Topic ClosedPolitical discussion thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 303>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 23:29
Oh I am so happy he said this

"Last night was a victory for pot, for gay marriage and for math," the "Real Time" host added.

Math rock does deserve some credit as being part and parcel of the victory last night. i wonder if it was Perhaps that did it,,,LOL
thellama73 View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 23:41
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

Math rock does deserve some credit as being part and parcel of the victory last night. i wonder if it was Perhaps that did it,,,LOL

Why don't politicians ever have good taste in music, is the question I want answered.
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 23:54
Originally posted by thellama73 thellama73 wrote:

Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Oh anyway how funny is to see master pollster Dick Morris trying to justify his "Romney landslide" prediction . Even in my most optimistic moments I never though Obama would lose, far less in a LANDSLIDE

I've never seen a pundit as consistently wrong about everything as Dick Morris. How he continue to get paid is a mystery.

He became an angry republican after being fired by the democrats which is the type of thing that gives Roger Ailes a raging... (not sure what word would get past the ProgArchive censors LOL).  Ailes lets him have O'Reilly unfinished lunches and sleep under Hannity's desk.

Edited by manofmystery - November 07 2012 at 23:59

Time always wins.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 03:06
Hannitized for your deception.

By the way, last call before Obama socializes medicine and takes away all your guns. Please report to the death panels now.

Edited by Slartibartfast - November 08 2012 at 03:25
HarbouringTheSoul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 04:17
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

"Fascism is the system of government that cartelizes the private sector, centrally plans the economy to subsidize producers, exalts the police state as the source of order, denies fundamental rights and liberties to individuals, and makes the executive state the unlimited master of society."

The government doesn't cartelize the private sector, it doesn't centrally plan the economy, it doesn't exalt the police state, it doesn't deny fundamental rights and liberties to individuals (the definition of "fundamental" in this context is up to debate) and it doesn't make the executive state the unlimited master of society.

Some of the things the government does are adjacent to some of the things in this list, but that doesn't make it fascist even in the slightest. Maybe you think that Obama is "secretly planning" a fascist state and is trying to deceive us into not noticing, but I find that claim to be far-fetched at best and completely nuts at worst.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 04:32
Originally posted by HarbouringTheSoul HarbouringTheSoul wrote:

"Fascism is the system of government that cartelizes the private sector, centrally plans the economy to subsidize producers, exalts the police state as the source of order, denies fundamental rights and liberties to individuals, and makes the executive state the unlimited master of society."
The government doesn't cartelize the private sector, it doesn't centrally plan the economy, it doesn't exalt the police state, it doesn't deny fundamental rights and liberties to individuals (the definition of "fundamental" in this context is up to debate) and it doesn't make the executive state the unlimited master of society.Some of the things the government does are adjacent to some of the things in this list, but that doesn't make it fascist even in the slightest. Maybe you think that Obama is "secretly planning" a fascist state and is trying to deceive us into not noticing, but I find that claim to be far-fetched at best and completely nuts at worst.

What would be the most effective way to roll out fascism without the people noticing, in this day and age? Very slowly, and under liberal left cover?

It's just a thought. I actually don't think Obama is trying to do anything overtly sinister. The puppet masters on the other hand may have bigger plans.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Alitare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 06:24

Why don't politicians ever have good taste in music, is the question I want answered.

Last I heard Obama really liked Stevie Wonder's 1970's output, but I suppose he has to. 
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 06:37
^ because he is deaf?
What?
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 07:03

Free prog for everyone.  Tongue
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 07:33
Originally posted by Alitare Alitare wrote:

Last I heard Obama really liked Stevie Wonder's 1970's output, but I suppose he has to. 

Can you imagine if they asked Obama what his favorite band was and he answered something like "Cannibal Corpse and Napalm Death"? I would love to see that.
Alitare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 07:57
Here's a quote I found that leads one to believe Obama jammed to early Metallica in his halcyon days:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/04/04/president-barack-obama-i-know-dave-mustaine-didnt-write-any-of-those-metallica-riffs/

I bet Romney secretly listens to Finnish anti-christian blackened death metal. 
HarbouringTheSoul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 08:17
Nothing can beat the sheer absurdity of Paul Ryan listening to Rage Against the Machine.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 08:53
^I know.  I'd expect him to be more into Stevie Wonder's 80's output.  I can almost see him singing along to "I just called to say I love you".  Dead

I think some people are good at hearing only what they want to hear and interpret the lyrics to fit their own world view.  That's the only explanation for him liking RATM.  I just can't figure out otherwise how he could like a band with such a leftist attitude so much. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 08:55

Can you imagine if they asked Obama what his favorite band was and he answered something like "Cannibal Corpse and Napalm Death"? I would love to see that.

It'd be cool if he came out strongly in favor of Canterbury and Zeuhl. 
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 09:00
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

He's not the only one.

Oh he's just "too happy and made an oopsie" liberals will say.

I am not very familiar with his work - but at least he apologized, right? That's more than can be said about Limbaugh, Coulter, Hannity...shall I go on?
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 09:15
Originally posted by HarbouringTheSoul HarbouringTheSoul wrote:

The government doesn't cartelize the private sector, it doesn't centrally plan the economy, it doesn't exalt the police state, it doesn't deny fundamental rights and liberties to individuals (the definition of "fundamental" in this context is up to debate) and it doesn't make the executive state the unlimited master of society.

Some of the things the government does are adjacent to some of the things in this list, but that doesn't make it fascist even in the slightest. Maybe you think that Obama is "secretly planning" a fascist state and is trying to deceive us into not noticing, but I find that claim to be far-fetched at best and completely nuts at worst.

Obama's rapidly continuing the work toward a fascist state.  One that is largely already in place.  Here's the entire article, from which I quoted, which lays out the case that most modern politicians are fascists:
And this was written before NDAA, the National Defense Resources Preparedness executive order, and the kill list became public which all further exalt the police state, deny fundamental rights and liberties, and are major steps toward making the executive an unlimited master of society.

You've got it all wrong: Obama said he loves "drone death".

Time always wins.
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 09:17
^witty, and satirical.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 09:21
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

^I know.  I'd expect him to be more into Stevie Wonder's 80's output.  I can almost see him singing along to "I just called to say I love you".  Dead

I think some people are good at hearing only what they want to hear and interpret the lyrics to fit their own world view.  That's the only explanation for him liking RATM.  I just can't figure out otherwise how he could like a band with such a leftist attitude so much. 

Maybe he doesn't care and just likes the music?  Why do you necessarily have to agree with a band politically?

I'm one of the biggest Henry Cow fans around, but I'm not a Communist.  Tongue
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 09:26
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

Maybe he doesn't care and just likes the music?  Why do you necessarily have to agree with a band politically?

I'm one of the biggest Henry Cow fans around, but I'm not a Communist.  Tongue

That's true. If you only listen to music you agree with politically, us poor conservatives would starve on a diet of Country-Rock and little else.

Edited by thellama73 - November 08 2012 at 09:26
smartpatrol View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 09:31
George W Bush accidentally voted for Obama! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 303>