FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2016 NHL Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 14:46
Crosby's out, bad news for the Caps.

Everybody knows that Malkin can humiliate a rival all by himself.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 16:40
4 goals in a playoff game? Wow for Pageau...a nice , humble kid too....
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 07:16
Crosby out for game 4, did not see game 3 or the hit, but Sid is prone to concussions (he has way too many of these).  Caps needed that game, but as Barbu mentioned, we'll see if Malkin can step it up a notch...
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 10:07
great to see the Rangers not completely collapse after blowing game 2. It felt strange to watch them be so dominant.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 10:20
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Crosby out for game 4, did not see game 3 or the hit, but Sid is prone to concussions (he has way too many of these).  Caps needed that game, but as Barbu mentioned, we'll see if Malkin can step it up a notch...

IMO it wasn't enough to warrant the major penalty and the game misconduct. He absolutely was cross checked in the face, but he was slipping/falling so it didn't seem intentional. (of course, I'm sure the effort to miss his face was minimal)

Ovi's slash beforehand was definitely intentional...but it was a weird ricochet to hit his head so idk...seems like an overblown situation.

But if out for awhile could be the turning point for the Caps to finally not choke.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 12:06
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Crosby's out, bad news for the Caps.

Everybody knows that Malkin can humiliate a rival all by himself.

until Malkin leaves tonights game for the hospital seeing 3 of whoever it was that decked him mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha LOL

yeah... the closed door meeting after game 2 has been of great interest...  no one is saying or would say anything as to what was said..highly irregular..leading some to think they talked of taking out Crosby.. that is bullsh*t but likely something akin....it likely was to not forget the one distinct advantage Washington has... their size and physically and to counter their speed by knocking their teeth out LOL

Agreed.. the hit was clean not dirty. Note... they only put up 2 minutes originally.. and of course changed it to 5 and a game misconduct when it was apparent who got hit and he wasn't getting up. Unhappy

Edited by micky - May 03 2017 at 12:09
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 13:02
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

IMO it wasn't enough to warrant the major penalty and the game misconduct. He absolutely was cross checked in the face, but he was slipping/falling so it didn't seem intentional. (of course, I'm sure the effort to miss his face was minimal)

Ovi's slash beforehand was definitely intentional...but it was a weird ricochet to hit his head so idk...seems like an overblown situation.

But if out for awhile could be the turning point for the Caps to finally not choke.

if it is indeed a 'concussion'..  I doubt he'll be back. Not with his history. As everyone knows... it was a just hockey play.  NO WAY they risk him long term just for this series or even this year...  especially as most suspect this series is just only to get more physical and viscous as the Caps play to what worked in game 3 and play their strenghts... not trying to beat the Pens at theirs...especially if Pittsburgh falls into the trap of trying to out hit and out physical the Caps as they did in Game 3 and get away from their game.

re: Ovie's slash.. yeah man...  that was one of the most exciting and tight games I've seen in quite some time and agree with those who say that game was the best of the entire playoffs so far.. but god almighty it was also the WORST officiated of any of them.  I nearly spilled my beer all over myself when we hooked Cullen on that near breakaway and there was NO penalty called. Dreadful officiating in Game 3. Hopefully for both sides they step up their game for this vital game 4.  
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 07:03
Pens up 3 to 1.  Tonight's game should be interesting, we'll see if the Caps are psychologically damaged or not.  Does not look like Crosby will play again.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 08:41
lol...  of course they are LOL  You know what they say about the mental side of sports...

how else to explain this bullsh*t man Beer  About the time Holtby gave up the 3rd goal.. on what.. the 12th shot.. I said f**k it ..the Pens are completely in this francises head.

Anyhow... Baseball season is upon us LOL 

re Crosby.. no doctor alive signs off on him playing before playing next fall. 

Shouldn't really hurt them.. like last year.. really only the Caps had the talent to beat them and baring a completely return to form of Holtby and his defenders this series is lover... and besides if this had been a one player team no way they win the cups they have.  They'll be fine without him, not as good, but christ man.. they are heads and shoulders above everyone else seemingly.
Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 09:59
Actually Crosby should be back pretty soon he had a full regular practice yesterday. I don't think they'll take any chance for game 5 but he'll be back for game 6 or the first game of the conference final depending on the result no doubt.

And yeah, I don't know what's in the water in Pittsburgh but the Pens are playing so good since Sullivan is head coach. IMO they're the worst team in the playoffs on paper besides Ottawa. But they seem to play each shift as if it was they very last and they're having success. I used to dislike this team a couple of years ago but all I can say now is... props.

What a blowout in Anaheim last night..
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 10:21
ohhh.... I'd take a bet with you on that one.  He doesn't need doctor's clearence to skate..  seriously..  he'd be one bad hit away from.. god knows what. Sorry.. I don't see any doctor giving him clearance so soon, he can get hit.. will get hit... and let's be honest. This is one rich motherf**ker just starting the downside of his career. He's won cups.. what does he have to prove. Would he want to come back?  Publically you say what you have to say.. but deep down?  He is one bad hit away from... god knows what.   Athletes these days do understand what this all about.. forget the football machismo...they can and are retiring early rather than risk spending the rest of their lives drooling upon themselves.

anyhow....Cyber paycheck he doesn't play again this year... I'm obvviously no fan of his.. but he isn't an idiot. Why take the risk.

Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 11:21
I agree that the consequences of another concussion could be fatal and it would surely be more reasonable to keep away from the game for a little while but honestly he practiced on a regular line yesterday (with Hornqvist and Guentzel I believe) and said in interviews he was ready to come back as soon as the protocol was passed. Sullivan also said he was confident to see Crosby come back in this series. Hell he might even play tonight although that would be careless and stupid. I suspect he did not even have a concussion on Niskanen's hit or a very mild one if any. Perhaps just shook a little and the medical staff preferred not to take any chance.

If there's a game 7 or if they win another one against Washington and reach the ECF, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he'll play.

Edited by Larkstongue41 - May 06 2017 at 11:45
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 13:26
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

About the time Holtby gave up the 3rd goal.. on what.. the 12th shot.. I said f**k it .

Hey, I have one for you, his name's Carey Price.

I'll take Kuznetsov and Backstrom but you'll finally have a real chance to win the Cup.

I can give you Nate the Great too...but you keep Eller.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 05:55
happy to be wrong about Crosby... but shocked they allowed him out there.  That said, it is different game today. I remember one of the color guys noting back in Game 1 that Ovie had a chance to absolutely destroy Crosby behind the net one time and let off of him.  Perhaps it was respect, or fear of the league.  There was another case last night in the 3rd where another Cap could have leveled him, he had the puck and was set up to be levelled.. and the player didn't.  Still... shocked he or any doctor would take the chance.

however like all Caps fans.. happy to see him back. If we lose we lose.. but if we win these next two.. we sure as hell want him in there.

Finally after 11 playoff games this year.. that 3rd period was what we saw over 82 games over the regular season.  If 3rd period Holtby plays to what he can, and had, and Fleury loses half a step... they most certainly can with both. For all that crap thrown at Ovie.. I think any hockey fan saw what the problem was.. now just against the Pens but earlier against the Leafs.. Holtby simply was not playing up to his Vezina worthy (x2 years) standards.

woo hooo.. for game 6. Beer
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 07:13
^Also shocked that Crosby played.  Well, well we may now have a series!  Holtby got in the zone in the 3rd period and Fleury let the flood gates open.

Game on!  Beer

%$&#^*&($# captcha 3 times because an emoticon
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 07:29
yep..... game on!!! Beer
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 14:12
even if the caps blow it in game 7, I'm quite surprised they didn't choke until this point. :p
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 18:48
They have finally woken up, who would have thought?
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 19:13
Looks like the Sens will reach the conference final.

I'm impressed.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 20:17
Rangers had there chance...blowing those two games in Ottawa, they deserved to lose.

Oh well. Seems as if the King is destined to be without a ring.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>