Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI am happy and love great moozik

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 21:03
Sonia,
thanks for the videos.  i haven't seen any live stuff by them.  so great!  i mean, you really can't describe them because one minute it's heavy metal and the next it's disco...and there's no irony in it at all.  now, the question is, do we prefer daniel's hair long or short?  :-)  i like it short :)

have you heard any of his stuff with the flower kings?  it's funny to me how he was even involved with them because they are basically the polar opposite of PoS.  btw, the flower kings thread on here is cool if your into flower kings.  it's kind of it's own forum over there.

also, are you really in Africa?

peace
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 17:41
I am posting different tracks total opposites here and here is one of the more sentimental ones Wink

Edited by Kati - January 12 2013 at 17:42
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 17:39
Here's another completely different one, bounce bouce happy bounce yay!!! if you don't move with this one you best get help coz your heart must not be beating Wink 
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 17:36
Originally posted by zumacraig zumacraig wrote:

sorry i'm late to this thread, but i have to know, Sonia, is that you in your avatar picture?  just really curious because you might be the only female on this board.  your knowledge of prog is astounding.  you can definitely hold your own here.

anyway, i'm recently trying to get into Pain of Salvation.  wasn't too much of a fan of Daniel's until i saw a Transatlantic DVD with him.  he's great and the PoS is very progressive, in the truest sense of the word.  it's also a bit dark and harrowing to my ears and definitely not 'good time' music.  i hope to get a few more albums soon.  i only have the two road salt ones.  

also, are you really in mozambique?

Peace

Hello Zumacraig,
Thank you very much!!!! Of course it's me on the avatar pics Smile however, I hope I am not the only female on this board tho' Unhappy 

I can hold my own here coz I am not phased by anyone, I conquer anyone who is nice (or grumpy) with hugs Hug everyone needs hugs and I am a hugger Big smile

hihihi thank you for the compliment in terms of my prog knowleadge, I do have to disappoint you tho' a bit because I know I don't know much, I am eager and curious thus still keep discovering new bands or tracks that I have not heard before Wink I mention prog because it seems that I most inclined to it Tongue

You are sweet thank you for saying such nice things about me, thank you, Zumacraig Hug

In terms of Pain of Salvation, you'd be amazed how diverse they are plus Daniel Gildenlow has amazing vocals, 4 octaves and this is very rare. I'll post here 3 totally different songs and let's see if you like them ok? Smile this is one of my favorites :) [

Edited by Kati - January 12 2013 at 18:18
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 17:08
sorry i'm late to this thread, but i have to know, Sonia, is that you in your avatar picture?  just really curious because you might be the only female on this board.  your knowledge of prog is astounding.  you can definitely hold your own here.

anyway, i'm recently trying to get into Pain of Salvation.  wasn't too much of a fan of Daniel's until i saw a Transatlantic DVD with him.  he's great and the PoS is very progressive, in the truest sense of the word.  it's also a bit dark and harrowing to my ears and definitely not 'good time' music.  i hope to get a few more albums soon.  i only have the two road salt ones.  

also, are you really in mozambique?

Peace
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2013 at 11:45
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Oh wow, Merry belated Christmas to you too, Zravkapt and a happy New Year too!!! Awww I missed you comment, my sincere apologies, really Unhappy grrrr... I am still getting used to post on this site Confused

Thank you so much for your compliment about my drawings on the Corvus Stone album Hug

Only recently I am trying to change my drawing/paintings from canvas and paper to software, however I must add that I do not use any professional art software i.e. Photoshop or Corel Draw (also I have no idea how to operate those Confused), all my drawings are drawn by hand using paint (not to be confused with paint.net program) which comes standard with microsoft office under accessories lol Smile yep I am a Neanderthal, I know Unhappy still figuring out how this all works.
I only recently opened up an account with photobucket, all my drawings are public, the CS album pics on there I tried to add full size on there so you can see the details too http://s1279.beta.photobucket.com/user/Kati_SoniaMota/library/?view=stories#/user/Kati_SoniaMota/library/?view=stories&&_suid=135719056446209456916250540759 also I have made all my drawing public and large Wink if you want the originals I am most happy to send any of them to you via email (obviously without the stupid watermarks) again thank you very much and a huge HugBig smile  

Nice Animals holiday card! Hey, no probs.Hug Great stuff, I'll send you a PM.

Edited by zravkapt - January 06 2013 at 11:56
Magma America Great Make Again
lucas View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2013 at 06:04
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Lucas, AISLES this is another great band from Chile, I think they are excellent really Approve
If you have not heard of them before listen to this excellent, ok the vid is a tad prog (not necessary in a good way for others bu good too) Aisles with Mariachi, this is the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmUZEWoiAEI

Thank you Sonia, good reco indeed. Drumming reminds me of Bruford's.
"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2013 at 00:36
Originally posted by SolarLuna96 SolarLuna96 wrote:

Smile
kk Big smile TongueApproveHug
Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2013 at 00:24
Smile
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2013 at 00:17
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Austin does like his hugs Wink

Stern Smile
Hahahahaha!!! Horizons lolol funny that stern stunned or speechless smiley made me laugh lolol hahaha !!!
You, SolarLuna and moi,  3some hug yay!!! Big smile aha!! Shocked haha Wink and yay! Big smile
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2013 at 00:03

Stern Smile
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 23:58

haha!!! SolarLuna96 lolol I love cats too, so come here fluffy, let me hug you HugBig smile pretty please? Smile
Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 23:35
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 22:49
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Sonia, i'm really glad you've continued to post here. 

You've got taste and you don't cause ruckus.  

hahahaha!!! Horizons thank you so much Hug

Much appreciated really, thank you so much Smile

I need to hug you again Hug Big smile 
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 22:37
Sonia, i'm really glad you've continued to post here. 

You've got taste and you don't cause ruckus.  
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 21:26
Originally posted by lucas lucas wrote:

Hello Sonia, glad to see you in the forum.

I saw you like DFA, maybe you might enjoy another band from Italy, Deus Ex Machina, vocals are quite original but an acquired taste and the music very dynamic and...well...progressive !

Another good recommandation if you are into jazz-rock is Arti E Mestieri, with the iunbelievably stunning Furio Chirico on drums. The track "gravita 9.81" is a classic one in their repertoire, and you will notice the traditional folk dance touch with the violin in the chorus.

Also, you mentioned that Los Jaivas is one of your beloved bands. I was surprised when a colleague at university (who has bolivian roots) told me he knew them (I really thought only progsters were acquainted with them) : in fact Los Jaivas are superstars in South America. I like both their folk stuff and their more progressive one. From Chile, you might also like the band Congreso :

Lucas, AISLES this is another great band from Chile, I think they are excellent really Approve
If you have not heard of them before listen to this excellent, ok the vid is a tad prog (not necessary in a good way for others bu good too) Aisles with Mariachi, this is the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmUZEWoiAEI
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 21:10
Whoohaaaa I clicked on next track once it finshed Un sueno perdido, and hahahaha bang boom fab first try fab!!!! The beginning sounding very much like Gerry Mulligan turning into Coltrane (yes I like jazz, I even know that Gerry is white LOL) this is quite different to the previous track but love love this too!!! That piano too, I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Kati - January 04 2013 at 21:11
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 20:48

I saw you like DFA, maybe you might enjoy another band from Italy, Deus Ex Machina, vocals are quite original but an acquired taste and the music very dynamic and...well...progressive !

Another good recommandation if you are into jazz-rock is Arti E Mestieri, with the iunbelievably stunning Furio Chirico on drums. The track "gravita 9.81" is a classic one in their repertoire, and you will notice the traditional folk dance touch with the violin in the chorus.

Also, you mentioned that Los Jaivas is one of your beloved bands. I was surprised when a colleague at university (who has bolivian roots) told me he knew them (I really thought only progsters were acquainted with them) : in fact Los Jaivas are superstars in South America. I like both their folk stuff and their more progressive one. From Chile, you might also like the band Congreso :

Oh wow WOW!!!! Wow awww wow Lucas, listening right now to Congresso, oh wow, what I love the most is that most beautiful response by the guitar to the vocals, oh awwwww stunning, vocals are so good too, 1min12 till 1min26 flute that tune reminds me of another track can't quite point it out tho' and oh my I am in love with this track!!!! Tried to look them up on youtube but get other things not this band :( bah pls prettty please give me more to listen, I like them!!

ClapHug
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2013 at 23:43
Originally posted by zravkapt zravkapt wrote:

Merry Christmas Sonia!

I liked your artwork for the CS album. Do you have any links to see more of your work?

This drawing I made for a DJ friend of mine Big smile just for fun, it's all 100% hand-drawn tho'.
Oh wow, Merry belated Christmas to you too, Zravkapt and a happy New Year too!!! Awww I missed you comment, my sincere apologies, really Unhappy grrrr... I am still getting used to post on this site Confused

Thank you so much for your compliment about my drawings on the Corvus Stone album Hug

Only recently I am trying to change my drawing/paintings from canvas and paper to software, however I must add that I do not use any professional art software i.e. Photoshop or Corel Draw (also I have no idea how to operate those Confused), all my drawings are drawn by hand using paint (not to be confused with paint.net program) which comes standard with microsoft office under accessories lol Smile yep I am a Neanderthal, I know Unhappy still figuring out how this all works.
I only recently opened up an account with photobucket, all my drawings are public, the CS album pics on there I tried to add full size on there so you can see the details too http://s1279.beta.photobucket.com/user/Kati_SoniaMota/library/?view=stories#/user/Kati_SoniaMota/library/?view=stories&&_suid=135719056446209456916250540759 also I have made all my drawing public and large Wink if you want the originals I am most happy to send any of them to you via email (obviously without the stupid watermarks) again thank you very much and a huge HugBig smile  

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2012 at 23:05

Oh wow Lucas, bands from Chile seem to good!!!! This is another band I like a lot too!! Aisles and this track is so great too, In Sudden Walks - Mariachi.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXYjroQTMaMStar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>