Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst abuse on PA ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 28>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 04:49
Is it still as frequent as people are making it out to be? I'm logged into the site and frequently making posts most days, and I haven't copped the Captcha in ages now, with the only exception of when I've gone to re-edit a post, and I completely expected it would play up then.

Unless anyone knows if there's particular things that set it off more than others, but I don't seem to be doing anything different than I normally would on the site.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 04:59
^ It happens to me most of the times. I don't post nearly as much as before now, also because there's not much being discussed. Unlike before, I can see every new post on the "Latest forum posts" when I visit the site in the morning.
Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatfabulousalien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 05:25
If I use an emoticon or copy something, I ALWAYS get it
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 07:53
Personally i never have a problem navigating the main site except sometimes the page is determined to go to a certain spot on the main page. However the forum section is quite irritating at times. Sometimes i have to refresh up to 20 times to post and there is no rhyme or reason as to why. The robot thing has only made it worse but is also random. This includes personal mail. It rarely wants me to respond to an email or post but creating a new one usually works out better. The site is just buggy overall. I still have faith in this site but it's clear that some major renovations are due. M@X should at least start a thread here to boost up moral and explain what the deal is. No one wants to hang out on a ship when the captains gone missing during the storm.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 09:18
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

The first time I tried posting this I got a snapchat and the lovable erased message afterwards. you gotta love this placeErmm
Here's my second try.

Yup got karpchad againDead

Second edit fails. Third edit fails. 
I'm done here. Have fun destroying your own site Max. It is working brilliantly.

and the downside to not knowing what you think about anything is what exactly?

Exactly.
You have nothing to fear.

But I, on the other hand, do. I personally can deal with Captcha as it hardly affects me me on my PC, and hasn't affected me on my MacBook or iPads at all, but losing the people that make this place worth visiting is another matter altogether.

It's sad to see a community die, and that has been my experience on the four boards I belonged to before joining this one (this one definitely lasted the longest and I am a one discussion board at a time kind of guy).

Hopefully people will get the chance to, and wish to, stay-in-touch whatever happens here.

You've perfectly summed up how I feel about this whole matter. I don't care if I have to click on street signs when I post, but this site has just felt really dead for the past month or two. It's been a week since I've been on here and, just coming back now, I can't say that there's anything I really miss, so I think I'll be following suit with David and saying adieu to PA altogether.
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 09:24
^ Wow. The site is hemorarrhaging and no one is jumping in to stop it. I guess the owner has given up or just doesn't care any more. RIP, PA. I hope some provides life support soon before it's too late :Cry

Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 09:48
What could actually be done? Is there a way to somehow make a copy of the site and put it on another domain if it goes down or something like that? Would writing some kind of petition that we could all sign and PM to M@X be worth it? I can't believe he's given up, he still logs in regularly.
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 09:53
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Is it still as frequent as people are making it out to be? I'm logged into the site and frequently making posts most days, and I haven't copped the Captcha in ages now, with the only exception of when I've gone to re-edit a post, and I completely expected it would play up then.

Unless anyone knows if there's particular things that set it off more than others, but I don't seem to be doing anything different than I normally would on the site.

Got one today myself.

As for things that trigger it...emoticons, quotes, and pasting seem to be the major hot buttons for the robot test. (at least for me) Not doing those things has decreased the frequency a bit for me, but still...not being able to do those things easily is annoying.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 09:53
^ that's a good sign at least. I hope he's taking note of the dwindling participation on the site and develops a plan to give this site the much needed boost that it needs. Personally i think this is just an uncomfortable bump in the road and once things are ironed out, the masses will return to a smoother more stream-lined site. In the meantime, this is still an outstanding resource in my world :)

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 10:26
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

^ that's a good sign at least. I hope he's taking note of the dwindling participation on the site and develops a plan to give this site the much needed boost that it needs. Personally i think this is just an uncomfortable bump in the road and once things are ironed out, the masses will return to a smoother more stream-lined site. In the meantime, this is still an outstanding resource in my world :)

Exactly - I totally subscribe your thoughts, thk U for expressing them so neatly !
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 11:03
Yeah, it can be a real pain for sure. Last night I didn't even bother reposting a message I started after it was lost. A few times I have copied the message just in case but I wasn't expecting a captcha again and so I forgot. 
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 11:54
Originally posted by Larkstongue41 Larkstongue41 wrote:

What could actually be done? Is there a way to somehow make a copy of the site and put it on another domain if it goes down or something like that? Would writing some kind of petition that we could all sign and PM to M@X be worth it? I can't believe he's given up, he still logs in regularly.

I don't see a petition as having any impact beyond the informal petitioning that is occurring in this and similar threads. But it might be time to inquire about a purchase.

Edited by Tapfret - June 05 2017 at 11:55
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 12:30
You could probably make a static backup of the site by recursive wget.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 17:32
If this could only be solved with precision and elegance like urinating in Japan Big smile

Edited by siLLy puPPy - June 05 2017 at 17:32

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 17:45
^The sign gives me the impression that the location has experienced enough vacillation and crudeness of urination that a sign was deemed requisite.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2017 at 19:27
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Originally posted by Kepler62 Kepler62 wrote:

It's become obvious. Nobody seem to give a sh*t about this site anymore. That's what I've been hearing. Most of the bands in the data base aren't really prog bands. I mean what is The Mahavishnu Orchestra doing here? Some of  the other sites are definitely more focused. When I first came here I went whaaaat? I'm pretty much done with this robot sh*t and juvenile why don't girls like prog threads. 

Yup the robot sh*t is tiresome, and we all wish M@X would come to his sense...
And yes, the women thread is definitely not the bestthread around, but if you're stopping at that, then don't let the door hit you in the back after you slam it when leaving this place Big smile

The quicker the betterTongue

Hahaha
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2017 at 04:39
Time to send PM's to M@X. I'm visually impaired and this captcha sh*t is a nightmare for me on particular days. I hope others do the same.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2017 at 05:39
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2017 at 06:00
Note to the Admins (and probably with the ex-Admin), does anyone have M@X's telephone number?

Maybe talking to him could alarm him? I mean talking to him not texting him
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2017 at 06:03
I haven't had the captcha for a while but on my last post I did. Unfortunately because my work Internet is sh*te at the moment, the web page couldn't connect to the captcha, so I got the pictures with street signs, ticked them, then got a long code that I had to copy and paste into a text box.

And then I still got blocked. Censored
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 28>