Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 16:25
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

I hate Homeowner's Associations more than almost anything in the world. People complain about the government running everything, but then they let these f**king fascists  bully the neighborhood for their own good.

And it's outrageous that a piddly amount in dues gives some moronic group the right to steal your $300k home.

I would never buy property that involved a HOA.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 16:34

I hate Homeowner's Associations more than almost anything in the world. People complain about the government running everything, but then they let these f**king fascists  bully the neighborhood for their own good.
How the hell did anyone ever let such "organisations" get so powerful? It beggers belief.Confused
What?
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsewithteeth11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 16:48
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100630/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama

Sensitive to election-year resentment over big government, President Barack Obama declared Wednesday he intends to get "our debt and our deficits under control." With fears alive of a double-dip recession, Obama warned that he won't slash spending at the expense of the economic rebound.

That's it. I'm now absolutely convinced that this guy knows as much about economics as Bush.
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsewithteeth11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 16:50
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

And it's outrageous that a piddly amount in dues gives some moronic group the right to steal your $300k home.

Took the words right out of my mouth, Robert.

Edited by horsewithteeth11 - June 30 2010 at 16:51
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 17:44
Originally posted by horsewithteeth11 horsewithteeth11 wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100630/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama

Sensitive to election-year resentment over big government, President Barack Obama declared Wednesday he intends to get "our debt and our deficits under control." With fears alive of a double-dip recession, Obama warned that he won't slash spending at the expense of the economic rebound.

That's it. I'm now absolutely convinced that this guy knows as much about economics as Bush.
Or maybe he just knows a lot more than you. ;-)
if you own a sodastream i hate you
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 22:44

It's so much better when the government regulates some things in life... 

That's quite a nice image of America though: "go, defend your country, put your life on the line... meanwhile, we will make sure your house ends in good hands, because you know, greed is good!"

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 22:58
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

It's so much better when the government regulates some things in life... 

That's quite a nice image of America though: "go, defend your country, put your life on the line... meanwhile, we will make sure your house ends in good hands, because you know, greed is good!"

This has little to do with government regulation.

As I said, I wouldn't buy property involved in with a HOA.  People have free choice to not buy from these leeches.  No one forces you to join a HOA.  If you buy a home, you sign a document, and it's your responsibility to know what the HOA agreement is if you choose to move there.

I think HOAs are foolish and people should boycott HOAs.  While I say it's immoral, it's still legal.  Read contracts before you sign them.

Of course, T, you'd rather pray to and worship the government.  Sounds like religion to me.  Wink
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 23:56
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 09:43

Mental health talks fail

Am I wrong to think that maybe they're all crazy? Tongue

Pelicans released in Brunswick

I just hope they don't end up in the stew.

Edited by Slartibartfast - July 01 2010 at 09:43
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 13:53
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 14:38
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

meat flavored vodka from Wasilla.

Oh god that sounds awfulLOL

halabalushindigus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halabalushindigus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 15:20
you know they store that vodka on the Moon

assume the power 1586/14.3
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 15:46
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

meat flavored vodka from Wasilla.

Oh god that sounds awfulLOL

"I think there was some madness and some drunkenness involved, honestly,"  Naw...LOL

Edited by Slartibartfast - July 01 2010 at 15:46

harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 19:13
Access to broadband internet has now become a right guaranteed by law in Finland. Thumbs Up
KoS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 19:26
What does that mean?

Edited by KoS - July 01 2010 at 19:26
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 19:30
Originally posted by KoS KoS wrote:

What does that mean?

Server admins could be found guilty of human rights violations.  Tongue
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 19:37
I think it's more of a formal acknowledgment of something that's already happened - 97% of the population already has broadband internet at their homes. And it's a formal recognition of our need for / dependence on the Internet. Basically, they're saying something like "this thing has helped so much the quality of our lives that it would be wrong not to have it for everyone".
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 19:56
Speaking of the Internet, big crackdown on piracy.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 20:57

I've never used those sites, but CryLOL
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 21:01

awesome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 446>