Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Yes -Wakeman "mixed out" out of live performances?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes -Wakeman "mixed out" out of live performances?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2018 at 17:27
Perhaps he should have purchased amps that went up to 11.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2018 at 21:20
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

He should have stayed with that line upWink

I think BB would have preferred that as well!  I believe in Bruford's autobio, he says he was really angry when the record exec's decided to merge both versions of Yes to cash in on Union instead of supporting a 2nd ABWH album.  It demonstrates a really disturbing fact of the music biz that musicians seem to have much less say than we think about who they play with, how much they tour, how often they release albums, etc Disapprove

read the book too---much of the blame goes to Jon Anderson who kept shunning Rabin version of Yes which is why he left and did ABWH---then when record company offered more money if Rabin was in Yes Anderson when back to yes westConfused Bruford and Howe were mad.
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2018 at 23:48

Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

He should have stayed with that line upWink

I think BB would have preferred that as well!  I believe in Bruford's autobio, he says he was really angry when the record exec's decided to merge both versions of Yes to cash in on Union instead of supporting a 2nd ABWH album.  It demonstrates a really disturbing fact of the music biz that musicians seem to have much less say than we think about who they play with, how much they tour, how often they release albums, etc Disapprove

read the book too---much of the blame goes to Jon Anderson who kept shunning Rabin version of Yes which is why he left and did ABWH---then when record company offered more money if Rabin was in Yes Anderson when back to yes westConfused Bruford and Howe were mad.

Definitely an embarrassing chapter in the history of one of the worlds most beloved prog bands Ouch
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2018 at 10:16
Jon loves the green...money. ;)
Boojieboy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boojieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2018 at 13:07
Reminds me a little of how Tony Banks is nearly mixed out of the remastered and remixed Genesis releases from about 10 years ago. I was disgusted to hear how much lower his keyboards are on say, Dance on a Volcano for example, compared to the original mixes. All while the drums, guitars, and vocals were louder.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12