Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 10:10
^Damn, no matter how much I want to express my solidarity to the French people in this moment of tragedy, I am not eating that atrocity... Tongue
RayRo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 10:12
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

Even funnier news: my doctor was killed in the gunnings (learned it monday morning before going to work and I had an appointment with her on monday afternoon).
Also, police found the car of one of the terrorist team in a place located two streets downer from my flat, roughly a 5 minutes walk.

Farewell, my 8 hours night of sleep.
Please don't let our of moment of levity make you feel that we are either unsympathetic or unsupportive to either the residents of Paris and to the French people as a whole.
As a resident of the one of Massachusetts' neighboring New England states, the horror of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings is still fresh in my memory, as well as in the memory of every single person I know, and will probably remain so for the rest of our lives.

Rest assured that the Paris tragedy is utmost in the minds and hearts of all American citizens as well as every caring person residing throughout the world.

You are not alone in this struggle and never will be.    
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 10:12
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

^Damn, no matter how much I want to express my solidarity to the French people in this moment of tragedy, I am not eating that atrocity... Tongue
I wasn't offering. Tongue Anyway, we've already eaten it. Wink

Edited by Dean - November 18 2015 at 10:13
What?
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 10:24
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 10:29
^ that cat's eaten too much already. What does it think it is... the CEO of a bank?
What?
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 10:44
LOL

Edited by The T - November 18 2015 at 10:44
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 14:40
Dean, you just posted a picture of a huge penis.

Okay, a penis made of paste, sugar and honey, but still a penis. How did you manage to pass the Google Decency Filter?
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 14:44
What?
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 17:38
http://www.yahoo.com/honduras-arrests-five-syrians-headed-us-stolen-passports-204536480.html

Just five alleged Syrian refugees with false Greek passports trying to catch a break. Yet they had enough money to go from Syria to Lebanon, then to Turkey, Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica and on to Honduras en route to the U.S.

Rather disturbing they could pass through so many airports before someone had enough sense to check the validity of their documents. Bravo Honduras!

Edited by The Dark Elf - November 18 2015 at 17:39
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 17:50
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Actually, to be honest, I've never seen this type of pastry live ...

I understand that the croquembouche is mostly a wedding cake for mediterranean-descending (read Maghreb) french citizens
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svetonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 23:58
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 00:14
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

[URL=http://www.yahoo.com/honduras-arrests-five-syrians-headed-us-stolen-passports-204536480.html" rel="nofollow]http://www.yahoo.com/honduras-arrests-five-syrians-headed-us-stolen-passports-204536480.html

[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR] 
[/URL]
Just five alleged Syrian refugees with false Greek passports trying to catch a break. Yet they had enough money to go from Syria to Lebanon, then to Turkey, Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica and on to Honduras en route to the U.S.

Rather disturbing they could pass through so many airports before someone had enough sense to check the validity of their documents. Bravo Honduras!

Nobody ever said refugees don't have money...
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 12:02
Over a five-year period, Boeing, General Electric, and Verizon paid nothing in net federal income taxes. These three Fortune 500 companies reported nearly $80 billion in combined profits and actually got tax rebates from the federal government.
RayRo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 12:26
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Over a five-year period, Boeing, General Electric, and Verizon paid nothing in net federal income taxes. These three Fortune 500 companies reported nearly $80 billion in combined profits and actually got tax rebates from the federal government.
In an ever changing volatile world, it's good to see that some things never change! :)
Vive Le France!!
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 18:28
The Mark Twain saying should be amended to, "Only two things in life are certain - death and tax evasion".
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 18:34
Since it is pretty safe to assume that millions of people in the world don't pay taxes because for example they are in extreme poverty or live alone in an island or whatever, we have to start eliminating that stupid quote from our lives. In reality, only death is certain in life. Nothing else.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 21:40
Actually, somebody I know on fb added a third certainty to that list after this year's Wimbledon semis - Sharapova losing to Serena Williams.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 23:41
Phil Collins coming back from retirement every time he retires, now that's as certain as death...

Edited by The T - November 19 2015 at 23:41
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 03:51
human stupidity is another certainty. Friede likes to quote Albert Einstein on that topic: "only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 08:26
The universe may or may not be expanding, but human stupidity finds new avenues of expression every single day... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 446>