Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive poll team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 52>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2022 at 17:33
Ok, I'll put the 'ol coconut to work.
And I'll focus on my ^'plan' above. Big smile
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2022 at 17:37

^ Thanks JD, I'm looking forward to it! Thumbs Up

Edited by Mila-13 - October 19 2022 at 17:38
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2022 at 17:54
I am pleased with this participation in the discussion I opened: it means that still many people are passionate about these polls.

I would say let's move forward, adjusting the rules from time to time based on the number of people participating. Lewian's attempt to simplify the poll rules did not have a good effect but maybe that depends on other contingent factors. In fact, as Mila pointed out some polls with so many participants were more challenging.

However, I will do the next poll with only one song to propose each, so each person will have a better chance to comment.
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2022 at 00:11
A pity that the new poll is not yet up. As mentioned earlier, I hardly have time to deal with them during the week.

Edited by Mila-13 - October 23 2022 at 02:29
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2022 at 06:57
Very sorry for the delay, this is a beautiful weekend and probably my last kick at the can to get the property ready for winter. Give me a an hour or two and I'll get something up before I go out today.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2022 at 14:43
I think it's my turn for the next interactive poll....

Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2022 at 15:03

^ What about Sam/Meltdowner? He participated in the last poll. It was great to have him back after quite a while!

Maybe you can reach him by posting in the poll thread?

Edited by Mila-13 - November 09 2022 at 15:25
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2022 at 16:46
Originally posted by Mila-13 Mila-13 wrote:

^ What about Sam/Meltdowner? He participated in the last poll. It was great to have him back after quite a while!

Maybe you can reach him by posting in the poll thread?

Oh yes, if Sam would...
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 01:19
Hey guys, I have a serious problem accessing the PA-website. I get an error message each time > too many redirects. I'm using Google Chrome. First it was the phone but now the same happens with my laptop. There were also access problems before from time to time but that was just temporary. As recommended I cleared the cache and cookies but that didn't help. I have no problems with any other website or forum...just PA. Oddly enough I do still recieve email notifications about new posts in the forum threads where I am active. However, in the past this did not work either, although I did not have any serious access problems at the time. That's pretty weird imo.

Now I'm using Firefox but when logging in I was warned that this was not a safe connection. Can any of you give me a hint?

Edited by Mila-13 - November 10 2022 at 02:45
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 03:14

Hey guys, I have a serious problem accessing the PA-website. I get an error message each time > too many redirects. I'm using Google Chrome. First it was the phone but now the same happens with my laptop. There were also access problems before from time to time but that was just temporary. As recommended I cleared the cache and cookies but that didn't help. I have no problems with any other website or forum...just PA. Oddly enough I do still recieve email notifications about new posts in the forum threads where I am active. However, in the past this did not work either, although I did not have any serious access problems at the time. That's pretty weird imo.

Now I'm using Firefox but when logging in I was warned that this was not a safe connection. Can any of you give me a hint?

This is discussed in various places:
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=129596
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=129989
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=129510

In my view this issue threatens the very survival of the forum. Shocked
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 03:53

^ Thanks a lot, Christian!

I found one of these threads earlier today. At the moment a change of browser seems to be the best solution, at least when using the laptop. What worries me, however, is that f.e. with Firefox I do not get a safe connection with the PA-site. Obviously, this problem has been around for some time now. It would be good to know whether someone is working on a permanent solution? They can't put the whole blog at risk, can they?!

Edited by Mila-13 - November 10 2022 at 03:56
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 04:27

^ Thanks a lot, Christian!

I found one of these threads earlier today. At the moment a change of browser seems to be the best solution, at least when using the laptop. What worries me, however, is that f.e. with Firefox I do not get a safe connection with the PA-site. Obviously, this problem has been around for some time now. It would be good to know whether someone is working on a permanent solution? They can't put the whole blog at risk, can they?!

The way I understand it is that the people who are active probably don't have the access rights to do what should be done; only (?) the owner has the rights, and he doesn't seem interested.
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 15:25
^ I have no idea how many people are taking care of the blog in the function as admins and how they are organised. Perhaps they lack understanding for technical things as well as money to pay professional IT support. I wonder if donations would help?

Edited by Mila-13 - November 11 2022 at 01:53
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2022 at 15:54
@Lorenzo, Sam has replied to my post in the thread of the previous poll. He said that he's rather busy atm. Otherwise he remains interested in the IA-polls.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that we do not necessarily receive email notifications about new posts in the threads where we are active. There are various technical problems with the PA-website (see above). Maybe we need to find other ways to inform people about the polls, e.g. by pm?

Edited by Mila-13 - November 10 2022 at 16:12
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2022 at 17:27

@Lorenzo, Sam has replied to my post in the thread of the previous poll. He said that he's rather busy atm. Otherwise he remains interested in the IA-polls.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that we do not necessarily receive email notifications about new posts in the threads where we are active. There are various technical problems with the PA-website (see above). Maybe we need to find other ways to inform people about the polls, e.g. by pm?

Yes, by pm.

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2022 at 17:28
Tomorrow I will open the next poll.
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 00:17
@Lorenzo
I would like to remind you that time-consuming voting procedures were not popular in the past. As a result the number of participants has decreased significantly. If you want to involve people you should however listen to them. Also it is more likely that more comments will be made with a larger number of participants, meaning the participants can alternate commenting, depending on whether they have time to do so.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 02:32

@Lorenzo
I would like to remind you that time-consuming voting procedures were not popular in the past. As a result the number of participants has decreased significantly. If you want to involve people you should however listen to them. Also it is more likely that more comments will be made with a larger number of participants, meaning the participants can alternate commenting, depending on whether they have time to do so.

Compared to the poll I had done in the past I only put two songs of which to choose one (basically I halved the number of songs), let's see how many are available, if not I'll change the rules: two proposals of which to choose one. Since lately everyone (including me) except Kees no longer comments on the proposed song, I'm trying to rekindle the attention.

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 04:05
After I myself and JD tried out some "personal theories" on how to bring people in again with very limited success, I don't have much confidence left in any advice regarding what will lead to more or fewer participants.

We have lost people for various reasons and the odd one may have dropped out because occasionally things were too complicated and time-consuming, but it seems quite clear now that going easier again won't bring back most of them. Life goes on and people go on to do different things. One reason may simply also be that many have exhausted their list of non-prog artists that are at the same time great and unknown enough that they'd like to present them here, and don't want to nominate their same favourites again and again. I'm always wondering these days what's left on my list, and have repeated a few artists even though I try to avoid that (I'm pretty determined to continue to take part though).

Given that this is so, I'm rather relaxed about whatever the remaining gang comes up with. There may be new or returning participants or not, but let's listen to music rather than worry too much about marketing and how to appeal to those who currently do not take part. By the way, with fewer participants it's less time consuming anyway.

Edited by Lewian - December 15 2022 at 11:13
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 05:28
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Given that this is so, I'm rather relaxed about whatever the remaining gang comes up with. There may be new or returning participants or not, but let's listen to music rather than worry too much about marketing and how to appeal to those who currently do not take part. By the way, with fewer participants it's less time consuming anyway.

I may have not been precise enough. The point is that quite a few of us, the remaining participants said that this two-stage voting procedure was too time-consuming and I still thinks so. Besides, you can't turn things around in one or two editions. It takes a little time and patience.

Edited by Mila-13 - November 13 2022 at 05:28
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 52>