Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2010 at 22:02
Originally posted by Marty McFly Marty McFly wrote:

^ Fair comment. Incident as dangerous as this is isolate one, I agree. Even though we have some fights, some people (white / gypsy, both) crippled because of racism (again, from both sides, because I'm not sure how known it is to outside world that it works both ways). Fights, brawls, some demonstrations, nothing big as this.

Even our breaking out of communism was without one single death, which is something I'm proud of and quite happy about. I was born that year you know, in February 1989.

I should also tell that father of this little girl was convicted criminal who was avoiding prison sentence (robberies). These four guys who did it were unemployed / lowly payed manual workers, mostly poor and with only basic level of education. Same as victim's family.

Just saying, just saying. Don't mock me for that.

In one of discussions about this, someone raised a concern, how this can be racial hatred, when there are basically only three races. Europoid, Negroid and Mongoloid. Is it racial anymore ?

Moris, by the way, how it is in your own country, how it is with Serbs & others in Balkan ?

Division between black, white and Asian dropped out of favour in anthropological sciences and sociology, because the terms are too hazy and vague. But you don't need a distinct ehnicity to have racial hatred, because those who propagate hatred will easily skew the parameters in their favour. For example I never understood those who are shaving their heads and wearing swastikas...in Slavic countries. I mean, I don't buy them in any case, but to have a Neo-Nazi group in Slavic countries seems extra ridiculous...it's like having them in Israel. But it's the easiest thing to do to is to proclaim someone is less worthy than you, and there you go. I never, ever heard anyone claiming his one race/social group is less worthy than some other one, hence all the supremacists are just full of bullsh*t, which they are.

As for the Balkan issues, I think you know me well to know my cultural tentacles are spreading everywhere...if you're asking me about general public opinion in the Balkan countries, that's a complex issue that will take too long to respond here...but the situations is, in general, much better...compared to the war years, the region is the garden of Eden, especially in my area.

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2010 at 23:32
I think the thing that divides most humans is really culture rather than race.  We are all part of the human race after all.  Sadly some of us haven't moved on from hating others who are different from us.  Those are the people who I regard as being from a different sub-human race. Angry
If only we could kill them all off...
I do have hope that attrition will eventually take care of those a-holes.

Edited by Slartibartfast - June 26 2010 at 23:34
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

flower-of-scots View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flower-of-scots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 19:42
What is wrong with hating the English...especially the media.............england as a race are arrogant obnoxious and think the world owes them a living...on an individaul basis there are more than a few very good people...but not in sport of any kind.

And the english do not support any of the other Uk countries ....................Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland...at least we all have realities....long live anti-england.

Edited by flower-of-scots - June 27 2010 at 19:55
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 19:46
^ wonder what your first post was like geez
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 15:30
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 16:35

If guns hadn't been invented would you still carry swords?

What?
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 16:38
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

A victory for the 2nd Amendment rights of the people.

Maybe the Americans can now improve on their otherwise leading figures of gun-based mortality LOL
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 16:56
Originally posted by flower-of-scots flower-of-scots wrote:

What is wrong with hating the English...especially the media.............england as a race are arrogant obnoxious and think the world owes them a living...on an individaul basis there are more than a few very good people...but not in sport of any kind.

And the english do not support any of the other Uk countries ....................Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland...at least we all have realities....long live anti-england.

Woo Hooo Chippy Scot Alert!LOL
Help me I'm falling!
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 17:46
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I carry one of those as well, thank you very much. 

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 17:47
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

A victory for the 2nd Amendment rights of the people.

Maybe the Americans can now improve on their otherwise leading figures of gun-based mortality LOL

I've been through this twice, and I'm not going to repeat myself a third time about the matter.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 17:58

That really doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
What?
TGM: Orb View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TGM: Orb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 17:59
Originally posted by flower-of-scots flower-of-scots wrote:

Scotland's welfare and its ridiculously expensive parliament building is sponsored by the English taxpayer. The devolution process was started to politically recognise the identities of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. In return, England has to deal with that berk Salmond asking why he wasn't invited to a debate for a position he wasn't even running for every election and the occasional ignorant bigot ............................................................................................... like yourself.

(dare I ask what sport is supposed to have to do with this? and can we accept that England's contribution to world culture is pretty big?)
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 18:01
I believe in the second amendment right to carry muskets. LOL
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 18:05
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

I believe in the second amendment right to carry muskets. LOL
Confused
What?
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 18:22

My old man had a sword too.  And nunchucks.  Smile

Funny how we've never harmed anyone

(Well, my dad did break a Frisbee over my head accidentally, so there you are).  LOL
halabalushindigus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halabalushindigus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 18:46
which reminds me of The cowboy and Indian days. Did all of us really carry guns around with our horses and in the saloons like they portray in the movies?.

assume the power 1586/14.3
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonebeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 18:53

My old man had a sword too.  And nunchucks.  Smile

Funny how we've never harmed anyone

(Well, my dad did break a Frisbee over my head accidentally, so there you are).  LOL

BREAKING NEWS
: Chicago outlaws home use of Frisbees.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 18:55
Originally posted by halabalushindigus halabalushindigus wrote:

which reminds me of The cowboy and Indian days. Did all of us really carry guns around with our horses and in the saloons like they portray in the movies?.

Not exactly, no.
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 22:26
RIP Senator Byrd I figured that he was only going to leave the Senate feet first, and I was right. I don't know why people kept reelecting him, but he was an important figure in the 20th century, for good or ill, so he deserves some respect.

Edited by Henry Plainview - June 28 2010 at 22:27
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 06:23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 446>