Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Song parts that annoy the wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2018 at 14:50
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

I did marry up several social classes..  HeartRaff never has tossed a cigarette in pool of someone's elses blood, drove a muscle car into a tree at 80mph, broken bar stools over peoples heads,  or awakened in a trash dumpster after a night painting the town red.  

True but I've always been concerned about finding a horse's head under my blanket.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
rgodfrey53 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgodfrey53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2018 at 14:54

Edited by rgodfrey53 - December 09 2018 at 05:16
GrafHaarschnitt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2018 at 16:38
Like I promised I have prepared an interesting german quote for you:

"Dass es in Progtexten nicht um Liebe und Sex ging, ist doch keine Errungenschaft - es ist pure Notwendigkeit! Kuckt sie Euch an, Ende der Sechz'ger: Junge, pickelige Männer mit höherer Schulbildung, emotional gehemmt, keine Erfahrung mit dem wirklichen Leben, mit Liebe und Sex schon gar nicht; dafür hatten sie alle "Herr der Ringe" gelesen, bissl Lovecraft, griechische Mythologie, hatten zuhaus den einen oder anderen indischen Text und besaßen vielleicht ein Deck Tarotkarten – Bingo! Konzeptalbum! Oh, Frauen kommen vor, klar, aber dann allenfalls als ätherische spirituelle Präsenzen, nicht als echte Mädchen aus Fleisch und Blut. Schon gar nicht aus Fleisch.

Der Prog ist nicht schwul oder misogyn per se, er hat vermutlich einfach nur Angst vor Frauen. Oder sie glänzen durch Abwesenheit, weil sie auch im wirklichen Leben der pickeligen Jungs von der höheren Schule durch Abwesenheit glänzten. Nur Männer - so gesehen ist Prog vermutlich das männlichste aller Rock-Genres."

http://www.babyblaue-seiten.de/album_709.html

(Babyblaue-Seiten, Rezensent Nik Brückner)

„It is surely no achievement, that there is no prog song about love or sex – it is pure necessity! I mean look at them in the late sixties: Young man with pimples, emotionally repressed, no contact with reality, love and sex at all. Otherwise well-read in Lord of the Rings, Lovecraft and greek mythology. Maybe they had one or two indian scripts and some tarot cards. Logical Consequence… Concept Album! Yes woman can be part of that, but if they appear, they only appear as ethereal, spiritual presences and not as girls of flesh and blood. How could one even dare to consider them flesh!?

Prog isn´t gay or misogynist, it possibly only fears women. Or they shine through abstinence, because in the real life of the, of course highly educated, pimple boys they shone through it too. Only Men – In that aspect prog is presumably the most manly genre of rock.“ - Nik Brückner

I tried my best. Please remember I am not a native.

I like it´s consequent and "without regard to losses" like mindset. And self irony. I guess its just the truth haha.

Edited by GrafHaarschnitt - December 09 2018 at 03:34
scruffydragon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scruffydragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2018 at 03:19
Pretty much anything that was not soft pop or 50/60's based terrified my wife.
Hard rock ,metal, and especially anything Progressive used to send her round the bend.

It surprised me as she was much older then myself and her youth was the 70's where as mine was the early 80's.She often mentioned her Bowie haircut she had in the 70's but could not stand his music.

Divorce saved my music collection and my sanity.Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345