Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2023 at 15:47
And this batch just in from an out of town order I made last week that my son brought home today.
Average price $7

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2023 at 18:07
Beauty….!!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2023 at 17:14
I just realized the Queen Night at the Opera I just bought is the 2015 release not a 2011 as I had thought. I know there are lots of concerns with crappy digital files being used for some of these types of releases.
My feeble searches haven't shown up much.
Does anyone know of any sites that have reviews of the mastering/sound quality for stuff like this? Most reviews I can find review the album not the release.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2023 at 06:39
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

I just realized the Queen Night at the Opera I just bought is the 2015 release not a 2011 as I had thought. I know there are lots of concerns with crappy digital files being used for some of these types of releases.
My feeble searches haven't shown up much.
Does anyone know of any sites that have reviews of the mastering/sound quality for stuff like this? Most reviews I can find review the album not the release.

Discogs will usually discuss the release on that page. You can also do a search on Hoffman Forums.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2023 at 10:41
^I've seen the 'reviews' at the bottom of the pages, but they are hardly 'pro' or really 'informed' reviews from what I have seen. I'll have to check out Hoffman's site I guess.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2023 at 17:52
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

^I've seen the 'reviews' at the bottom of the pages, but they are hardly 'pro' or really 'informed' reviews from what I have seen. I'll have to check out Hoffman's site I guess.
Pro reviews will rarely reveal their true feelings on a product, to help protect their sources of review material either records, CDs or audio gear. I tend to prefer reviews by non pros or regular folk who are using gear or buying records and give a more down to earth review.....hence a more honest review.
In general if the reissue is done from the original master tapes it is advertised as such, some digital mastering may still be a part of it, but I am more interested in the overall sound f the record....which you should get a good idea from Hoffman threads.
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2023 at 13:51

Big news! David has made a new vinyl purchase and it's on the way.  Tongue
        Universal Totem Orchestra (I) - Mathematical Mother (2016)

quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2023 at 07:12
Originally posted by David_D David_D wrote:

<span style="white-space:pre">          </span>Big news! David has made a new vinyl purchase and it's on the way.  Tongue
<span style="white-space:pre">                    </span>
<span style="white-space:pre">          </span>        Universal Totem Orchestra (I) - Mathematical Mother (2016)

<span style="white-space:pre">               </span>
<span style="white-space:pre">
</span>

Never heard of them….
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2023 at 07:38
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Never heard of them….

Not so well-known Italian band, while this album on borderline of Zeuhl and Symphonic, and very high-rated on PA.
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2023 at 08:52
I should check them out. I do like Italian prog, Zeuhl and Symphonic!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2023 at 12:29
Today's treasures. Not graded yet, but visually NM. $10 cash per LP (all in).

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2023 at 14:24
^ A lot of good ones there JD......Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2023 at 15:03
Anyone doing RSD??
Error Code 864G View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Error Code 864G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2023 at 15:52
I ordered a vinyl with some money I was given off of amazon (before I knew about discogs) and I just got it and it is skipping a lot. Entire verses cut off, many 10 second repeats, but it doesn't actually move the hand thing. It's like the vinyl was originally made with this skips by accident. Should I return it and order one off of discogs? Or is there some way to fix it?
A Human Being, Existing.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2023 at 16:43
Originally posted by Error Code 864G Error Code 864G wrote:

I ordered a vinyl with some money I was given off of amazon (before I knew about discogs) and I just got it and it is skipping a lot. Entire verses cut off, many 10 second repeats, but it doesn't actually move the hand thing. It's like the vinyl was originally made with this skips by accident. Should I return it and order one off of discogs? Or is there some way to fix it?
Where u ordered does not matter since it was a new record. What do you mean by hand thing?? What record is it, you can check Discogs for your release and see if other people report the same problem...
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2023 at 19:26
Today's treasures. I traded in 6 used VG+ to NM LP's plus $40 for these.
The Alice Cooper the 2020 180g Reissue, cut from original analog master tapes and the Peter Gabriel is the 2015 2 LP 180g 45rpm Half Speed Master Numbered (000568) release, which I'll leave sealed for now since I have two version of this one already.

Edited by JD - April 22 2023 at 19:28
Error Code 864G View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Error Code 864G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2023 at 08:55
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by Error Code 864G Error Code 864G wrote:

Where u ordered does not matter since it was a new record. What do you mean by hand thing?? What record is it, you can check Discogs for your release and see if other people report the same problem...

I am just going to return it and buy it for cheaper off discogs. By hand thing I meant the thing you put on the record that actually plays it. I don't know what it is called. I didn't see anyone else on discogs with the same problem
A Human Being, Existing.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2023 at 09:16
^I'm no turntable expert but the "hand thing" is called a tone arm? It could be you need to adjust it so it doesn't skip.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2023 at 10:04
Also referred to as 'Anti-skate' BTW. Read your TT manual.

Edited by JD - April 23 2023 at 10:04
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2023 at 10:06
Good idea...or GREAT idea ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 312>