Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 15:27
^ Supertramp: I have it on a regular (non-MFSL) version, and it sounds just perfect. 

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

^ Hahaha.....you would have to lose the purple bra though dude, or maybe not LOL Maybe they like that too...

Isn't this purple thing called Bro Bra or something? I heard they also sell foam inserts for it, appropriately called "manpads" .. right? 

Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ Those two can play my records WinkTongue 

"You can play my records, but don't push my buttons"
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2014 at 10:19
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2014 at 10:37
Yeah! Our prayers were answered! Big smile

Edited by Meltdowner - December 09 2014 at 13:29
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 04:05
You'd think that every 'classic Prog' album (and beyond), has been re-issued on vinyl....
To this day, are there any that any folks know of which haven't ?..........
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 04:10
^ I think only 5 PF albums were re-issued. I would really like to have a copy of Meddle.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 04:21
I thought that Meddle can be obtained quite easily 2nd-hand these days....???
Same Atom Heart and More.   I'm thinking in more obscure terms......
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 04:32
Not very easy to find considering it's PF, I still can't believe I found my copy of AHM.
Was any RPI classic album re-issued on vinyl?
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 05:06
Meltdowner, have you checked out Greg Walker's 'Syn-Phonic' music website yet ?? He stocks an amazing selection of vinyl, plenty of RPI classics, Kraut, Canterbury etc... But even more recent and up-to-date releases too.
I shop up with him around 3 times a year for bulk lots.... No shortage of things to get.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 12:34
Originally posted by Hawkwise Hawkwise wrote:

http://www.rush.com/12-months-of-rush-14-albums-from-mercury-era-for-release-in-2015/
Shocked

I saw this the other day.....I have all of these on vinyl already, but will get them so I can finally put my originals away for safe keeping now.

This is how a collection should be released.
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 15:00
First ever spin 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 16:00
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Meltdowner, have you checked out Greg Walker's 'Syn-Phonic' music website yet ?? He stocks an amazing selection of vinyl, plenty of RPI classics, Kraut, Canterbury etc... But even more recent and up-to-date releases too.
I shop up with him around 3 times a year for bulk lots.... No shortage of things to get.
I knew the site but never seen their vinyl selection, he sure has a lot of RPI classic gems. The shipping costs are probably expensive, no? The other day, I checked some LP sleeves that José recommended here, and the store was asking for more than 30€ of shipping costs and the sleeves didn't even cost 10 Stern Smile

Edited by Meltdowner - December 10 2014 at 16:03
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 16:25
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I knew the site but never seen their vinyl selection, he sure has a lot of RPI classic gems. The shipping costs are probably expensive, no? The other day, I checked some LP sleeves that José recommended here, and the store was asking for more than 30€ of shipping costs and the sleeves didn't even cost 10 Stern Smile

Ouch!! I would suggest emailing Greg Walker if you have something specific, he is really easy to work with and has always treated me well.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 16:40
Thanks, I'll do that if I can't find anything about that. About the sleeves, I'll try to find them here: I'm going this weekend to the capital and I'm searching for the record stores there Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 16:45

[.I have all of these on vinyl already, but will get them so I can finally put my originals away for safe keeping now. This is how a collection should be released. 

Let's hope the new pressing is good enough. Sometimes they re-master old stuff in accordance with the perceived "modern" expectations, and the results are not always good. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 17:52
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

[.I have all of these on vinyl already, but will get them so I can finally put my originals away for safe keeping now. This is how a collection should be released. 

Let's hope the new pressing is good enough. Sometimes they re-master old stuff in accordance with the perceived "modern" expectations, and the results are not always good. 

True....Although the debut album Rush, is excellent, using the DMM process. I will be watching the Hoffman forums for feedback, but will still get each one I am sure.

I have been looking for a VG+ Moving Pictures copy but they are almost impossible to find for less than $30.

It will be like Christmas every month of 2015 Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 19:37
As Sonia Mota would say, "bounce, bounce, happy bounce":

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 17:09
^ What's that album?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 17:29
Side A: Saint-Saens, Concerto No. 4
Side B: Satie, Trois Morceaux En Forme De Poire
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 18:09
So, according to Wikipedia, 19th century classical french music. Satie's music description sounds great.
And now I want a pear Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 18:28
[QUOTE=Meltdowner]So, according to Wikipedia, 19th century classical french music. Satie's music description sounds great.
And now I want a pear Tongue
[/QUOTE

Life is full of amazing coincidences. Before I saw your message, I emptied a plastic bag of nice Oregon pears into a bowl, but haven't thrown the bag out .. black magic. 

Do you like French romantic composers? I remember you wrote something about classical someplace else, but can't recall what the heck you wrote Big smileBig smile (something about Chopin?)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 312>