Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Norwegian Prog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2021 at 01:34
Originally posted by tamijo_II tamijo_II wrote:

saws reading trough most of this and wonder why nobody seemed to mention Green Carnation.
I think they are brilliant.
Excellent ! I've got two albums of this band. Smile
dauinghorn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2022 at 05:48
Elds Mark II is coming soon, probably March/April. Here's a little teaser :)

https://youtu.be/I02Y8cayRIQ

The first one was probably a bit forgotten, as it was released February 2020 (we all know what happened that month in Europe... Complete lockdown etc.).
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2022 at 06:06
^ Lookin' forward to hearing it!!!
Zeph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2022 at 07:55
I discovered Elds Mark sometime last year and really like the first album. Certainly looking forward to the sequel!
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2022 at 10:20
Lot of interesting coming from North Pole, I got several albums by
Wobbler /Kvazar/ Terje Rypdal/Jan Garbarek/Retroheads/Gazpacho/Jordsjö/Stille opror/Magic pie/Morild/ White Willow/Rhys Marsh/Gargamel/Ravana/In these murky waters/Nordagust/Kerrs pink/Lumen drones/Opium Cartel/Riis Bjorn/Airbag/Motropsycho/Swifan eohl and the Mudra choir....

Edited by mellotronwave - February 04 2022 at 10:21
Livgren View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Livgren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2022 at 10:24
Hi. If anyone is interested, just today the Norwegian band Conception has released a new track: Monument in Time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD59SWXZtJ8 Smile

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2022 at 10:28
Originally posted by Livgren Livgren wrote:

Hi. If anyone is interested, just today the Norwegian band Conception has released a new track: Monument in Time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD59SWXZtJ8 Smile

thanks ! Thumbs Up
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2022 at 10:50
Originally posted by Livgren Livgren wrote:

I listened to it earlier today. Very cool!
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2022 at 13:47
Originally posted by dauinghorn dauinghorn wrote:

Elds Mark II is coming soon, probably March/April. Here's a little teaser :)

https://youtu.be/I02Y8cayRIQ

The first one was probably a bit forgotten, as it was released February 2020 (we all know what happened that month in Europe... Complete lockdown etc.).
Really enjoyed the whole "forest prog" vibe of Elds Mark I, very evocative music. Looking forward to II.

Edited by Mascodagama - February 04 2022 at 13:48
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Jackal3000 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 08:30
I really like the first album! Any further news on a release date for the CD?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2022 at 02:20
I guess Elds Mark II will be released on CD late april. The pressing is done in Norway, so it will go fast. The LP will probably take a lot longer.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2022 at 03:25
Friends! Finally the 3LP boxset from The Chronicles of Father Robin is coming to life! This is a band with roots back to 1993 and the Scandinavian Prog Revival. It's the "baby" of Andreas Prestmo, the vocalist from Wobbler, and the music is Progressive Rock and Folk with a mystic, dreamy and forest-like vibe. Just check out "Twilight Fields", which came out as an EP back in 2012 (and will be a part of the box set as well). Do support!

https://fatherrobin.com/crowdfunding

Twilight Fields:
https://youtu.be/tfX3ReI4vbM
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2022 at 04:19
Recent prog discoveries.....

ARTIST                       GENRE                     COUNTRY                    YEARS ACTIVE

Caligonaut                   Crossover Prog          Norway                           2021
Gazpacho                    Crossover Prog          Norway                        2003-2020
Magic Pie                     Symphonic Prog        Norway                        2005-2019
Shamblemaths              Eclectic Prog            Norway                         2016-2021
The Windmill                Heavy Prog              Norway                         2010-2018

I just need to somehow find the time to listen to them all now. Embarrassed
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2022 at 13:37
Originally posted by dauinghorn dauinghorn wrote:

Friends! Finally the 3LP boxset from The Chronicles of Father Robin is coming to life! This is a band with roots back to 1993 and the Scandinavian Prog Revival. It's the "baby" of Andreas Prestmo, the vocalist from Wobbler, and the music is Progressive Rock and Folk with a mystic, dreamy and forest-like vibe. Just check out "Twilight Fields", which came out as an EP back in 2012 (and will be a part of the box set as well). Do support!

Twilight Fields:
https://youtu.be/tfX3ReI4vbM

Looks fantastic!! i'm really intrigued! Would love to pre-order a copy but will have to check my finances first!Ermm

omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2022 at 14:15
Favorite active Norwegian bands

Wobbler
Motorpsycho 
Leprous
Needlepoint 
Caligonaut
Shamblemaths
Seven Impale
Jordsjø 
Major Parkinson
Soup/Giant Sky
Tusmørke

Edited by omphaloskepsis - November 22 2022 at 08:10
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2022 at 05:36
Does anyone have a "rich uncle" who might contribute to The Chronicles of Father Robin box set? The crowdfunding is nearly there, only 18 boxes left, but with only 30 hours left. It will certainly appeal to fans of Wobbler, Jordsjø, Landberk, Änglagård, Yes, Rush etc. with that certain nordic vibe.

Join the feast!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2023 at 04:37
Norwegian Hades MLP from 1974 released on Colours in the 90s is a small gem of folkish heavy prog! I love it, especially "Gullkrona", which has a quite eerie vibe to it, with lyrics about graveyards, forests and stuff.

https://youtu.be/75wNpMt6cw4

Edited by dauinghorn - January 19 2023 at 04:39
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2023 at 10:22
I've created a 26 hour, 204 track playlist of just the following bands. Norwegian prog is the best!

Wobbler
Motorpsycho 
Elephant 9
Needlepoint 
Caligonaut
Shamblemaths
Jordsjø 
Seven Impale
Gazpacho
Krokofant
Airbag
Dapper~Blueberries View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapper~Blueberries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2023 at 10:57
One of my all time favorite bands, Motorpsycho, is from Norway, and they are SO good. I also dig Wobbler, leprous, Gazpacho, and Magic Pie.

My top 5 favorite albums from Norway Prog include:

1. Still Life With Eggplant (Motorpsycho)
2. Night (Gazpacho)
3. The Congregation (Leprous)
4. Hinterland (Wobbler)
5. Motions of Desire (Magic Pie)

I need to listen to more Norway bands honestly.
D~B
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauinghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2023 at 05:58
Lots of Norwegian stuff coming out the next few months!

The great keyboardist Lars Fredrik Frøislie of Wobbler is releasing his solo album this summer! Lots of vintage keys and wonderful melodies. He also painted the cover, looks wonderful! Check it out:

https://youtu.be/3X0VT5OSZFI

The Chronicles of Father Robin triple album is right around the corner! Doing some gigs the next few months in Norway.

Actionfredag is releasing their debut album! This is Ola Mile Bruland's project. He has played with a lot of bands in Norway, live bass guitar for Jordsjø and Elds Mark, to mention a few. This will be a highlight for fans of Canterbury etc.

https://actionfredag.bandcamp.com/album/turist-i-eget-liv

Jordsjø is releasing "Salighet" late summer. The testpress has just been approved and the cover is being finalized as we speak.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>