Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1975: Magma Live/Hhai & Tangerine Dream Ricochet
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1975: Magma Live/Hhai & Tangerine Dream Ricochet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which album do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [37.04%]
17 [62.96%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2018 at 13:45
That said... Ricochet! 
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2018 at 22:44
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

^ It's spectacular; so much power with such frenzy and intensity. Definitely many bold adjectives worthy.

^^ I got hooked with the first Tangerine Dream album (Electronic Meditation). It's a very different experience from Ricochet (a more experimental rock kind of sound) and is not appreciated by most as much as by me.
Love those first 4 TD albums. Alpha Centauri is my pick. Then Stratosfear (from the later albums).

Stratosfear was a milestone. The title track evolves like a runaway locomotive. It's an unrelenting earworm.

If you like that one, you also have to check out Cyclone and Force Majeure (one of the best albums to cross over from Berlin School into full-on prog).
Both of those albums are superb. I stopped getting TD records with Optical Race. From their 80’s output - Tangram, Pergamon and Underwater Sunlight are all wonderful albums, but I am party-pooping the poll at hand.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2018 at 01:13

Stratosfear was a milestone. The title track evolves like a runaway locomotive. It's an unrelenting earworm.

If you like that one, you also have to check out Cyclone and Force Majeure (one of the best albums to cross over from Berlin School into full-on prog).
Both of those albums are superb. I stopped getting TD records with Optical Race. From their 80’s output - Tangram, Pergamon and Underwater Sunlight are all wonderful albums, but I am party-pooping the poll at hand.

I have to have anything/everything with Johannes Schmoelling on it. That guy's amazing. He cooked up melody lines I've heard from no other keyboardist, not even the Emersons and Wakemans out there. Everything from Pergamon through Le Parc, be it a studio album, live recording or film soundtrack, is in my collection. 

Since you like Optical Race, you may want to revisit the 1989 album Lily On The Beach. Some really cool stuff on there. When J-Fro joined full time is when things started going south (for me, anyway). 
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2018 at 01:50

I have to have anything/everything with Johannes Schmoelling on it. That guy's amazing. He cooked up melody lines I've heard from no other keyboardist, not even the Emersons and Wakemans out there. Everything from Pergamon through Le Parc, be it a studio album, live recording or film soundtrack, is in my collection. 

Since you like Optical Race, you may want to revisit the 1989 album Lily On The Beach. Some really cool stuff on there. When J-Fro joined full time is when things started going south (for me, anyway). 
I have Lily as a cassette tape !! Haven’t given it much of a chance. Did you ever notice the chords at the start of Marrakesh are identical to the Mellotron intro to Watcher Of The Skies ??
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2018 at 08:16
Close but Ricochet
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2018 at 15:47
Magma for me
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
DeadSouls View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeadSouls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2018 at 10:29
Ricochet, I like Live/Hhaï too.
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2018 at 13:23
Originally posted by DeadSouls DeadSouls wrote:

Ricochet, I like Live/Hhaï too.
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12