Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 15:59
Originally posted by Davesax1965 Davesax1965 wrote:

255 pages to this thread. ;-) 

I think this was one of the first threads on PA, dating back to 2004.

I believe you are right, I vividly remember several threads on records and what prog records people have and just general vinyl threads before this one started on PA.
PA had many many many older members back in the day that were LP spinners, certainly more so than today's PA members, sadly most all of them have "retired" from posting here on PA...

Edited by Catcher10 - May 21 2022 at 15:59
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 16:24
^And so it falls to a younger generation of platters matter enthusiast to keep the dream alive.
Are you with me Robin?

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 17:08
Robin is a fan of cassettes and owns a Nakamichi Dragon.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - May 21 2022 at 17:08
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 21:35
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

^And so it falls to a younger generation of platters matter enthusiast to keep the dream alive.
Are you with me Robin?

It's not a dream, I'm living the reality of spinning records as my main daily jam! Clap LOL Plus, I prefer to join Wonder Woman.........Heart

Wonder Woman 2 : comment voir le film malgré sa sortie annulée au cinéma ?  - Purebreak
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2022 at 21:40
Just finishing spinning this amazing record, from the Acoustic Sounds Series, this pressing (I'm not kidding!!) puts you in the studio with Coltrane Quartet as Rudy Van Gelder is recording it in 1961-62.
Cut by Ryan K Smith @ Sterling Sound.

10/10

David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2022 at 06:43
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Robin is a fan of cassettes and owns a Nakamichi Dragon.

LOL  quite funny, and as analog medium, I might prefer it above CD, but the sound quality of cassettes have been very diverse. Plus, I'm fond of my programmable CD-player when I surely prefer listen to my own versions of albums. - But I remember this cassette deck, a wonderfull beast. Thumbs Up

Edited by David_D - May 22 2022 at 07:15
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2022 at 07:10
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Just finishing spinning this amazing record, from the Acoustic Sounds Series, this pressing (I'm not kidding!!) puts you in the studio with Coltrane Quartet as Rudy Van Gelder is recording it in 1961-62.
Cut by Ryan K Smith @ Sterling Sound.

I surely believe that with High-End gear.

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2022 at 07:15
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Are you with me Robin?

It's not a dream, I'm living the reality of spinning records as my main daily jam! Clap LOL Plus, I prefer to join Wonder Woman.........Heart

Wonder Woman 2 : comment voir le film malgré sa sortie annulée au cinéma ?  - Purebreak
Hard to argue with that !
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2022 at 05:56

Which releases are you most fond of, JD, original, particular reissues (decades, countries)?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2022 at 16:58
Saw The Pineapple Thief last night in Seattle, last US stop of their tour.........Totally destroyed it last night!! What an amazing show, even my wife said that was the best show we have seen from them.

Best part is at the merch table they were selling some LPs, I bought the signed copy of Nothing But the Truth, and received Little Man for 50% off, I'm still missing a couple early albums. 

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2022 at 09:12
More reissues coming from the boyz.....Roine mentions Stardust We Are and that has already come out as a 3-LP set.....Even though CDs sux LOL, I'm glad he includes them as I can use them to add to my portable players. 

LPs rule with biga$$ gatefolds and pictures!!!! Clap

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2022 at 11:00
Buys from the past week.......

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2022 at 11:55
Nice !  Thumbs Up
I really should pull out my Donald Fagen for a listen, it's been forever.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2022 at 15:19

Nice !  Thumbs Up
I really should pull out my Donald Fagen for a listen, it's been forever.

Similar to Aja, as you know, one of the better recorded and mastered albums from the early 80's. Sounds spectacular...
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2022 at 19:13
YES !
Fagen followed by SD. An excellent 2-fer. Good call. Clap
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2022 at 10:33
I can't say enough about the BlueNote Classic series of the past couple years. These are easily the best value in LPs for amazing sound quality, all the mastering and cutting done by Kevin Gray from original tapes. These records are all analog, AAA. That SoulStation by Hank Mobley above is simply brilliant! Soon as the diamond hit the record his playing is in the room, its cra-cra how good it is.

Really speaks to how great a recording engineer Rudy Van Gelder was, all of these records by BlueNote sound like they were recorded yesterday. I'm strictly a hard-bop jazz listener from that 1955-1965'ish era.....
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2022 at 13:25
My only BlueNote release...a reissue.

1976 Elvin Jones - The Prime Element (BN-LA506-H2)
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2022 at 15:05

My only BlueNote release...a reissue.

1976 Elvin Jones - The Prime Element (BN-LA506-H2)

Buy one of the recent reissues, pick one any one they are all amazing!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2022 at 08:20
Classic Soft Jazz, a very nice pairing.

David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2022 at 06:19

Catcher, I have some 1997 Blue Note reissues. Can you maybe tell if they're all analog? They surely sound so,
and the stickers on them say, they are mastered from original analog tapes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 312>