling outside runs, more creative plays in recent weeks..makes me think "Where was this when it mattered!?!?" 
Jesus....at least a win is a win. Maybe they rack up some feel good wins and end the season well, though that'll also remind me how we could have a winning recordLOLCry

Edited by JJLehto - December 07 2014 at 15:21
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 15:20

^ Giants racked it up today, only saw the score.

What do ya know, the Steelers won a game, against Bengals too!  Game was closer than the score, we got burned a number of times deep.  A couple of turnovers late and we took advantage of it.

Of course they have to play a team with a winning record to play worth a damn, otherwise we loose to the basement teams.LOL

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 15:34
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

^ Giants racked it up today, only saw the score.

What do ya know, the Steelers won a game, against Bengals too!  Game was closer than the score, we got burned a number of times deep.  A couple of turnovers late and we took advantage of it.

Of course they have to play a team with a winning record to play worth a damn, otherwise we loose to the basement teams.LOL

Yeah, 13 weeks into the season they finally learned to not let upLOL Even up big in the 4th they took a deep shot to Beckham that he dropped, but would've been a TD. 
Though even in this game, with Eli and ODB playing well, the run was doing quite fine, when on the goal line they went ZERO WRs, full power package but then attempted a passLOL This play calling has been a joke all year, whether or not Coughlin goes, we NEED more aggressive and creative play calling. 

Edited by JJLehto - December 07 2014 at 15:39
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2014 at 22:11
Sounds like a broken record(?):
Watching Green Bay is a thing of beauty. Rodgers is truly the best QB in the game. Makes every throw, is mobile as hell (he just bounced off a defender!) can make perfect throws even when in full scramble..like there is nothing you can do to really stop the guy. Even if you do, he can just take off. 

The whole team is just a well oiled machine, the backs are both great, Jordy Nelson and Rodgers are in perfect sync, it's amazing. 

Though Matt Ryan has played quite well, and Julio Jones is a freak   he has just shredded this secondary, every catch has been impressive, big, or gone for a first down. One of the most impressive WR games I've seen. I give Atlanta credit for hanging in there despite being on the verge of blowout all game. 

Edited by JJLehto - December 08 2014 at 22:18
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2014 at 23:47

Sounds like a broken record(?):
Watching Green Bay is a thing of beauty. Rodgers is truly the best QB in the game. Makes every throw, is mobile as hell (he just bounced off a defender!) can make perfect throws even when in full scramble..like there is nothing you can do to really stop the guy. Even if you do, he can just take off. 

The whole team is just a well oiled machine, the backs are both great, Jordy Nelson and Rodgers are in perfect sync, it's amazing. 

Though Matt Ryan has played quite well, and Julio Jones is a freak   he has just shredded this secondary, every catch has been impressive, big, or gone for a first down. One of the most impressive WR games I've seen. I give Atlanta credit for hanging in there despite being on the verge of blowout all game. 

And I thought AJ Green had a good day yesterday? Damn, Julio Jones put him to shame.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 03:28
Anybody else think the Seahawks are getting back there at just the right time?  After a very patchy start they have really got it together and that defense is looking immense.  I'm thinking they will go all the way.  It looks like it will be between the Packers and the Seahawks in the NFC and although they might have to go to Lambeau in the playoffs and that won't be easy Seattle still look the team to beat to me.  That's from a Packers fan.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 07:54
Originally posted by Roj Roj wrote:

Anybody else think the Seahawks are getting back there at just the right time?  After a very patchy start they have really got it together and that defense is looking immense.  I'm thinking they will go all the way.  It looks like it will be between the Packers and the Seahawks in the NFC and although they might have to go to Lambeau in the playoffs and that won't be easy Seattle still look the team to beat to me.  That's from a Packers fan.

I am really, really hoping for a Packers-Seahawks NFC Champ at Lambeau.  Should be one for the ages.

Hopefully the winner meets the Pats in the SB.  LOL
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 08:15
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Originally posted by Roj Roj wrote:

I am really, really hoping for a Packers-Seahawks NFC Champ at Lambeau.  Should be one for the ages.

Hopefully the winner meets the Pats in the SB.  LOL
I am hoping that the Lions sneak in there.  All of the teams you mentioned have had plenty of trips to the promised land.  It may be another 50 years before the Lions have a team decent enough to smell the Roses. Smile
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 11:02
I wouldn't totally rule that out Scott. We have to go to Buffalo this week, just the sort of team that will cause the Packers trouble, very strong all round on defense. The Packers have been awesome at home but patchy on the road. Add to the fact the Bills are much improved this year and this is far from a certainty.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 23:02
I do think the Seattle is "getting hot at the right time" as they say, and I expect it'll be a Packer/Seahawk NFC game which would be epic!

Tonight's game was a battle of two defensive teams, lacking offense, so 12-6 via 6 field goals is pretty much what I expected LOL Ya know, Arizona has been impressive. Now on their 4th QB (and Stanton may be done for the year) and ya know, St Louis at home is not an easy win these days. 

Edited by JJLehto - December 11 2014 at 23:08
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2014 at 10:23
Should be a shoot out with Steelers vs Falcons, both defenses suck.  I am not sure if it is just our D is getting old or Dick LeBeau's scheme anymore (I know he is old LOL).  We are always getting burned deep.

Really looking forward to the Hawks and 49er game.  Hopefully a 49er beat down!

Hope Johhny football gets pounded into sand today...
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2014 at 11:36
Go Hawks.......and Buffalo
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2014 at 13:08
OK, it's not even half time yet BUT I doubt anyone will mind!
Manziel is so far 2 of 5 for 1 yard and a pick,  and  2 rushes for -6 yards and Cincy leads 20-0
Brilliant startLOL

A bit of both I suppose, schemes are great but opposing teams will eventually counter, though as always gotta put it on the players since they are who produce. I'm shocked Ike Taylor, Polamalu and Kiesel are still there! Also seems like the defense is both getting older AND newer players just haven't really panned out. 
Buffalo though can play some defense, shame I can't get the game here, I wanna know what has gone down because Rodgers is currently 8/24 for 70 yardsShocked

Giants are in brilliant form, being slowly torn apart by both Colt McCoy and RGIII and offense has either moved at will or not at all, fairly typical! Honestly, this has been tight so far because Griffin still tends to scramble around back there cluelessly and get sacked, that ended 2 drives for WashingtonLOLDead
Edit: Ah yes, a 3rd down run with our fullback, behind the line that has gotten nearly no penetration this year, whadya know...it failedAngry

Edited by JJLehto - December 14 2014 at 14:04
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2014 at 13:45
I fully admit, I said: I'm sure he'll be a good player but was Odell Beckham really the best use of our 1st round pick?
I stand mightily corrected. 

12 catches - 143 yards and 3 TDs. 
He's done it all, big catches, small ones, wide open, tight coverage, make people miss. He had a 4th TD as well, a pretty superb one, that was negated by a holding penalty. 

Eli played pretty well to boot, moved around a lot, made some great throws, no stupid mistakes. 
Our defense sucked ass, and we really are VERY lucky....instead of being down 10 points the RGIII run was ruled a fumble just barely which turned the game. 
We can't seem to stop anyone and the O line can't run block to save their lives but hey, I'll take the W and pray that some of the progress we've seen carries into next year: Kennard, Hankins, Donnell and Beckham and our O line all did show potential. 22 sacks in three games, it's been against poor teams, but maybe they can work on it and carry into next year. 

Bills beat Packers! Rodgers 40% completion with 2 picks. 
Gotta love this game. 

Edited by JJLehto - December 14 2014 at 15:22
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 01:27
Will dallas be able to hold on against Indy next week?
Will Arizona be able to hold off Seattle with yet another QB?
Will detriot be able to win in Chicago?

Will New Orleans embarrasses themselves again on national TV?
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 37>