Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst abuse on PA ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2017 at 18:54
I don't know, I kind of feel the evil of it has been totally exaggerated. So it's occasionally annoying (no doubting that), but a deal-breaker for being active on the site?

Because I now expect it, I simply highlight and COPY whatever I'm doing each time, then if I have to get stopped by It That Shall Not Be Named and have to go back, I just PASTE it back in and try again. It usually doesn't hit two times in a row. I know it shouldn't have even come to this point, but it's pretty easy to adjust to.

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - May 21 2017 at 18:59
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kepler62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2017 at 19:37
f**kEN f**kEN f**kEN f**kEN f**k !!!!!!!!!!
That's all I have to Say !!!!!
f**k!
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2017 at 19:50
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

I don't know, I kind of feel the evil of it has been totally exaggerated. So it's occasionally annoying (no doubting that), but a deal-breaker for being active on the site?

Because I now expect it, I simply highlight and COPY whatever I'm doing each time, then if I have to get stopped by It That Shall Not Be Named and have to go back, I just PASTE it back in and try again. It usually doesn't hit two times in a row. I know it shouldn't have even come to this point, but it's pretty easy to adjust to.

Hear, hear. Thumbs Up 

I sure as heck am not enjoying having to fill out captchas, but they're a mild inconvenience at worst. 
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2017 at 19:54

Yep. Must be the epitome of 'first world problems' y'all....
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2017 at 20:08

I've had it hit like 5 times in a row before and still can't post emoticons. At that point, I just say f**k it.

I'm not saying I'm going to be leaving the site, but this is more than a minor inconvenience really.  
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2017 at 20:15
M@x is actually not a M@n but a Rowboat
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2017 at 20:53
^ And here's the proof. A siting off the coast of Albania LOL

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2017 at 23:05
I got an access denied message yesterday for the first time. I gave it four goes, kept getting it, gave up.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kepler62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2017 at 04:29
I bet if you're on a site that's collecting money you're not going to get this sh*t.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2017 at 05:08
It may or may not be a mild inconvenience, or a larger problem for some but that's missing the point. What it is, is a completely unnecessary action that annoys the regular users and doesn't really keep threats away. 

I said it before. There has to be a better way.
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2017 at 08:43
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I got an access denied message yesterday for the first time. I gave it four goes, kept getting it, gave up.

It's about time too Angry

TongueWink
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2017 at 10:21
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

It's about time too Angry

TongueWink

Ooh, that hurts
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2017 at 13:16

I agree, Michael, it's really annoying but not impossible to accommodate.
I guess it's a security trade-off M@x has certainly considered beforehand, otherwise why have bothered in the first place Ermm ???
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2017 at 15:20
A coup d'etat is brewing... 
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zravkapt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2017 at 15:47
^I would say a mass exodus instead.
Magma America Great Make Again
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 05:52

I get your point Michael but it shouldn't have to be this irritating to frequent a music site - especially since this new nuisance basically has no function other than arbitrarily erasing one's posts and demanding that you prove your carbon based existence. It does not stop spammers + the usual robots that frequent PA never really posted and I don't see that changing in the future.

But, and this is the part that pisses me off the most, there has been no official explanation nor rationale on why this thing was implemented in the first place. We, the people who actually use and run the site, are merely left with speculation.
Is this out of caution? Is it a business thing ie profitable? Was it forced on Max?
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 06:36
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I get your point Michael but it shouldn't have to be this irritating to frequent a music site - especially since this new nuisance basically has no function other than arbitrarily erasing one's posts and demanding that you prove your carbon based existence. It does not stop spammers + the usual robots that frequent PA never really posted and I don't see that changing in the future.

But, and this is the part that pisses me off the most, there has been no official explanation nor rationale on why this thing was implemented in the first place. We, the people who actually use and run the site, are merely left with speculation.
Is this out of caution? Is it a business thing ie profitable? Was it forced on Max?

I've tried reading up a bit on Google's Captcha software David, and as far as I can tell, it is a FREE service offered to site owners and web administrators but is not compulsory. It identifies the browser being used, the user's IP address and looks for cookies which will identify any historical activity as inherently 'human' Google also claim that the software is sophisticated enough to distinguish mouse movements made towards the "I am not a robot' check box as human or by machine. No, I've no idea how they do that either and yes, Google are therefore monitoring our every keystroke online. There is an article on Wired (albeit it's 3 years old) which explains some of the background

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/google-one-click-recaptcha/

I believe that originally the hugely irritating picture galleries we are assailed with was designed just for smartphone and tablet users but that no longer appears to be the case.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 09:29
test

Edited by Jeffro - May 23 2017 at 09:30
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 21:31
ads between reviewsClown
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 07:18
It is getting to be a nuisance to post in this forum. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>