Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252253254255256 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 11:35
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Looking good, Josè! Keep spinning, brother.

That Saga’s Behavior album isn’t that bad. Best song on it is ‘Out of The Shadows.”
It is badass. :)

I've been a Saga fan since early 80's. I bought Behaviour on release in 1985 and to this day still enjoy that album, but never had the LP. This is a German pressing on Portrait as is Heads or Tails, saw that tour in like '83/84 don't remember.
I think Behaviour is some of their best musical writing, the production is really good too mastered at Sterling Sound, there is a lot of pop to the music but that has always been Saga.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 11:35
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Respect !

Back at ya!! Clap
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 13:40
Arrived in mailbox today....

Edited by Catcher10 - March 29 2022 at 13:43
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 19:32
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Looking good, Josè! Keep spinning, brother.

That Saga’s Behavior album isn’t that bad. Best song on it is ‘Out of The Shadows.”
It is badass. :)

I've been a Saga fan since early 80's. I bought Behaviour on release in 1985 and to this day still enjoy that album, but never had the LP. This is a German pressing on Portrait as is Heads or Tails, saw that tour in like '83/84 don't remember.
I think Behaviour is some of their best musical writing, the production is really good too mastered at Sterling Sound, there is a lot of pop to the music but that has always been Saga.

Well said. I’ve got 12 of their albums for good reason. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2022 at 16:16
Arrived today.......3-LP/2-CD set. As usual the packaging is excellent comes in a slipcase, lyric booklet. TFK always present very well.

Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2022 at 08:19
Jakszyk, Fripp and Collins: A Scarcity of Miracles (A King Crimson ProjeKct)
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2022 at 10:52
I've been a fan for a couple years now of Channel 33 RPM, I like Frank's content and channel. He does buy CDs so this was not out of the ordinary, I was thinking "man I'd like to buy some of his records!". The comment about calling his viewers "CD'ers" was like what!!??? Then boom....he got me good!! LOL Grant it I was watching at 6am...but still.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 13:22
I'm not gonna post all the stuff in the massive MP 40th Anniversary Box Set, but here are a couple. So glad I bought this, I kinda waffled back and forth about it originally. It is now sold out from Rush Backstage, maybe still available on Amazon or record stores but I've seen it on Discogs already for $400+ on secondary market.

The live material is excellent! Neil's kit is right up front in the mix and so is Alex's guitar, I always felt on Exit...Stage Left Alex was a bit lost in the mix, not here.
The hardback book is a massive treat, all those pics from 1981 MP Tour just bring back sooo many amazing memories of that tour. I was a 16-17yr old teen in total fascination of Rush at that time, saw that tour at the Forum in LA.

The studio album is the same remaster from 2015 done by Sean Magee at Abbey Road, which is excellent, but still not as powerful as my original 1981 cut by Bob Ludwig. The live albums are BRILLIANT and sound fantastic.
Very happy I pulled the trigger on this.......so many awesome memories of that time period.

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 21:09
Wow. That looks all kinds of awesome :o
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 21:20
Nice set !
Well done José.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2022 at 17:29
I don't buy from Vinyl Me, Please.......but this is cool news. Building a new vinyl pressing plant in Denver

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2022 at 08:06
Last week I traded these three in a straight trade...

For these three...

Then bought these three for $33 cash. (the KC was $20)

Edited by JD - May 03 2022 at 08:06
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2022 at 13:03

Last week I traded these three in a straight trade...

For these three...

Then bought these three for $33 cash. (the KC was $20)

JD, aka the bartering dude! LOL
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2022 at 13:36
Oh Yeah !
Right now I'm trying to run a deal for the KC Discipline LP to give me the trifecta.
Watch this space.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2022 at 15:58
Create meme &quot;Im watching you meme, im watching you meme, meme Im watching  you pictures&quot; - Pictures - Meme-arsenal.com
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2022 at 18:39
A 45 minute drive and $20 cash and I'll have my King Crimson loving hands all over that bad boy.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2022 at 09:10

A 45 minute drive and $20 cash and I'll have my King Crimson loving hands all over that bad boy.
I had that on cassette back in the day, about 15yrs ago purchased the LP for $3.99 at a record store....Inflation..
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2022 at 09:22
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I had that on cassette back in the day, about 15yrs ago purchased the LP for $3.99 at a record store....Inflation..

"Inflation"? I'd say that used vinyl prices have got entirely mad. Confused 

Edited by David_D - May 09 2022 at 09:22
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2022 at 10:44
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2022 at 11:23

Cover looks great......my version is cut by George Piros (@tGP in deadwax)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252253254255256 312>