Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems, problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2022 at 12:31
Very slow again today - every page taking a minute or so to load.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2022 at 16:56
In the last hour, I've got this message on both PA's homepage and PA's forum.
(error code 523)

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2022 at 16:58
^ every once and awhile I also experience this. (including like an hour ago or whatever)
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2022 at 02:54
My long and elaborate post is gone thanks to this shіt popping up again.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2022 at 03:15
www.progarchives.com | 524: A timeout occurred

I don't know about anyone else, but over the past 3 or 4 days, I have only been able to access our archive about 50% of the time? I am receiving the above message countless times now, to the point where I'm starting to use other sources. I have switched browser, to no avail. It doesn't affect the forum area. Is anyone else having the same problems? I have been getting it intermittently ever since I returned to PA, but this week has been the worst. It's got to the stage where I click on a band, almost expecting not to be able to get through to their discography which is immensely frustrating and defeats the object of the site??
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2022 at 04:44
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

www.progarchives.com | 524: A timeout occurred

I don't know about anyone else, but over the past 3 or 4 days, I have only been able to access our archive about 50% of the time? I am receiving the above message countless times now, to the point where I'm starting to use other sources. I have switched browser, to no avail. It doesn't affect the forum area. Is anyone else having the same problems? I have been getting it intermittently ever since I returned to PA, but this week has been the worst. It's got to the stage where I click on a band, almost expecting not to be able to get through to their discography which is immensely frustrating and defeats the object of the site??

Yeah, the same thing has been happening for me. On several occasions I've been receiving the 524 message, but on other times, everything works completely smoothly. Very inconsistent Confused
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2022 at 04:59
Originally posted by Necrotica Necrotica wrote:

Yeah, the same thing has been happening for me. On several occasions I've been receiving the 524 message, but on other times, everything works completely smoothly. Very inconsistent Confused

Do we know what the route cause is Brendan? Is this likely to be temporary or more long term?
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2022 at 07:23
I had the same experience, but I was hoping it was because the admin's were working to fix the problems caused by PA being hacked, discussed here: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=129492&PN=1
“I don’t like country music, but I don’t mean to denigrate those who do. And for those who like country music, denigrate means to ‘put down.'” – Bob Newhart
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 14:30
Does anyone know what's happening with progfreak? 
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 14:42
^ Seems like it's the new version.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 14:50
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

^ Seems like it's the new version.

is there a link?

Edited by Cristi - January 11 2023 at 14:50
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 15:13
I'm not sure to understand.

Here is the link I have: https://progfreak.com/
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 15:31
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

I'm not sure to understand.

Here is the link I have: https://progfreak.com/

thanks

I prefer the old site.

Where's the new artists under evaluation list? Embarrassed
PM team needs to be updated. 

projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 16:00
^ I agree that this new version seems incomplete. There is not much information. Who is responsible for the switch? Maybe we should contact him/her?
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 16:32
There is currently a post on the right side in the PA Crossover section of Progfreak that currently states:

"As was announced in December, we have now upgraded the website. Over the last half year I heard nothing from any genre team (member), so I did not prioritize the pa genre charts. Of course I know that they are still being used. If you are a genre team member or manager, please use the feedback link above to get in touch, if you have any questions about the new website. I'm currently busy with the cleanup after deactivating the old website, but in a couple of days I will probably be able to re-activate the editing functionality here."

Right now, I'm unable to vote and the PA section isn't working as expected. I'm not familiar with who runs Progfreak, but somebody here who is in the know maybe ought to get in touch. I guess we can tally things up in the team threads for the time being??

Edited by progaardvark - January 11 2023 at 16:34
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 19:32
The guy who built progfreak left this site long ago. His name is Mike, I will see if I can find his member profile.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 19:53
Here he is:

https://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=1923

Edited by Easy Money - January 11 2023 at 19:54
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2023 at 06:48
Anyone having luck with Progfreak yet?
"Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2023 at 07:22
Progfreak is a hot mess at the moment.

On the Psych page there is this. My guess is we just need to wait for some cleanup.

As was announced in December, we have now upgraded the website. Over the last half year I heard nothing from any genre team (member), so I did not prioritize the pa genre charts. Of course I know that they are still being used. If you are a genre team member or manager, please use the feedback link above to get in touch, if you have any questions about the new website. I'm currently busy with the cleanup after deactivating the old website, but in a couple of days I will probably be able to re-activate the editing functionality here.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2023 at 06:22
cannot add albums : 

Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005'

Operation not Allowed

/Post_submittitle.asp, line 25

I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>