Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTF Phil ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 09:37
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

This guy !

But these guys are ok too !

Great photos...A first line witness of Great Times you are !!

Do you also mean, not only in their prime, but all their lives throughout ?...

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

I'm not sure why he can not say something nice about the music he did in his life, and has completely left it to waste. It's like he was not a part of Fragile, or Close to the Edge, or anything that KC did ... like his own sound and drumming was not existent ... and I simply do not see that at all ... 

Let's not forget family challenges: his kids made no name in the showbiz, so what if he turns out to be the only admired semi-god, who can enjoy fun in famous bands, in the family ? It creates a sense of deep unfairness, so maybe better for him to get rid of all those magic glorious showbiz things and focus on getting along with his family ?...
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 09:40
I just feel bad for him having to deal with his condition.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 14:48
I certainly can't answer to their lives as I'm but a humble man who lives a humble life.

I can tell you this, I have met and spoken at length with Carl twice in my lifetime, once during the soundcheck prior to the first ever concert Asia did in London Ont. and then several years later at a drum clinic he put on in the Toronto area. Both times he was every bit the gentleman you would expect by looking at him. Courteous, engaging and interested in my opinions. I have no direct comparison for Bill or Phil. I'm glad he still puts on quality shows for fans around the world. I do wish he would do another original project, but it seems unlikely at this time.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2018 at 11:15
^  Maybe he doesn't trust new material to compare in quality ? He could test new things under an unknown band name and "officialize" if it works... There are ways to add new repertoire without risking too much... but maybe he's just so happy playing on ! For sure concerts with his current band look very good, even if it's well-known stuff
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2018 at 13:05

I certainly can't answer to their lives as I'm but a humble man who lives a humble life.

I can tell you this, I have met and spoken at length with Carl twice in my lifetime, once during the soundcheck prior to the first ever concert Asia did in London Ont. and then several years later at a drum clinic he put on in the Toronto area. Both times he was every bit the gentleman you would expect by looking at him. Courteous, engaging and interested in my opinions. I have no direct comparison for Bill or Phil. I'm glad he still puts on quality shows for fans around the world. I do wish he would do another original project, but it seems unlikely at this time.

I spoke to Bill for a bit after an ABWH show.  He was very nice and personable.  He had nothing bad to say about any of the music he performed over the years (I mentioned Yes, KC, Genesis, UK, and a few others).  It may have loosened him up that I asked him to sign an Earthworks cover.
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 08:32

I'm but a humble man 
or so you boast
lostrom View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2018 at 04:39
No big deal, we're all getting old.
lostrom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234