Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the worst album you've heard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinprog77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 03:47
Originally posted by Lesanderd Lesanderd wrote:

, The Astonishing

i love dream theater but this one is too muchDead

btw i saw it live ,and it didnt hepl it all
Nothing can last
there are no second chances.
Never give a day away.
Always live for today.

mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 03:57
I hope it is still to come !
martinprog77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinprog77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 03:58
 THERION  BELOVED ANTICHRIST   Dead

3 hours of  ''music ''
Nothing can last
there are no second chances.
Never give a day away.
Always live for today.

Deadwing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 04:06
I was enjoying the first songs of The Astonishing, but then the album went on, went on, it's f**king huge lol
Dapper~Blueberries View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapper~Blueberries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 09:08
I thought The Astonishing wasn't that bad tbh
D~B
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 10:35
Agreed, how dare they not shred the b*****d thing to death and instead concentate on melody. Idiots!
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 11:33

happily forgotten
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 13:07
Originally posted by Dapper~Blueberries Dapper~Blueberries wrote:

I thought The Astonishing wasn't that bad tbh

It’s cringeworthy, but I love it. My favorite post-MP DT album.
Jacob Schoolcraft View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2023 at 16:49
The Allman Brothers Band- Brothers And Sisters
Definitely not to the level of their first and second albums nor is the excitement, energy level or creativity anywhere close to THE FILLMORE EAST.

Weather Report- Mr. Gone
I have many Weather Report cds that I love, but this was a complete letdown for me.

Tangerine Dream- Le Parc
Not a terribly done album, but a total letdown compared to what they released in the 70s and early 80s.

Argent- All Together Now
This album is boring

The Beatles- Let It Be
I like three songs. It's like they ran out of fuel.

The Rolling Stones- Goats Head Soup
This is boring and it annoys me

Pete Sinfield- Still
Very disappointing

Jade Warrior- Eclipse/Fifth Element.
It was a total letdown for me when compared to their other albums.

Procol Harum- Somethings Magic or Something tragic?
It was a direct turn off. I have everything leading up to this album. I like all of it.

Hawkwind- Insomnia
Difficult for me to enjoy

Cheers View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2024 at 12:04
Originally posted by Upbeat Tango Monday Upbeat Tango Monday wrote:

When it comes to prog, I guess Porcupine Tree's "In the Sunday of Life". Scratch that...Floyd's"Ummagumma" is worse.
I bet there are lots of Avant/RIO bands with really sh*tty albums, but I don't listen to that.

But if you are asking for the WORST album I've ever heard, it must be Atari Teenage Riot's "60 second wipeout". Pure, unadulterated garbage.

Metallica's "St. Anger",Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" and their team effort called "Lulu"...those are unlistenable too.

Och  - each to there own I guess -  Lulu is a massive guilty pleasure for me! - I do get why everyone hates it, but i just love it!
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2024 at 13:17
I've had a change of heart since I last posted in this thread. Máscaras urbanas has really grown on me.
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2024 at 13:25
By my standards Roger Waters made a pretty solid run at this accolade in 2023.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2024 at 01:18
OK. This is imao THE WORST album I've ever heard in my life.
Suzanne Ciani - Buchla Concerts 1975
40 minutes of boring, uninspired and obnoxious synth noodling without any melody, rhytm, compositional qualities. 🤮 I thought Berlin School electronic music was yucky. But this is horrible. 👎 I couldn't listen to the whole A side. I skipped around waiting for good music to happen but no.

And yes, I'm serious.

This is basically as if someone was sitting with their synth, trying to find/sculpt the right patch for some song, for 40 minutes, taped it, and slapped on an album. Done! It's EXPERIMENTAL!

Experimental ≠ good. Keep that in mind.

Edited by Hrychu - January 08 2024 at 01:25
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2024 at 06:50
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

By my standards Roger Waters made a pretty solid run at this accolade in 2023.

With the exception of The Lockdown Sessions and This is Not a Drill, which are both solid gold 5-star masterpieces for me. Smile
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2024 at 06:51
The first three albums by the Swans. They're all rubbish. Wink

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2024 at 23:45
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

OK. This is imao THE WORST album I've ever heard in my life.
Suzanne Ciani - Buchla Concerts 1975
40 minutes of boring, uninspired and obnoxious synth noodling without any melody, rhytm, compositional qualities. 🤮 I thought Berlin School electronic music was yucky. But this is horrible. 👎 I couldn't listen to the whole A side. I skipped around waiting for good music to happen but no.

And yes, I'm serious.

This is basically as if someone was sitting with their synth, trying to find/sculpt the right patch for some song, for 40 minutes, taped it, and slapped on an album. Done! It's EXPERIMENTAL!

Experimental ≠ good. Keep that in mind.

Not many female artist seem to venture into this area of music. I havent heard it but probably felt similar things about Vangelis - Invisible Connections album ( I think that's a Berlin School inspired album). Absolutely hated it when it came out but now really like it.
To be fair Ciani has produced some good music although mostly within the realms of 'New Age'. I own Neverland on CD and that was released on Peter Baumann's Private Music label back in the 80's along with the likes of Patrick O'Hearn and Yanni.

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2024 at 23:54
Originally posted by Jacob Schoolcraft Jacob Schoolcraft wrote:

Tangerine Dream- Le Parc
Not a terribly done album, but a total letdown compared to what they released in the 70s and early 80s.

I enjoy that album a lot. May have been the first TD album I purchased just around the time I started to take an interest in them. It's all mostly short form and honestly I think LA Streethawk and Yellowstone Park are 2 of the best tracks they ever recorded. Turned out to be Johannes Schmoelling's last album with TD. After that they did the excellent Underwater Sunlight and okayish Tyger but then a massive long fallow period until their 00's masterpeice Purgatorio. Valentine Wheels is likely the worst thing I've heard from them. Cheesy horrible 90's synths and no creativity to speak of. A real low. (IMO)
Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2024 at 15:19
I'd have to say it was King Crimsons THRAKATTAK.  Not sure if I spelled it right.  I'm in the minority and I love King Crimson, But to me it was just awful. 

Barclay James Harvest Had one I couldn't stand as well.  

Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2024 at 15:21

Bowies Buddah of Suburbia was pretty bad too.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2024 at 15:22
Originally posted by Valdez1 Valdez1 wrote:

Barclay James Harvest Had one I couldn't stand as well.  

just one?! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>