Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2012 at 13:23
Thanks very much, my friend !
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2012 at 14:50
Double thanks Jim ! Clap Just left the BTF site where I've found this charming artist (or maybe more) from 1972.
The arrangements and melodies look great.

Franchi Giorgetti Talamo  : IL VENTO HA CANTATO PER ORE TRA I RAMI DEI VERSI D'AMORE

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2012 at 09:46
^
Nice album Pierre Thumbs Up

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 10:14
JONATHAN . SAME.
VERY RARE LP from 1969. Looks interesting Heart

In the second half of the 60's the italo-French duo Jonathan & Michelle had a certain popularity with a Dylan-inspired folk-rock, releasing five singles and an album between 1966 and 1968.
Around 1969-70 Jonathan, this was the nickname of Maurizio Pracchia from Livorno, issued a solo album for a small label from the Italian-speaking Switzerland, containing 12 songs with nice lyrics and built on 12-string guitar with and electric backing band, with a good use of flute.
Definitely not a progressive rock record, but far from the melodic song genre of many singer-songwriters, this album is rare, and has a luxury entirely laminated gatefold cover with a flap on the opening side.

progprogprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progprogprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 16:24
I felt sad due to some personal stuff, but after listening "Principe Di Un Giorno" I feel vulnerable and even more weak.It wasn't a good choice for now.

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 16:49
I am not very familiar with Italian Prog, but I listen to two outstanding Italian albums nowadays:
Blemmebeya - Akt

Una Strana Commedia - Mario Cottarelli
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 17:36
mmm....I played the Cottarelli at work today, great stuff.  Also Cervello and Panna Fredda, two of my old faves. 

progprogprog, sorry you are having a tough time, hang in there!Smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progprogprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 19:47
Thanks Finnforest.Time will heal the wound(at least I hope so).
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 19:57
Time heals....people keep telling me that....i think heal is the wrong word though.  Pain dozes off and you're able to move on....but it's there and sometimes it awakens again. 

Hug

dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 21:03
^ Good description indeed, Jim
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2012 at 02:13
To Prog 3.

Lyrics from the french female singer Barbara. I leave it to you to translate these words.

Et sans prévenir, ça arrive
Ça vient de loin
Ça c'est promené de rive en rive
Le rire en coin
Et puis un matin, au réveil
C'est presque rien
Mais c'est là, ça vous émerveille
Au creux des reins

La joie de vivre
La joie de vivre
Oh, viens la vivre
Ta joie de vivre

Pierre.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progprogprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2012 at 09:33
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Time heals....people keep telling me that....i think heal is the wrong word though.  Pain dozes off and you're able to move on....but it's there and sometimes it awakens again. 

Hug
Certainly Jim, no one can ignore it all the time, some day it awakens. But as time goes by, more maturity comes and that will make you cope with it better.

Edited by progprogprog - January 17 2012 at 09:41
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progprogprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2012 at 09:38
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

To Prog 3.

Lyrics from the french female singer Barbara. I leave it to you to translate these words.

Et sans prévenir, ça arrive
Ça vient de loin
Ça c'est promené de rive en rive
Le rire en coin
Et puis un matin, au réveil
C'est presque rien
Mais c'est là, ça vous émerveille
Au creux des reins

La joie de vivre
La joie de vivre
Oh, viens la vivre
Ta joie de vivre

Pierre.
Thank you Pierre.
I'm sure eventually  that morning will come for every one.
I'm really sorry guys, I saddened the atmosphere here.I just don't know why I brought that up here.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2012 at 13:39
MAURO PELOSI : IL SIGNORE DEI GATTI ( 1978)

Fourth and last Mauro Pelosi's album, this one is close to the third. The music is very varied, from folk to symphonic prog, country, reggae and more. And It works ! It's well done, never caricatural, sometimes magic.
The only song on youtube gives a little idea of this important italian artist's last will.

presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2012 at 14:03
Greetings, everybody!
       I have a question for you all, has anyone ever heard, or heard reference to, any live recordings of the RPI band Libra? Maybe from when they toured the US in '75? That would be totally awesome!
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2012 at 22:25
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

Greetings, everybody!
       I have a question for you all, has anyone ever heard, or heard reference to, any live recordings of the RPI band Libra? Maybe from when they toured the US in '75? That would be totally awesome!

Nothing official but maybe there's some boots around, although i haven't come across any.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2012 at 11:41
I´m listening to Stormy SIx´ L´Apprendista at the moment, and in some weird way I really believe that album cover reflects the music pretty well. Labyrinth like with small pitfalls and twisting corners. Add to that those unique vocals and voila!
Talking about labyrinths:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8G5BaIVEFw Big smile
My kind of mix between folk, RPI and fusion.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2012 at 12:01
Great album, David, but much for the head than for the heart. Un Biglietto Del Tram (1975) is nice too, very itlalian, politic and humorous. . Tongue

Andrea's review : http://www.progarchives.com/review.asp?id=325198

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2012 at 12:07
Yeah I get what you're saying Pierre, but my head is so hungry at the moment, and my heart went tick tick to the beat, and kind of said that it was okay, if my head went along with the music and enjoyed itselfBig smile
I actually have Biglietto and bought it along with this one, but I've been so into L'Apprendista that I haven't really paid much attention to Biglietto - I think I've only heard it a couple of times by nowEmbarrassed
That is clearly something I have to make up for - thanks for the reminder.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2012 at 12:20
You're welcome, my friend. One day we will talk about the RPI influence on the bodyBowdown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 358>