Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed...Drug of choice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Poll Question: What’s your favorite drug?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
29 [39.73%]
1 [1.37%]
19 [26.03%]
1 [1.37%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [8.22%]
1 [1.37%]
4 [5.48%]
2 [2.74%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.37%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [12.33%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 16:40
Originally posted by goose goose wrote:

Originally posted by illustrated illustrated wrote:

Originally posted by aqualung28 aqualung28 wrote:

Salvia for me man.  it doesn't really last long but when you trip you trip hard.  I personally haven't tripped on it but I still felt really relaxed.  I hear it helps if you shut your eyes with the lights out but my friend was freaking out too much when I turned off the lights

Haha, that's cool. I know some people who've done it. Isn't it legal? Someone said you can buy it over the counter.. do you hallucinate heavy on it or not?

..what are poppers?

Salvia's f**king nasty... I've not known one person to have a good experience on it, and I certainly didn't. It is legal though, so try it if you want . Poppers are some legal inhalant, a lot of people do them although I never have.

Yeah I've heard a lot of people find the salvia experience very unpleasant, and I think I'll stay away from all inhalants...

goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 16:40
Any drugs that I'd particularly enjoy I wouldn't take regularly enough to call a "drug of choice". Mushrooms were pretty crazy and I've got some acid to take at some point. I guess then alcohol is my drug of choice, if only because it's the only one I consume at all regularly (no caffeine for me )
ROCK GOD View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 16:43

preety

i take pompoms aka hash

illustrated View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 16:44

Originally posted by goose goose wrote:

Any drugs that I'd particularly enjoy I wouldn't take regularly enough to call a "drug of choice". Mushrooms were pretty crazy and I've got some acid to take at some point. I guess then alcohol is my drug of choice, if only because it's the only one I consume at all regularly (no caffeine for me )

Well, yeah. I thought about that after I made the poll, and you're right... most people would obviously choose alcohol or marijuana because those are the drugs that most people do on a regular basis (aside from maybe coffee, or smoking... or chocolate).

ROCK GOD View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 16:48
Eddy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 17:09
wooo! smooke that thing!. poppers are inhelents that Were extremmly common in the disco arena. it makes you feel like theres a orcistation of percussion in  your head. THUNMP THUMP THUMP! its quite crazy i tell, you it lasta as long as slavia. there legal to buy anywhere exept united states, which is extra retarded!
illustrated View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 17:21

Originally posted by Eddy Eddy wrote:

wooo! smooke that thing!. poppers are inhelents that Were extremmly common in the disco arena. it makes you feel like theres a orcistation of percussion in  your head. THUNMP THUMP THUMP! its quite crazy i tell, you it lasta as long as slavia. there legal to buy anywhere exept united states, which is extra retarded!

Well, I live in Canada.

But seriously, how bad are they for you?

Arsillus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 17:22

I have never touched any kind of drug and don't plan to ever in my life. Yet, I owe to drugs pretty much all the music I enjoy and making the Beatles a lot better.

Mr. Krinkle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 17:35
Alcohol, sweet jane and tobaco. i'll try some psychedelyc stuff later in m7y life.
PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 04:32
Madness absolute Madness!
CYMRU AM BYTH
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 05:34

Marijuana, I guess.

I can take or leave drink and anything else, although acid was a lot of fun, and I'm sometimes tempted to go out and do some more. I'm probably too old to enjoy it now. I've probably had too much going on in my life/head for a 'trip' to ever be pleasant or uncomplicated again.

I do need to quit the weed though. My chest aches, I cough like an asthmatic pit pony, and I cant remember a fu**ing thing..

Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
oliverstoned View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 10:13
So turn on vaporisation
it's so easier on lungs and throat!

Or just eat cakes!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 10:48

Originally posted by oliverstoned oliverstoned wrote:

So turn on vaporisation
it's so easier on lungs and throat!

Or just eat cakes!

Those vapourisers are expensive and by all accounts you have to use twice as much gear to get the same effect. Is this true?

As for cookies and cakes, I could live with that I guess. However, there is something very appealing about the whole ritual of making and sharing a joint.

bluetailfly View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 10:53

Originally posted by mwb498 mwb498 wrote:

LSD seems to have a very profound and permanent affect...at least for me.  It almost seems like you can tell if someone has tripped before you even get to know them or ask them.  It also seems like from that moment on you become wrapped up in a perpetual state of emotional narccicism, mania/depression, and paranoia.  It ebbs and flows and often times you feel like Hitler...and often times Jesus...but eventually you relax and the cycle starts itself over.

I don't believe LSD has a permanent affect at all (unless you trip day after day, thousands of times--and there are people who have done this!), and I know many people who have tripped and their behavior, post-trip, is identical to what it was before.

I have a feeling that if you think about the nature of your personality before you first tripped, you'll find that it's pretty much the same as it is now. It's just that the acid made you more aware of your psychological states than you were before.

"The red polygon's only desire / is to get to the blue triangle."
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 11:06
Originally posted by bluetailfly bluetailfly wrote:

Originally posted by mwb498 mwb498 wrote:

LSD seems to have a very profound and permanent affect...at least for me.  It almost seems like you can tell if someone has tripped before you even get to know them or ask them.  It also seems like from that moment on you become wrapped up in a perpetual state of emotional narccicism, mania/depression, and paranoia.  It ebbs and flows and often times you feel like Hitler...and often times Jesus...but eventually you relax and the cycle starts itself over.

I don't believe LSD has a permanent affect at all (unless you trip day after day, thousands of times--and there are people who have done this!), and I know many people who have tripped and their behavior, post-trip, is identical to what it was before.

I have a feeling that if you think about the nature of your personality before you first tripped, you'll find that it's pretty much the same as it is now. It's just that the acid made you more aware of your psychological states than you were before.

I would agree with your last paragraph bluetailfly.

Acid is a powerfull drug, but I dont think its affects the individual permenantly unless they have done an enormous amount over along period of time, OR the user is predisposed to mental and emotional anguish anyway. LSD can trigger the onset of schizophrenia in some users in that category, but this is apparently rare.

I believe LSD merely amplifies your senses, and exagerates aspects of your character until they can either appear hillarious or terrifying to you. You can have enormous profound and almost religious experiences on it. I have felt the rotation of the Earth beneath me before, indeed I have been able to stop the Earth turning too

I have been an alien, a rabbit and a woman - that was stranger than being an alien

Dan Bobrowski View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 11:41

Moderation, kiddies, always practice moderation.

I enjoy a fine glass of ale every now and again. Coffee is another drug of choice, but as Bryan Ferry once said, "Love is the drug for me." 

I don't use, but I believe marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, but smoking, in any form, is not good for the body. I'd like to see a mist styled inhaler for "medicinal" purposes. Any other drug is simply rolling the dice, IMHO.  

bluetailfly View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 11:59
Originally posted by danbo danbo wrote:

I enjoy a fine glass of ale every now and again. Coffee is another drug of choice, but as Bryan Ferry once said, "Love is the drug for me." 

I don't use, but I believe marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, but smoking, in any form, is not good for the body. I'd like to see a mist styled inhaler for "medicinal" purposes. Any other drug is simply rolling the dice, IMHO.  

Yes, I agree. I have tripped a few times a long time ago in college, but I will probably never do it again. Been there, done that. No need to do it again. I have benefitted from it, but the power of the experience has worn off in terms gaining insights. I don't need the ride any more.

I do agree that pot is better for you than alchohol, but again in moderation (like once in a while, not multiple times a day).

"The red polygon's only desire / is to get to the blue triangle."
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 13:40
Regarding the other plants, strange that no one quoted cacti. I never tried them.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 14:18
...morever cacti miss in the list, cause mescalin is the synthetic and concentrated form of mescalin-containing cacti.

goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 15:36
Originally posted by danbo danbo wrote:

Absolutely (although it should be practise - my brain hasn't been addled, you see! )

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>