Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Final Approve or Rejection of a Band suggestion.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFinal Approve or Rejection of a Band suggestion.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2008 at 14:35
As mine was one of the first response, I'd like to make it clear that I was NOT objecting to giving explanations about the reasons why a band is rejected. What I objected to was the over-formal, mock-legal format that was suggested in order to provide those motivations. I already have misgivings about the excessively serious atmosphere of the discussions regarding band additions, as well as the sometimes overheated reactions of disappointed users - I'd like the site to stay a source of fun and relaxation, not a reproduction of a work environment without the pay.
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2008 at 14:38
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

I'd like the site to stay a source of fun and relaxation, not a reproduction of a work environment without the pay.

Hear, hear!
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Alberto Muñoz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2008 at 14:41
Raff as i said early, i reject my own suggestion. That because in general the opinions of the SC and Collabs and Admin would not like that.

So, i shut my mouth again.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2008 at 14:42
and BTW nice catsTongue

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2008 at 14:49
Thank you!Smile

I really hope you didn't feel attacked... It was never my intention, and I saw the merit in your suggestion. As I said in my original post, I value transparency in all things. However, I can't help being worried about possible repercussions. I care about this site a lot, even on a personal level, and I don't want to see it go to the dogs.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2008 at 14:53
I used to have a little cat named Yoda, was a orange one, but my ex wife took me over so i haven't see then...Cry

But now i have a beatiful daughter Big smile

And hope that she grow up have again a cat, i love the cats.

About the discussion, i understand it and i'm not a narrow mind so i recognize my own faults and learn. don't worry about, it's part of the bussiness.

WinkHug

Edited by zafreth - October 31 2008 at 14:55

Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2008 at 17:46
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

Well of course all this could be avoided if all members could view but not post in the Collab Zone.

But of course you guys need your elitist club. ;-) 

There are discussions, sometimes not related to music itself, that need to stay in the Collaborators section.
  1. Like problems among Collaborators
  2. Discussions among teams
  3. Issues that the owners or Adms need to keep in a reduced group 
  4. Personal issues
  5. Debates about bands we want to keep short. (In the open forums last longer) 
  6. Discussions about behaviour in the open forums
  7. Many more
It's the same for us, we don't have access to the Adm section, the problem is not posting in the CS or in the AS, the problem is that some laundry must be done at home.

Iván
You can't see the admin forum, but you also don't have any admin powers, so I don't think it's a fair comparison.

I would say that all of those are topics that should be discussed via PM between the parties involved or in the open forum instead of in your semi-secret forum  for people who have no authority over the forum itself. Except for 2, I'm not sure what that means, and I don't see the problem with people seeing 5--it's not like some random noob jackass can butt in and extend the thread forever. ;-)
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2008 at 19:29

You can't see the admin forum, but you also don't have any admin powers, so I don't think it's a fair comparison.

You don't have Collaborators powers, Collaborators dobn't have Special Collaborators powers, everything works like this, each one has their section to discuss issues that should be kept in eachb section.

I would say that all of those are topics that should be discussed via PM between the parties involved or in the open forum instead of in your semi-secret forum for people who have no authority over the forum itself.

Can you add bands?
Can you modify information?
Is there any reason for a member or a troll to know that his cadse is being discussrd?

Maybe some powers, even when small, but we have some, and we gained them with hours and/or years of work here.

BTW: Sometimes the issues between teams and collaborators have to be discussed in a restricted area but with the knowledge of the other collaborators, we can't do it on an open forum.

Except for 2, I'm not sure what that means, and I don't see the problem with people seeing 5--it's not like some random noob jackass can butt in and extend the thread forever. ;-)

Yes they will, we have modified groups of 30 bands per session in two pages of discussion, many of this bands like King Crimson, Gentle Giant, VDGG (All moved from Symphonic), would had taken months each one

But at the end, neither the administrators, you or I have created this system, it has been created by the owners and neither you or me can change it, it works for us and that's how a system is judged.

Iván.

Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2008 at 20:39
No, my point was that you were making it sound moderatoresque, when you have no powers over the forum; therefore, the personal discussions in the semi-private forum isn't the same. If you're willing to talk about it in front of other people who don't have power over other users, you should be willing to talk about it in front of everyone.

And I think you misunderstood me: I fully support that the Collabs should have their own forum to talk about their decisions or what have you, but people being able to read it wouldn't change anything on that front.

I know it is never going to change, and I don't really care, either. I'm just saying, I personally think it is inappropriate.

Edited by Henry Plainview - October 31 2008 at 20:39
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2008 at 20:55

No, my point was that you were making it sound moderatoresque, when you have no powers over the forum;

No, I'm concious of my clearence in this forum

therefore, the personal discussions in the semi-private forum isn't the same. If you're willing to talk about it in front of other people who don't have power over other users, you should be willing to talk about it in front of everyone.

Even when we are not mods, we havce other fubctions and issues that need to be private.

And I think you misunderstood me: I fully support that the Collabs should have their own forum to talk about their decisions or what have you, but people being able to read it wouldn't change anything on that front.

I don't believe so, there are issues that only concern to the Collaborators.

I know it is never going to change, and I don't really care, either. I'm just saying, I personally think it is inappropriate.

I think is perfectly appropriate as in most forums.

If we have to do some work /and it's a lot), if we need to discuss teams issues that are also a lot, if we want to discuss PROBLEMS among two or more teams, if  we have to receive general passwords or clearence to do some things for the forum, privacy is required.

And if M@X needs to say something only to the people that work directly (less than the Adms we know) or give us guidelines, or whatever he wants, he needs his privacy.

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - October 31 2008 at 20:56

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234