Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Band Addition Procedure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 15:59

Process for adding new bands to Prog Archives.

I have been asked to chair a team for adding new bands to Prog Archives.  The team that is in place has an eclectic uniqueness to it and will serve this process well.  My role as Chair is primarily administrative in making sure the team is given what it needs to make proper evaluations. Anyone on Prog Archives can submit bands for addition. Here is the form of request we are asking for:

Rules for band addition submissions to Prog Archives:

The following criterion needs to be submitted with each request:

BAND INFORMATION

• A short paragraph with your reasons why this band should be added
  • Artist/band biography (usually found on their web site)
  • Country
  • Prog genre  (This may be subject to change by PA staff)
  • Artist picture
  • Official Website
  • Discography (In a List style not in a Paragraph, Include line up and Year of release)
  • A group (5) of MP3 that give the best overview of bands sound in 128 bit stereo,mp3

Each Bio, Info, Pictures and Web Address:

Send the information  an email with the bands name as the title.

MP3’s:

The songs file name must be = File name: [Band] - [Album] - [track number] - [title].mp3
Example: ELP_Trilogy_01_The Endless Enigma.mp3

Zip them up!

Email:  [email protected] (Do not email anything but band submissions to this address.  All other mail will be deleted)

Once the emails are sent we have a team who will read the Emails.  If the request does not include the full criteria we have asked for the email staff will send an email back to the requestor asking for the missing elements.  The requestor will then have two weeks to respond.  If they do not then the submission will be deleted with no further communication.  Another group of people will download the MP3(s) and place them in a place where the team members can download them and review them. The Team will have one week to discuss and evaluate. The Team members will submit their votes to me via PM.  I will copy and paste these in another PM along with my vote and send it M@X. If the vote is yes the band will be added and the requestor notified that they can upload albums. If it is denied then the requestor will be notified and told that they can resubmit for reconsideration in three months.

As stated earlier my role is primarily administrative.  The only thing I will ever reject is incomplete band requests.  Max has instructed us to be inclusive rather than exclusive and there probably will be controversial additions because of this. Just letting you know in advance.  Max’s goal is to bring a more and more people to this site.  

So with that in mind send us your requests.

Edited by Garion81

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234