FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBaseball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 57>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 00:35
Well, the Tigers managed to grab defeat from the jaws of victory again.  They jumped out to a quick 3-0 lead, with a 2-run home run from Miguel Cabrera.  Their first home run in 11 games from a guy not named Matt Joyce.  They have now lost 11 of their last 13 games.  The Tigers committed 2 errors in the 7th inning and went from a 3-1 lead to a 4-3 loss.  They proceeded to go out 1-2-3-4-5-6 in the 8th and 9th innings and I think they just may have been eliminated from Wild Card contention today.  Man this team that was supposed to be so good really sucks donkey balls.
Relayer09 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 09:44
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Well, the Tigers managed to grab defeat from the jaws of victory again.  They jumped out to a quick 3-0 lead, with a 2-run home run from Miguel Cabrera.  Their first home run in 11 games from a guy not named Matt Joyce.  They have now lost 11 of their last 13 games.  The Tigers committed 2 errors in the 7th inning and went from a 3-1 lead to a 4-3 loss.  They proceeded to go out 1-2-3-4-5-6 in the 8th and 9th innings and I think they just may have been eliminated from Wild Card contention today.  Man this team that was supposed to be so good really sucks donkey balls.

The Tigers are just killing my fantasy team this year. I picked up Guillen, Renterea, Ordonez and Cabrera thinking the Tigers would be monsterous. Oh the horror! Ouch
If you lose your temper, you've lost the arguement. -Proverb
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 11:38
Originally posted by Relayer09 Relayer09 wrote:

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

The Tigers are just killing my fantasy team this year. I picked up Guillen, Renterea, Ordonez and Cabrera thinking the Tigers would be monsterous. Oh the horror! Ouch

Don't write it off yet. It's not even June yet and the AL Central is much like the NL Central, up for grabs.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 17:25
Nate Robertson is (scratch  that was) matching Randy Johnson out for out in the Tigers game against Arizona.  The score is 0-0 in the bottom of the 5th inning.  Unfortunately, Arizona now has the bases loaded and nobody out with Randy Johnson at the plate.  Here's hoping for a triple play.
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 18:10
Royals actually scored more than 3 runs today. Took two out of three from the Fish. Not too shabby. And José Guillen is on an absolute tear lately.

Diggin' what I'm seeing.

E
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 18:15
Never have liked sports. I'm more of a music fan than anything provincial such as glorified backyard games.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 18:40

The most fierce offense in baseball has just been shut out once again. Arizona 4 Detroit 0.  I think this is already the 7th time this season that they have been shut out.  Last year they were shut out 4 times the entire season.  Pretty hilarious given coming in to the season there was talk of the Tigers shattering all Major League scoring records this year.  They went 1 and 5 on this road trip.  It is definitely a good thing that no other team in the AL Central is all that interested in running away with it this year.

rileydog22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 18:49
Originally posted by p0mt3 p0mt3 wrote:

Never have liked sports. I'm more of a music fan than anything provincial such as glorified backyard games.

Then you should be able to find hundreds of threads more interesting to you than one entitled "Baseball." 

JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 18:51
Originally posted by rileydog22 rileydog22 wrote:

Originally posted by p0mt3 p0mt3 wrote:

Then you should be able to find hundreds of threads more interesting to you than one entitled "Baseball." 

Actually I was more or less curious as to how many people here actually like it. More than I expected, actually. Not a bad thing, you understand, but still . . . unexpected for me.
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 12:17
Originally posted by E-Dub E-Dub wrote:

Royals actually scored more than 3 runs today. Took two out of three from the Fish. Not too shabby. And José Guillen is on an absolute tear lately.

Diggin' what I'm seeing.

E

I wish Jose would have gotten his head together. There was a time that he was slated for greatness and he allowed his ego to get in the way. What stop is it for him with the Royals? 9th! Nine teams since '97.

E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 12:26
^^Something like that.

E
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 08:54
Bo Sox's Jon Legend throws a no-hitter against the Royals. Too bad it came against my team, but you have to feel good for the guy.

E
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 17:27
Jon Lester, dude. 

And yeah, he pulled through big-time.  Probably has something to do with him being added to my fantasy team a week ago Big%20smile

E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 18:54
Originally posted by rileydog22 rileydog22 wrote:

Jon Lester, dude. 

And yeah, he pulled through big-time.  Probably has something to do with him being added to my fantasy team a week ago Big%20smile

I know, Dude, but they're calling him Jon Legend.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 19:26
It's just a tad bit early for him to be a legend; he's got 13 career wins.  

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 22:59
I was at the Tiger's game tonight.  It was really nice to see the bats wake up.   They jumped out to an 11-1 lead and held on to win 12-8.  Seattle had 2 guys on and 1 out in the 9th inning, and Todd Jones had to induce a double play for the Tigers to pull it out.
Fairly quick game.  I am home in time to catch the end of the Celtics/Pistons game.  Unfortunately, that does not appear to be heading towards a happy ending.
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 02:28
Originally posted by E-Dub E-Dub wrote:

Bo Sox's Jon Legend throws a no-hitter against the Royals. Too bad it came against my team, but you have to feel good for the guy.

E

See baseball footnote about ex-Giant Dave Dravecky and his cancer. What a way to end a career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Dravecky
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 14:40
Man, I remember when he came back and the sick feeling I got as he collapsed off of the mound. One of the worst baseball injuries I've ever seen.

E
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 21:39
DEAR GOD!
The Yanks are actually playing well!

Winning 8-0 right in the 7th..
The pitching was actually good for once, and the offense was on fire like it should be.

I know A-rod takes a lot of heat, but the guy is a pure slugger. Missed 17 (?) games due to injury and first 2 games back he hits 3 HR's (although one was counted as a double)

Go Yankees!
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 11:32
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

DEAR GOD!
The Yanks are actually playing well!

Winning 8-0 right in the 7th..
The pitching was actually good for once, and the offense was on fire like it should be.

I know A-rod takes a lot of heat, but the guy is a pure slugger. Missed 17 (?) games due to injury and first 2 games back he hits 3 HR's (although one was counted as a double)

Go Yankees!

I hope A-Rod stays healthy and makes a run at the HR record. I can't stand seeing Barry with it and everyone thought that at one time Griffey Jr. had a shot at it till he started getting hurt every year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 57>