Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

t

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 19:33
Indoor cats are miserable. Keeping them inside is like locking them behind bars.
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 23:54
Yeah, I thought it might be cultural differences but cats that roam in your neighborhood are not stray cats and won't become stray cats unless they're already mentally ill or abused. Having had two cats that walk around freely in different neighborhoods for about 10 years each tells me that they don't get diseases from just being outside, at its worst they can get a tick. And they definitely don't like being locked inside, not even the neutered ones.
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 02:06
Indoor cats are not necessarily miserable. Cats trade territory for security. Ours won't go out as they are timid rescue cats, we have a field full of badgers and foxes behind us and the neighbourhood is simply crawling with cats. 

Perhaps Dr Wu should avail himself of a water pistol. Cats hate being wet, one or two squirts, that'll dissuade his garden visitors. I'm still astonished that someone could come on a public forum *and ask for advice about animal cruelty* having failed to google "cat repellent". 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 02:08
As for the "some people must love cats or live at home with their mommy" quote, I really bit my tongue before saying something very unpleasant. 

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 04:05
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I'm not into shooting cats but there should be something that acts as a cat repellent besides a dog.

Me neither Steve...just anger rearing it's ugly head ,but I have tried multiple things and just came home and more cat sht in the same area where I placed cat repellent....several times...so the usual things simply don't work .
The dog idea or the other  remark of moving is well simply stupid...but then anymore I expect that from most people.

I can definitely understand your frustration Doc as it must feel like some kind of home invasion by a group of pack animals. I'm sure that you can fix this problem without taking drastic measures but it will probably be a full time job and who has time for that?

Edited by SteveG - June 12 2018 at 04:05
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 08:28
t

Edited by dr wu23 - June 13 2018 at 07:51
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 08:39
[

Edited by dr wu23 - June 13 2018 at 07:52
Haquin
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 09:19
Wow, so if you buy a house with a garden with actual nearby neighbors you don't expect cats to come into your garden at any point? It seems quite inevitable...
You may call others sensitive but you're the one who is quite sensitive of the presence of cats apparently.
Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 09:36
Squirrels and birds are invading your property. Shoot 'em all up!!!
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 09:41
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Never intended to take any 'drastic measures'....but apparently some who have their heads up their asses are overly sensitive.

You talk about killing cats and you didn't expect some people to get upset about that? Really? Maybe instead of lashing out at people, you should try to understand where they are coming from.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 10:00
"Never intended to take any 'drastic measures'....but apparently some who have their heads up their asses are overly sensitive."

Ohhh yes he did. Have a look at page 1 of the thread. 

Overly sensitive MY ass, actually. 

Anyone tries to poison or shoot my cats, I contact the Humane Society, the local police and get them prosecuted and fined to the full extent of the law. They get the full vet bill as well. And probably a spot in the local paper. 

I convinced a friend of mine not to shoot a drone which was hovering above his garden as it classes as "criminal damage" and an actual firearms offence here in the UK. That's just someone elses' property and not a living being which belongs to someone else. 

Coming on a public forum and mentioning that you are (see page 1) considering poisoning or shooting cats invites you to rightful criticism from any right thinking and decent person. 

So have some. 

Then attacking anyone who gives you that criticism is just digging the hole a bit deeper. 

Then denying you ever intended to take drastic action.......... ha, there's MY ass again. 

If I were you, and thank God I'm not, I'd buy a water pistol and delete this thread. Not necessarily in that order. 

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 11:07
t

Edited by dr wu23 - June 13 2018 at 07:52
Haquin
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 11:15
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 11:16
Have you told your grandkids that their grandfather was a potential cat murderer?
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 11:19
^^^Doesn't really matter if it's a garden or a frontyard, or if the signs say that dogs should be on their leashes, they should normally be allowed to walk in other people's gardens. It's a whole nother story if they're sh*tting there of course like I already said, that's the responsibility of the owner to prevent, if he doesn't have an owner you should take him to a shelter (even if they'll have him euthanized there, in which case it's undeniable anyways that there's too many cats and drastic measures might be necessary...).

Edited by twseel - June 12 2018 at 11:20
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 11:37
t

Edited by dr wu23 - June 13 2018 at 07:53
Haquin
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 11:47
x

Edited by dr wu23 - June 13 2018 at 07:55
Haquin
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 11:47
Engage internet protocol ://<cute kitty photo thread hijack>

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 11:50
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 11:50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>