Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 NHL Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 12:13
One reason the Knights will win the Stanley Cup: Those guys never give up under any circumstances.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 14:30
^ yeah, it's hard to find a major fault with this team 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 11:27
What the f**k Marc-André?
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 14:29
While fluery hasn't been great, it's not like the knights offense is going bananas. Have they run out of gas? was the west really that bad this year? 

I think they'll pick it up in game 5, and Washington will win it at home in game 6. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2018 at 21:56
Well congrats to the caps. They certainly out played the knights and got the job done with their backs against the wall their entire playoff run. 
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2018 at 22:55
Being a fan of Joe Thornton I am always rooting for the guy trying to get the choker label off his back. Congrats to Ovechkin. Although I think Backstrom should have gotten the Conn Smythe. Just glad we are done with the insufferable Vegas story.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2018 at 23:55
I think Ovi was a good choice, leading scorer in the playoffs, emotional leader of the team, captain, etc. Although I think a good case could have been made for Fleury as well...although I suppose his final four games probably squashed that idea. 
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 13:02
Congrats to the Caps, they finally did it. Ovi had paid his dues so to speak.

Where is Micky?  Its your time to bathe in the glory!
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2018 at 19:40
The 2018-19 regular season is approaching/A Question to Habs fans:

After many games Carey Price will start crying saying that the partisans (who pay his salary btw-15 millions this year) are not nice to him?

1. One game
2. Two games
3. Three games
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 18:22
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Congrats to the Caps, they finally did it. Ovi had paid his dues so to speak.

Where is Micky?  Its your time to bathe in the glory!

hahaha.. oh I have been... if I told you I've been on a 3 month celebration bender would you believe me.

As a long suffereing Caps fan since 1980... you better believe I have been. Never thought I'd see it happen.  Was pandemonium here.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with the upcoming season... 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 19:49
Excellent work by the Canadiens management this summer and great move today with the Pacioretty trade. The goalie is still there unfortunately but we can't have everything, of course. Still quite poor on defense but that's what happen when you give so much money to one goaltender. The attack have changed completely, at last, and should be quite interesting to watch in the years to come.

Coach Julien is still there too, for better or worse (should have retired 5 years ago imo) and I'm not sure he'll be able to deal with young, very fast, offensive minded players.

Anyway, I like and am quite positive about this new approach.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 21:24
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Excellent work by the Canadiens management this summer and great move today with the Pacioretty trade. The goalie is still there unfortunately but we can't have everything, of course. Still quite poor on defense but that's what happen when you give so much money to one goaltender. The attack have changed completely, at last, and should be quite interesting to watch in the years to come.

Coach Julien is still there too, for better or worse (should have retired 5 years ago imo) and I'm not sure he'll be able to deal with young, very fast, offensive minded players.

Anyway, I like and am quite positive about this new approach.

it's finally a good move by Bergevin, because it gets a better than expected return for Pacioretty while most benefits won't be felt for several years.  In other words, they remain weaker than last season, or at best no better than last season, while their competitors have improved.  This hopefully means another finish near the basement and another high draft pick in the spring.  The team is rebuilding whether they admit it or not, and that's good.  Just too bad they will have Price hanging around and possibly stealing enough games to put them in the 17-22 ranking.  But hopefully he will suck, or the team will be so unable to score (after all, most of their biggest scorers and playmakers are gone) that it won't matter how well he plays.  The only downside to this season will be that I suspect the team will be painful to watch.  They won't be one of those young teams that loses 7-6 most nights.  Most losses will range from 3-0 to 7-2.  Ouch

Edited by kenethlevine - September 10 2018 at 21:25
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 08:40
^ Let's hope Suzuki will make the team this autumn but yeah the next couple of years should be very painful...things should start to get really interesting in 20-21.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 09:19
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

^ Let's hope Suzuki will make the team this autumn but yeah the next couple of years should be very painful...things should start to get really interesting in 20-21.

fingers crossed that Bergevin doesn't make any more poor decisions or alienate more players.  And that Laval is finally on the right track with the new coach.  And that, by the time the roster looks better, there is a new GM and coach who realize it's now several decades into the 21st century and not still 1992
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 10:18
I think they're on the right track now..looks like last year results really shooked them up. Bergevin was quite arrogant a year and a half ago but he's definitely a good GM and it's a good thing he's still in charge imo. Like I said, I think Julien lost it many years ago (the reason why Pacorietty asked for a trade?) and Bouchard will be next guy behind the bench before long - or Ducharme maybe (2 years max).

Edited by Barbu - September 11 2018 at 11:13
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 07:46
The demolition work is complete in Ottawa.

Looked at the sens rooster last night after I've heard of the Karlsson trade and...I cried.

Good work, Havoc Melnyk!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345