15 [45.45%]
10 [30.30%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2018 at 13:58
^Ouch!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2018 at 00:39
Argent for me and easily the best song writer when you think of both Argent and The Zombies. Wakeman considers his organ solo on Hold Your Head Up to be the best so he most definitely does belong on any keyboard poll and not just this one.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2018 at 00:42
Also I would like to chuck in that Mann's use of the cute bit of music (Chopsticks I believe) on Blinded By The Light is sheer genius!
Greenslade is very good certainly but I struggle to think of anything memorable he did.
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 15:19
Greenslade, for his first album
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2018 at 12:26
The Hammond solo on "drum folk" is one of the finest doom laden solos ever in prog history....I defy anybody to listen to the emotion that Greenslade manages to convey and not recognise his mastery of sad Hammond music. The mellotron that precedes it is also genius.....
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 02:06
^ Highlight of Greenslade’s entire career !!
(2nd comes that wah’d solo on Cactus Choir)
Mann is pretty good, though barely on my radar of Keyboard greats
Argent is quite superb.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 08:16
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

^So....tell us your favorite Argent track /keyboard piece....?
What makes him click for you?
Lothlorien. Argent is a master of the Hammond, though for this poll, I vote Greenslade.

I do like the early Argent stuff (Ring of Hands is solid) and the first 2 Greenslade are good...I even listen to the last 2 , but overall Mann has contributed more in several styles and areas over the years.
Having said that ,  Argent and Greenslade are more talented on the keys as far as technical ability.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2018 at 00:31

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^So....tell us your favorite Argent track /keyboard piece....?
What makes him click for you?
Lothlorien. Argent is a master of the Hammond, though for this poll, I vote Greenslade.

I do like the early Argent stuff (Ring of Hands is solid) and the first 2 Greenslade are good...I even listen to the last 2 , but overall Mann has contributed more in several styles and areas over the years.
Having said that ,  Argent and Greenslade are more talented on the keys as far as technical ability.

For me, Solar Fire is almost brilliant - Mann’s talent really works here (for me). I’ve gad several MMEB LP’s over the years, but i refuse to part with Solar Fire. If we’re talking ‘mainstream’, then Mann is a force to be reckoned with. With Argent (Rod himself, and the band entity) Circus takes the cake for me. And Greenslade, well, even Time And Tide means a lot to me, but he did have the benefit of having an equally talented player in Dave Lawson.
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2018 at 10:56
Greenslade>Argent>>>Mann
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2018 at 04:56
Has to be MMEB

They did some great albums in the 70s and 80s.
Somewhere in Afrika is my favourite
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2018 at 01:29
Originally posted by Cambus741 Cambus741 wrote:

Has to be MMEB

They did some great albums in the 70s and 80s.
Somewhere in Afrika is my favourite

Masque was also excellent
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2018 at 03:22
Yes, Masque is also a great album
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2018 at 08:52
Not to be nitpicky but since there are three options the one choice should be "none" not "neither." Neither implies two. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12