Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 21:20
All dealt or dealing with... Tongue
Guigo

~~~~~~
kazansky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 00:21
Originally posted by kazansky kazansky wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=123175

the usual review before release...

and here's another one...
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=123323

i think they'll keep coming...get busy guys !
The devil we blame our atrocities on is really just each one of us.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 08:44
Originally posted by Cheesecakemouse Cheesecakemouse wrote:

did you guys remove my Selling England by the Pound review. Fair enough if you did I forgot to add the words "no need to get into detail about the music since many reviews before me had"  oh well.Embarrassed

Yup, you should have an e-mail explaining CKM.

The point is, there is a need to review the album, otherwise it's just a rating without review, and the text is superfluous. Saying "me to" to other people's reviews is a tad lazy perhaps?Wink

No big deal though, your reviews are normally good.Clap
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 09:54
RAGNAROK (NZ) — Ragnarok
Review by onzmusic (Andre Jayet)

Info for those fans wishing to obtain an 'officail' Live Ragnarok CD. Simply called 'Ragnarok Live', this album covers 1976 to 1978 / unfortunately without Lee Maalfrid. This is not the 'bootleg' CD available on the 'net' but a digitally rematered version taken from a 4- track 'reel to reel' deck (remember those). Songs include: Five New Years, Have A Cigar/Wish You Were Here, Butterfly Sky, Thank You, Waterfall, Raga, Do You Feel Like I Do, Nooks and Kashmir. The release for this CD will be at 'Al's Bar' in Christchurch, NZ on Fri 13 July and Sat 14 July 2007. This is part of a "Magic Bus' reunion (25 yrs), which Mark and myself (Andre), will be performing with the band as a double drum unit and will be also performing some of the songs Ragnarok played eg, Butterfly Sky, Have A Cigar/Wish You Were Here, Radar Love (Double Drum Solo), and some others yet to be determined at this date. It promises to be a good nite!

Contact e-mail [email protected]

CHEERS

Andre

uhh...let's move this here, in the forum. Wink
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 12:36

Not really a review... Confused

Guigo

~~~~~~
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 15:41

S.B.B. — Ze Słowem Biegnę Do Ciebie

Review by maciek

4%20stars Highly recommended album, everything you want from symphonic prog. Difficult to compare to other bands but at times there are hints of Yes and in the first track there are moments reminiscent of PFM,s first 2 albums. Great vocals and fluency and maintains direction, not an easy feat on side long tracks. Second track has a jazzier feel to it and contains some great keyboard work. Hard to get hold off, although I managed to obtain some material from the common file sharing programs.

Posted Friday, March 18, 2005, 02:40 EST | Permanent link

Ermm
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
madgo2 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madgo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 16:36
Can just a rating be left and no review?
He whom life can no longer surprise
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 17:08
Originally posted by madgo2 madgo2 wrote:

Can just a rating be left and no review?

Sometimes we do this... Smile
Guigo

~~~~~~
Cheesecakemouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheesecakemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 19:42
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

Originally posted by Cheesecakemouse Cheesecakemouse wrote:

did you guys remove my Selling England by the Pound review. Fair enough if you did I forgot to add the words "no need to get into detail about the music since many reviews before me had"  oh well.Embarrassed

Yup, you should have an e-mail explaining CKM.

The point is, there is a need to review the album, otherwise it's just a rating without review, and the text is superfluous. Saying "me to" to other people's reviews is a tad lazy perhaps?Wink

No big deal though, your reviews are normally good.Clap

Yeah I've feel like i've been a bit sloppy with my reviews lately, I need to do less and spend more time on them.Smile

Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 20:57

FOCUS — Hamburger Concerto

Review by The Phantom Stranger?

5%20stars Double Dutch  Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch. Double Dutch Double Dutch, Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch. Double Dutch!!

Posted Friday, July 15, 2005, 01:52 EST | Permanent link

I can't understand this one.Its all Double Dutch to me.Ermm

Edited by Snow Dog - May 26 2007 at 20:58
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 21:02
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

5%20stars Double Dutch  Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch. Double Dutch Double Dutch, Double Dutch Double Dutch Double Dutch. Double Dutch!!

Not the same I found, Ian. Check date, hour and review number. Shocked

Review by olimparadis

5%20stars Here a wonderful album from those swedish genious. Those who believe that Focus' career has been turning around the single ''Hocus Pocus'' should take a look at this masterpiece. On the first side you'll find four nice songs with interestings riffs that you'll keep in your heart for a while. The last track ''Humburger Concerto'' is a real wonder. All is evolving perfectly and all is brillant and deep. This song make the album a must. Discover it now!

Guigo

~~~~~~
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2007 at 10:04
Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Not the same I found, Ian. Check date, hour and review number. Shocked

Review by olimparadis

5%20stars Here a wonderful album from those swedish genious. Those who believe that Focus' career has been turning around the single ''Hocus Pocus'' should take a look at this masterpiece. On the first side you'll find four nice songs with interestings riffs that you'll keep in your heart for a while. The last track ''Humburger Concerto'' is a real wonder. All is evolving perfectly and all is brillant and deep. This song make the album a must. Discover it now!

Sorry Guigo. It was just a bad joke. A mere amusement of mine.ClownEmbarrassed
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2007 at 10:17
Ah... I thought you had found some bug. Wacko

Nevermind, 'twas a fine joke! Big%20smile
Guigo

~~~~~~
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 13:07

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER (ELP) — Brain Salad Surgery
Review by Ian_Griffith (Ian)

5%20stars ‘If your looking for safe, critic-approved, politically correct pop music enlightenment’ ….f**k off. Carl Palmer could not have but it better (expect for that last bit which I put in to make it sound better).

Before this Album the only ELP song I had heard was 'I believe in Father Christmas’. I just thought they were an ordinary pop band. But boy was I wrong. I can clearly remember hearing ‘Toccata’ for the first time and it still as sounds as fresh as it did the timing hearing it as does the rest of the Album. This album still sands shivers up my spine. Not else much to say other than jaw dropping, bombastic brilliance In my opinion along with KC ‘Red’ and Yes “Close to the edge” these are the defining albums of the genre.

ELP broke every rule with this album. In the end isn’t that what Prog rock is?

Had anything been said here? An Album that broke every rule, defining album of the genre. Everything else are personal impressions, plus an unnecessary f word.

Not a review really.

darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 14:19
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 17:13
Anyway it disappeared... Wacko
Guigo

~~~~~~
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 17:53

And my post  too  Confused

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 17:54
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

And my post  too  Confused

Moved... Wink
Guigo

~~~~~~
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 09:39
darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 12:46
Review by slaver (dave)
Posted 11:48:24 AM EST, 5/31/2007

1%20stars So to my review of an album most seem to regard as a classic.

On first listen I hated it in that I found no melody whatsoever, just a lot of anger that sounded like Creed or any number of Grunge rock bands on speed. To the tracks - 1. The Grudge - Grunge for psycho's. Not bad 2. Eon Blue Apocalypse - A meaningless intro to the next track, the Patient 3. The Patient - Sounds like Creed or Nirvana hungover. Repetitive nonsense. 4. Mantra - A ghost with a sore tummy? 5. Schism - Repetitive but not bad in a hypnotic way. 6. Parabol - Meaningless Drivel leading into next track. 7. Parabola - Nirvana' s collective bad dream. 8. Ticks and Leeches - Starts of like a bad drum solo with dumb lead kicking in. Then tries to become some sort of Thrash, Death Metal thing. 9. Lateralus - Starts off trying to hypnotise me with a lead guitar then bores me with full on repetition that just gets more noisy. 10. Disposition - Nursery rhyme for the guitar. 11. Reflection - Another dumb drum, bass thingy. Glad I can't see my bored looking reflection in a mirror. 12. Triad - Just noise. 13. Faaip De Oiad - Yep and Faaip this band too.

I've heard better stuff coming out of a bunch of 14 year olds with instruments coming out of a garage. When Tool grow up they want to be Korn.

Sorry guys but this is not music.

Now, I am a big Tool fan (not a fanboy), but to me, I genuinely believe this is an insulting review, especially the highlighted portions.  It wouldn't be so bad if the reviewer wasn't insulting the band.   And how could he say "this is not music"?  What else would it be? Confused

Maybe this could use some editing?

Edited by darkmatter - May 31 2007 at 12:47
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 282>