Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2022 at 07:47
Post the catalog numbers (from the spine).
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2022 at 10:55
Originally posted by David_D David_D wrote:

Catcher, I have some 1997 Blue Note reissues. Can you maybe tell if they're all analog? They surely sound so,
and the stickers on them say, they are mastered from original analog tapes.

That's probably what they called the "Top Ten Series" issued in 1997, 10 titles I know included BlueTrain, Something Else and Moanin', can't remember the others.....I believe they were from analog source, so it could be a tape copy of a digital source, some of these are just a play on words since most people want 100% analog. The current reissues that Kevin Gray is doing are from the original analog tapes recorded by Rudy Van Gelder. 
There is a BlueNote guide somewhere saved in my Favs, I'll look for it and post the link as it gives all the label info and series numbers to know what is what.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2022 at 11:08
Here is the Discogs page on the Blue Note Top Ten Series with some info

And here is the link I mentioned that gives label info on all Blue Note versions.

I do believe the 1997 series was from the original analog tapes, the difference is these were mastered by Capitol versus a genius like Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio. The 1997 series was pressed at the old RTI which is good, I suspect they sound pretty good!

Edited by Catcher10 - June 10 2022 at 11:13
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2022 at 13:29

thanks, Catcher, and JD
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2022 at 15:47
This is a great video of Don Was and Joe Harley.....Explain the process of the new issues.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2022 at 19:20
More of The Pineapple Thief albums have arrived at the house....Clap 

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2022 at 09:18
Arrived yesterday from Laser's Edge. Great packaging as normal with these reissued TFK record albums, both never have been released on LP till now. I only spun side 1 of Back In the World Of Adventure and the mastering is very good to excellent. There are a couple remixed songs on each album that Roine redid at 24bit/96khz, really good! These are cut and pressed at Optimal, exceptional quality and dead quiet surface..

Roine states in his notes that he recorded his solo record The Flower King on a 16-track reel to reel, but only ever released on CD. Man would love for him to turn over those tapes to someone like Steven Wilson to master for vinyl, I bet that would sound awesome!
The added 2022 notes by Roine are a great read.......Hoping more of these come out soon!

This yellow variant is limited to only 500 pressings.

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2022 at 09:43
Man...you are on a roll brother! Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2022 at 10:22
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Man...you are on a roll brother! Thumbs Up

Yea I think that'll be it for awhile......now just sit back and spin 'em!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2022 at 12:51
New pressing plant on the horizon by MoFi and Music Direct.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 10:39
I'll wait for some reviews on this one before buying, although a good deal at only $25 on preorder from Rhino Records. I have the Steven Wilson 2012 remix that was issued on LP in 2015.......This half speed is using the same masters Steven created.

Edited by Catcher10 - June 24 2022 at 10:39
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 11:29
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 12:13
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2022 at 14:12
More vinyl please....
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2022 at 09:30
Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation. Deluxe Edition 3LP Clear Vinyl 45rpm   Only 2 of the 3 bonus tracks on this version, which is odd.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2022 at 11:53
The Tangent - Auto Reconnaissance  orange vinyl
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2022 at 07:59
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation. Deluxe Edition 3LP Clear Vinyl 45rpm   Only 2 of the 3 bonus tracks on this version, which is odd.
I ordered the same version and has arrived but I won't be able to spin it till this weekend, out of town. I also ordered the regular black variant with CD from Burning Shed but those take couple weeks to arrive from across the pond.

Long thread over at SHF on the release, and yea especially the omission of the 3rd bonus track. I believe it has to do with that the mastering and plating had already been done before PT completed the 3rd bonus track. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2022 at 14:37
The Tangent - A Spark In The Aether - The Music That Died Alone, Volume Two
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2022 at 15:57
Listening to the CD right now as I need to clean the LPs first. So far it's a fine album, the CD only has the 7 songs none of the bonus material.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2022 at 16:14

I'm really enjoying this album, 4/5 for me, I'm 3-4 listens in now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 312>