Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRoads to Damascus (UK) for Neo Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roads to Damascus (UK) for Neo Prog
    Posted: August 14 2015 at 09:20
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2015 at 03:59

RTD 2014 Promo 2

Short Bio

“Roads To Damascus gives a substance to the Bizarre minds of Calum “Cammy”Jamieson & Steve Simms, who work with a cast of session musicians when recording and gigging. Steve & Cammy are RTD and they live in the North East of Scotland.

In 2008, as guitarist and songwriter Calum, neared completion of an hour long concept piece, he realized that he needed a singer, who could bring his songs to life. He found via a local music website, Steve who added his own drama to the dark and sometimes, tongue-in-cheek word play, contributing lyrics to 2 instrumental tunes, and editing some phrasing to suit his vocal style, as he said “Those lines are great mate, but at some point I will want to breathe”. They then enlisted the help of local drummer Matt Wright to record their eponymous album now known as “One”. Calum played all the other instruments on the album, which was the produced by Niall Mathews (of PALLAS fame) at his Crathes Mill Studio. “One” was released in December 2009.

For the second album “R2D2″, they enlisted the help of drummer Dave White and Mike Bruce, who both have a huge amount of experience in UK bands. Cammy played keyboards on the album. They briefly recruited a keyboardist for LIVE shows, but that never worked out, although the band gigged for a year on the back of the second albums release in April 2012 through MELODIC REVOLUTION RECORDS, who signed them on the strength of it.

Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2015 at 07:36
^Thanks Omid.  I will look into these and notify the rest of the team.
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2015 at 12:00
Thumbs Up
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2016 at 09:40
AND?!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2016 at 09:58
The Neo den appears to be closed for remodeling.  Not much activity in that thread in the past month.  Two new members were added, but they don't appear to have voted yet.
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2016 at 11:23
Thanks for answer. I just curious to know about them in PA. I guess they don't add to chart and when you (as a band or artist) don't add to chart , ofcourse you don't have votes!

Edited by O666 - January 08 2016 at 11:26
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2016 at 15:44
This band hasn't even been added to the Neo evaluation chart yet: http://progfreak.com/Roads-to-Damascus-163796.html. No PA tab exists. Ermm Neo team just have one ongoing evaluation - Blind Orphans, with no activity evident in that particular chart either in the last five months (just two long-since-cast 'move' votes from Roj and Matti). As Scott suggests, it looks like the cobwebs are hanging from the ceiling in the Neo den right now.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2016 at 16:13
They noted that the vote was 2 - 0 in favor of adding them, they just need 3 votes for the OK.  One of the two new team members will have to vote yes for them.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2016 at 17:10
Are they no longer using progfreak then Scott? I know sometimes Mike has to help out with adding new team members after a previous team leader leaves and there is no one left in the team with the authority to do so, but it can be done...When I was in the Crossover team I helped angelmk add new members to the Post Rock team on progfreak when he was its leader, and he didn't know how do it himself, by first contacting Mike about the issue via the messaging facility on that site.
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2016 at 08:15
Its happened to "Elleven" band too. There are NO reply for Neo Prog suggestions and they (Neo Prog Team's members) ignore suggestions easily.Disapprove
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2016 at 09:13
No one is ignoring anything. We are all volunteers, and we happen to have lives outside PA - sometimes having to deal with serious issues. Taking an accusatory tone - as if team members enjoyed keeping bands out of the database on purpose - is not going to help.
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2016 at 09:30
Ofcourse you right. Sorry if I upset you. I don't mean negative. All of us have our troubles in our life. But we talk about PA. The best reference for Progressive Rock band site. P.A isn't a small folk music site. Many people (like me) search new releases in PA first . Bands that be or not to be! in PA is important for me and affect to my decide about that. 
Some of these suggestions are from 5-6 months earlier not one week or two weeks ago.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2016 at 09:01
Although this has never been a case of a team deliberately ignoring suggestions (I don't believe that ever happens on PA), it must be said that nothing appears to have happened in the Neo camp for a very long time now. Roj posted in the Maroon(ed) thread at the beginning of February that "it's been a turbulent time in the Neo Team, comings, goings, family bereavements, problems with Progfreak.....  However we are now three again.  Hopefully Progfreak problems behind us and Maroon(ed) ready to be evaluated."

However, despite two new members being added to the team back then, neither has ever logged into progfreak, and neither has Roj since he added Maroon(ed) into the Neo chart at that time. Despite the injection of this fresh blood, nothing has changed, it seems.

Team Neo must therefore be considered to be in a totally dysfunctional state at the moment, no bands added to the Neo sub at all in 2016, and there appears to be no response to suggestions posted in their team thread by collabs from other subs either.

I know that real life problems can often impact on the amount of time that can be devoted to PA activities, but I think when a team is effectively out of action for this length of time something needs to be done. I'm just hoping that whatever has caused these quite long-term problems in the Neo camp can somehow be resolved very soon.
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2016 at 09:43
I don't get it completely. They were 5 members and all of them had problems in their real life in same time! Then they were 3 members and add 2 new members (or 1 member add 2 new members!)  that have problems in their real life? Confused
Very interesting story for me if I got it correctly. I guess I mistake about it. I really like to know about it.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2016 at 20:41
Finally added. Thanks for your patience. Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply