Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 08:03
OK, a few things things to reply - I'm sure I was barely gone half a day!

Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Maybe with this one, Mike :

Absolutely divine, Pierre! More details! I'm assuming only an LP at this stage?

Kati! Good to see you around! Your track was very nice! Also, like you and Jim/AEP, I have also dug out the `Il Rovescio Della Medaglia -Contaminazione' album and made a copy for the car, so I've been giving it plenty of listens in and out of work the last few days. It's been too long, I haven't played it in years, so I'm discovering it all over again! Beautiful mix of prog, classical, fragile beauty, sublime harmonies and wilder outbursts! A perfect example of how exciting Italian prog can be!

PS - Jim/AEP, terrific review of it as well!

Jim, wow, I used to listen to the Punpkins! I remember the first LP was really very psychy! I've still got all their albums, and although I don't listen to them much anymore, I would never dream of getting rid of them!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 08:26
Forgot to mention, team!

For a few dollars, I picked up a CD of the following two Osanna albums on one disc:

Opinions if you've heard them?
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 11:48
Mike, A Cd exist very cheap.It's not the version of youtube, but the original one from 1967 by the same Los Frontizeros .Much better and moving in my opinion.

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 23:11

This is so good, common, admit it!!! Approve Even the start which is slower (It tickles your ears if you are on headphones)  and as usual in terms of prog keeps building up, many layers, fab and I love everyone when listening to this, the whole world !!! Hughttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT4hIypUr0E BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 23:30
Isn't it true that piano somehow always makes things so much better Winkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RR_iRdCtuk
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 23:35
Awwww CryHughttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lz-Hp4Jb_U PFM - Impressioni Di Settembre. Teatro 10, RAI 1972
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 00:26
Cooee!!! Does my taste in moozik suck really that bad or no one's pulse is beating here? Ermm this music I posted is just too good not to share really, couldn't help myself, the thrill, my love was overflowing Big smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 00:27
Oh, no doubt your taste is supreme, Sonia, I'm just at work right now!
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 00:32
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Oh, no doubt your taste is supreme, Sonia, I'm just at work right now!
Yay, hello you little firecracker !!!! HugLOL and more Hug
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 00:48
Wish I had time to be that firecracker, work is flat out! At least I get to listen to my Ipod all shift, I have Osanna's `Il Castello Dell'es' playing right now! Maybe give this a play, Sonia, listen to how noisy, dirty and groovy the middle of it gets! It's the first track on this clip.

Just play the first few minutes, you'll know what I mean!   
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 04:45
Osanna has never been one of me favorite bands. But i have to admit that their music aged well. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 04:53
I'm still undecided about them, Pierre! Partly why I thought I'd take a chance on that double album CD I mentioned the other day. It was about $5, so I thought I'd take a chance and see how I go.

At least with that `Landscape of Life' album, the one of theirs I've owned for a while, they incorporate a lot of Americian influences that make them not quite as identifiable to proper Italian RPI in the way a lot of other bands do to me.

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - November 14 2013 at 04:53
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 04:59
I feel the same about "Landscape" but the L'Uomo and the Soundtrack album are very good psyche prog. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 05:07
I played just a little bit of the L'Uomo on Youtube (didn't want to spoil the real thing for when the CD shows up in my mail!), Pierre, and I definitely thought there was a strong psych sound to parts of it as well! Noisy too?!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 05:23
Maybe I was wrong, Pierre! OK, I cheated and played the first track of the soundtrack album - AMAZING!!

Terrific bass and flute!!

Now I SWEAR I won't play any more before the CD shows up!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 09:39
Yep. I like that tune too. 
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 21:39
Thank you Kati and Pierre for those tracks you posted for meSmile

I enjoyed both of them.....finally!   Sorry I had to quit Kati but I just had more than I could handle with real life.  But its OK, the music goes on in here always!

Heart

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 21:42

I played just a little bit of the L'Uomo on Youtube (didn't want to spoil the real thing for when the CD shows up in my mail!), Pierre, and I definitely thought there was a strong psych sound to parts of it as well! Noisy too?!
'Palepoli' is the pick of the bunch for me
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 21:46
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Cooee!!! Does my taste in moozik suck really that bad or no one's pulse is beating here? Ermm

Escucha!

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2013 at 02:35

Forgot to mention, team!

For a few dollars, I picked up a CD of the following two Osanna albums on one disc:
Opinions if you've heard them?

Landscape Of Life is good and contains a few very good moments but the english destroys the whole thing, plus there's also some mediocare uninspired moments, but ok overall.
Milano Calibro is much better IMO and closer to RPI than Landscape.
I'm not familiar with L'uomo so let me know how it works for you...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 358>