Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick CD (album) cover

THICK AS A BRICK

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Menswear
3 stars This is only my very humble opinion, but this record is not doing a lot for me despite my affection for our favorite hobo flutist. Anderson's voice is to me one that speaks for millions of youths, whatever their age or the ages. Some segements are delectable in terms of melodies (the main theme for instance), some are more melancholic...ahh, the Tull at his zenith.

On another hand, the duper segments I talked about could be chopped from a good 20 minutes of repetitive themes and therefore the redudance is spoiling the magic. I get the same feeling of the Moonchild song from King Crimson, there's a line, but too weak to climb up my repertoire.

Perhaps to people this record is speaking more of teenage good old dayz than the concept itself?

Menswear | 3/5 |