Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Tangent freaks thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2019 at 13:21
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Where is the other epic?

On the CD, guess they wanted to keep it to one LP.......Which is strange why they did not make it a dbl album. Usually you don't find the bonus material on LPs, which is fine by me.
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2019 at 07:08
The dancey one is easily my least favourite on the album - strange as I like some dance/trance music as well.  The rest of it is awesome, especially the Andalusian whatever thingymagig..... that is magical.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2019 at 08:02
Great album. Andy never disappoints.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2019 at 11:34
Originally posted by Roj Roj wrote:

The dancey one is easily my least favourite on the album - strange as I like some dance/trance music as well.  The rest of it is awesome, especially the Andalusian whatever thingymagig..... that is magical.

I'm very suprised, track 3 is the weakest track by a long way. Track 2 was my favourite on spin 1. But on third spin the mesmeric fourth track just got me by the throat and threw me round the room till I realised that it belonged to the set of tracks that I consider...AWESOME. No CD in 20 years has had such an impact on my ears...
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 06:53
I gotta disagree - The Adulthood Lie is definitely my least favourite.  Still good.

Tracks 1 and especially 2 are my faves from this wonderfully good album.  Probably my favourite album of 2018 along with Sanguine Hum's latest.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 11:24
I think that it's overall quality is up there with the best that 1972-1974 has to offer. My pecking order is track 4, track 5, track 2, track 1 with just a sliver of difference betwixt all 4. Then a big drop to track 3 which is the weakest but still ten magnitudes better than more fool me which should have been dropped and firth of fifth extended...
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2019 at 07:39
Still sticking with my pecking order..also recommend the new Riverside release, excellent prog metal. Also spun a CD by Tiger Moth Tales (cocoon) - multi instrumentalist Peter Jones, excellent on first spin...
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2019 at 13:49
One damn fine album..........

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2019 at 15:02
Listening to the CD now......Suppers Off, meh, its fine too poppy for me and that wonky synth. The Adulthood Lie is brilliant!! The electric bass all through the track is awesome, great deep bass pressurizing my room nicely.

Proxy title track is weakest IMO, but still enjoyable......This record will get worn out soon Thumbs Up
Keith99 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 15:07
Proxy is my first experience of Tangent and I love it! Especially the Adulthood Lie and the first track. I quite like songs where the singer has a rant and most of these are like that :) A bit of a middle-aged rant about the world today but since I am middle aged myself it works - not sure what the younger crowd would make of it
Wraxallman View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wraxallman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2019 at 14:48
Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum but definitely not to the site.  I've been a big fan of ProgArchives for a long time but never entered the forum, until now that is.  I tried The Tangent back in 2004 when The World That We Drive Through was released, on the strength of some good reviews in Classic Rock.  I have to say that at the time my boat was definitely not floated.  A good 10 years later, I dipped in again, finding out that David Longdon (my new favourite singer) from Big Big Train made an appearance on Le Sacre du Travail and my gob was completely smacked!  OMG!!  What was I missing?  Why were my ears so closed back then.  Tangent music is just wonderful, that mix of Canterbury, jazz/rock, crossover, strong classical influences, heavy prog...it's all there.
And this weekend I managed to tick one of my wish list when Andy Tillison from The Tangent re-released a bunch of albums on Bandcamp, including the long sought after L'Etagère du Travail  and A Place On The Shelf.  I am a happy man.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2019 at 00:52
Proxy is awesome imho  
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2019 at 01:14
See the source image I have the vinyl and cd of Proxy 

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2019 at 00:08
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

One damn fine album..........

Agreed I was lucky as my vinyl copy came with a cd 

Image result for a place in the queue images 
This is playing right now...

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2020 at 10:09
Taking pre-orders for the new album now

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2020 at 11:41

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2020 at 11:47
Auto Reconnaissance Songs, Stories And Interludes 

This is the title of the new album which is in production now due 2020 ????? no date given as I have said there are pre-orders on the Tangent Facebook Page. 

Music Is Live

<
emisan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote emisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2020 at 05:11
2020 will be a greaaaat year for proggers !! Tongue
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2020 at 11:08
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Still sticking with my pecking order..also recommend the new Riverside release, excellent prog metal. Also spun a CD by Tiger Moth Tales (cocoon) - multi instrumentalist Peter Jones, excellent on first spin...

Love the album "Proxy" I haven`t heard any thing by Riverside, But the Tiger Moth Tales is excellent!

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2020 at 01:59
Just pre-ordered my copy of the new album via "The Tangent" facebook page now the worst bit waiting!!!! 

Music Is Live

<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>