Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems, problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 22:30
On the Midnight Mumps album page by Gryphon, it looks like Easy Livin inserted an italic command somewhere but forgot to close it rendering all following text to be in italics. Not sure if this is a major problem but i hate reading entire reviews in italics.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=478

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2017 at 05:31
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Over the last few weeks, I've encountered several instances where a post of a review will show up on the Facebook page of the site, but when you go to the main page of the site, the review is nowhere to be seen.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I only know one situation it will happen in this way ...
the review won't appear on the main page when you have assigned a rating beforehand and then add the text later

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2017 at 23:32
Guys, I've just been contacted by a band pointing out that they'd had a member from the Archives - Melinbone - let them know that they'd posted a review for their latest album, but the review is nowhere to be found on the site. Which has reminded me of something I meant to bring up a few weeks ago....

Over the last few weeks, I've encountered several instances where a post of a review will show up on the Facebook page of the site, but when you go to the main page of the site, the review is nowhere to be seen.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 04:40
Hi M@x

Could you please re-analyse the script on the bands Bio section ?
When the Bio  exceeds one page of text, the code for the link "Read more" at the bottom somehow "collides" with any hyperlink we may embed in the text itself, scrambling all the page.
This only happens on certain circumstances which, at least partially, I have detected and may pass on to you with examples, if needed.

Thanks and cheers
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2017 at 05:17
^ Sometimes it's 3 times in a row lately. Then I don't bother. It really kills the enthusiasm.
I miss Catcher10 - Jose. Looks like CAPCHA has claimed another victim.......
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2017 at 03:25
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I've been craptcha'd more times in the last few days than the last few months. This thing is f**king this site over. Why can't it just f**k off and die. Go infiltrate another site. What good is it doing anyway ?? It does a great job pissing me off

Craptcha systematically denies me access to my first post of the day on any subject (Collab zone incl), but afterwards, it's often absent, whether I post YT or emoticons

I must say that the frigging thing is certainly testing my love for this place. AngryOuch

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2017 at 03:09
Testing.

Nope.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2017 at 11:01
Just for a personally update about this site. I used to have all these problems as well. Once i updated my operation system for my Mac all of these problems went away. I do get the occassional "Are you a robot?" box checking action but other than that this site has been relatively problem free. I highly recommend keeping totally current on software updates and the like. Of course this is only my experience. A room of one is a lonely one indeed on a chat forum so i hope you all can weather this storm

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2017 at 10:03
I've been craptcha'd more times in the last few days than the last few months. This thing is f**king this site over. Why can't it just f**k off and die. Go infiltrate another site. What good is it doing anyway ?? It does a great job pissing me off

Edited by Tom Ozric - September 07 2017 at 10:04
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2017 at 17:22
9/4 was one of the worst reCaptcha days in many weeks for me. Nothing since. 
That being said, the entire internet is sailing along better today than it has in weeks.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2017 at 11:20
I'm getting too, but so few when compared with a few weeks back ...!!?
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2017 at 10:56
still getting it today too 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2017 at 12:40
^ still happens for me when I post pictures and emoticons. (probably the same with link as well, but I haven't tried that one in awhile) 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2017 at 11:59
For the past 2 days I've experienced so little captchas, virtually none today, that I'm starting to think something has changed (by M@x, possibly) - or is it just me?
Any thoughts ?
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2017 at 04:37
^ No longer, you big mouth ! LOL
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2017 at 04:36
Literally was just about to post the same thing, Quinino!

Both the main site page and the exclusive `Super Secret Sex Dungeon Lined With Hookers and Drugs' Admin only section!

Shhhh, it's a secret...
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2017 at 04:33
Is it just me - please confirm ?

Since late yesterday can't get to login on the main site or admin page with a message about VBScript error
(No problem on the forum)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2017 at 19:35
Now the site is wiggin' out totally. On the homepage it insists on going to a certain part of the page and sometimes it can't decide and pings back and forth between two spots. It's the weirdest thing i've ever seen on here!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2017 at 17:32
Thanks! My tail wags :)

This Walk Cycle Wednesday, you get to decide if this tail belongs to a horse or a dog.  I drew the animation as a wagging line first, then once the motion looked right, I drew the tail over it.

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2017 at 17:07
^
Yep, same here.  Ads on certain pages "pull" you from what you want to look at, to the ad.  Unreal. 

(By the way, Puppy, your ELO review was really good)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>