Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows you most recently finished watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 52>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2023 at 02:56
Souls 2022

German TV production that has a lot of parallels with The Dark in that it's very hard to follow! I enjoyed the acting and the atmosphere but at the end I was none the wiser what was going on. The plot? Something about a tragic passenger airplane crash and the dead pilot being reincarnated into a young boy. Then some weirdness involving a cult. Watchable nonsense. 7/10
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2023 at 05:30
Series 11 of American Horror Story. This totally passed me by, so eventually started on it a couple of nights ago. This time it's called American Horror Story - NYC, set in the 80s and focuses on a string of killings involving gay men and the emergence of a new virus. Russell Tovey is excellent as a gay New York cop with a perfect American accent and it's a seedy romp in typical AHS fashion. Only a few of the recurring actors have shown up so far (4 eps in), so no Evan Peter or Sarah Paulson (as yet). It's good so far and I'm intrigued to see how this plays out.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2023 at 15:05
Just finished Series 11 of American Horror Story and it wasn't good. Despite an interesting beginning it rambled on to an extremely unsatisfactory conclusion. This has happened a few times in AHS where an interesting premise meanders on to nothing, almost like the writers were making it up as they went along. A shame really as it showed promise and the setting, acting and feel of the show was excellent. 3/10
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2023 at 03:09
Creeped Out (UK/Canada  2017-2019 — 2 seasons / 23 episodes): Like Silverpoint which I (shortly) reviewed here, this is also a very smart series for the kids. I honestly envy the British children and teens here. Creepy while also being informative and possibly positively transformative for the youth. This is like The Twilight Zone and Black Mirror were mashed up for the youngsters. Tales of the Unexpected also crossed my mind while watching this one. A top-notch Netflix series which could entertain people of all ages. 9/10
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2023 at 03:32
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

Just finished Series 11 of American Horror Story and it wasn't good. Despite an interesting beginning it rambled on to an extremely unsatisfactory conclusion. This has happened a few times in AHS where an interesting premise meanders on to nothing, almost like the writers were making it up as they went along. A shame really as it showed promise and the setting, acting and feel of the show was excellent. 3/10

I watched Series 7 (Cult) recently and enjoyed it (8/10) but then got bored again with Bunker. I was looking forward to an apocalypse drama and instead it was back to witches and warlocks nonsense. I did enjoy seeing Stevie Nicks make another cameo appearance though!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2023 at 03:34
currently watching The Contractor (Cristoph Waltz), very enjoyable, Waltz is a hoot!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2023 at 21:48
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

currently watching The Contractor (Cristoph Waltz), very enjoyable, Waltz is a hoot!

oops meant to say The Consultant Embarrassed
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2023 at 21:54
on Mandalorian season 2, liking it very much though I still have to rewatch the first season to compare.   Anyone catching season 3 ?  Looks a bit melodramatic (?)

Edited by Atavachron - March 05 2023 at 22:20
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2023 at 04:53
La Brea Season 2. Why oh why am I watching this drivel? The first season was awful, and this is worse - a whole 14 episodes too. But something is compelling me to watch it and it is fitting into that SBIG (So Bad It's Good) criteria - which makes it unintentionally hilarious at times.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2023 at 07:48
The excitement builds as we get nearer the return of Succession for Season 4. I've also been watching the excellent Yellowstone and can't help notice the similarities. Both have legendary Hollywood actors playing strong patriarchal characters struggling to pass on their business concerns to their inadequately qualified children. In both cases they have 3 sons and a daughter and again in both cases the daughter is the smartest of the siblings. Very weird coincidences in my mind. Succession also has an IMDB rating of 8.8 while Yellowstone is 8.7. 
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2023 at 08:39
Currently watching 'Poker Face'....good comedy action noir....hope they do another.
'Lockwood and Co.'   ......supernatural young adult detectives...well done good actingimo.
'Grimm' an old favorite from US tv years ago....one of my all time favorite supernatural creatures and cops show.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2023 at 11:42
I'm watching all 7 seasons of Adam-12. It's a show I haven't seen since I was a kid and I'm enjoying it immensely.

It's quite remarkable how much cop shows have changed since then and not necessarily in a good way but I could say that about a lot of TV these days. 
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 01:40
Reminds me that I haven't yet reviewed Unforgotten 2023. Love the actress that replaces Nicola Walker ( Sinead Keenan) and the new dynamic with Sanjeev Bhaskar's much loved character. Perhaps a shade predictable at time but immensely enjoyable nevertheless. 8/10
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2023 at 02:35
Meet The Chippendales 

For what is such an unbelievable story (you literally cannot make this sh*t up) perhaps not as interesting as it might have been. Steve Banajee is obviously a very interesting character but it didn't truly come out here. At the end of the day a bit of a miss. 5/10
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2023 at 08:42
I deserve a medal for completing series 2 of La Brea (I doubt many others have achieved such an amazing feat). It's truly appalling 1/10. 

Anyway to cleanse my brain I started watching Guillermo Del Toros Cabinet of Curiosities and managed the first 4 eps last night. I love these type of short horror stories and each one had its merits. Hopefully the rest are as good.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2023 at 04:41
I'm enjoying Shrinking a lot, from the producers of Ted Lasso (returning this Wednesday) it has many of the same ingredients with likeable characters stumbling along trying to get through the day. Nice cameo from AHS's Lily Rabe as the daughter of Harrison Ford's very grumpy 'old man'. Think there are still 2 episodes to come so will be interesting to compare with Ted Lasso as they overlap.

Edited by richardh - March 12 2023 at 04:43
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2023 at 04:00
The Last Of Us 2023 9 episodes

Post apocalypse drama based on a popular video game. Very impressed with this and enjoyed it immensely. My only reservation -its exactly the same set up as The Mandalorian and even the same lead actor Pedro Pascal. Basically about 2 characters , one old and one young, who become tied together in trying to save the world (or Universe in the case of the Mandalorian). It is such a weird coincidence to not only have the same idea but then cast exactly the same actor! Still good though. 9/10

Edited by richardh - March 13 2023 at 04:01
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2023 at 05:47
^Thanks, it's my next show top watch as the final episode has now aired (I rarely start a show until all eps are out). However, my TV viewing has been stymied somewhat as my wife has started series 10 of Married at First Site Australia - which runs for 30 odd one hour episodes. Geez, it's painful to watch.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2023 at 12:06

Post apocalypse drama based on a popular video game. Very impressed with this and enjoyed it immensely. My only reservation -its exactly the same set up as The Mandalorian and even the same lead actor Pedro Pascal. Basically about 2 characters , one old and one young, who become tied together in trying to save the world (or Universe in the case of the Mandalorian). It is such a weird coincidence to not only have the same idea but then cast exactly the same actor! Still good though. 9/10

Thumbs Up
Good post apocalypse type show.....Pascal and the young actress are very good.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2023 at 11:24
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Thumbs Up
Good post apocalypse type show.....Pascal and the young actress are very good.

yes indeed and she was also in Game Of Thrones, I could call her a star of the future but she's already arrived Smile

Isabella May Ramsey - born in Nottingham!

Bella Ramsey as Lyanna Mormont in the season eight Game of Thrones premiere.

Edited by richardh - March 14 2023 at 11:25
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 52>