Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 NFL Season Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 NFL Season Thread
    Posted: April 25 2019 at 12:54
NFL draft is tonight, which is the official signal for the upcoming NFL season. Let's see how long this one lasts.

Hopefully the gmen don't screw it up by taking a QB early. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2019 at 13:21
I have seen mock drafts which have shown the Lions pretty much picking every player in the draft with their pick, so I have no clue who or what position they are going to draft.  It sounds like most likely a tight end, a quarterback, or pretty much any defensive position. 
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2019 at 16:44
LOL  Let the hype begin!  

The Lions are a mystery to what they will do in the draft to me.  Defense I guess.

If the Cards draft Murray, then Rosen, I think, would be a possible good fit on the Gmen.  Just don't give away the farm.  Otherwise, be patient and wait to see whats available.

My Steelers got rid of "most" of the drama queens in the off season and got much of nothing in return other than they are gone.  They will most likely go defense again and hopefully can get a good LB to make up a little bit for the Shazier absence or a good DB.

Raiders could be interesting with all their picks.

Will watch the draft with sound the first 5 or 6 picks, then mute it and put on music after that. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2019 at 17:47
Hopefully the league will draft new refs.........Geaux Saints!!
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2019 at 20:17
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Hopefully the league will draft new refs.........Geaux Saints!!

We can only hope.   
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2019 at 23:46
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

LOL  Let the hype begin!  

The Lions are a mystery to what they will do in the draft to me.  Defense I guess.

If the Cards draft Murray, then Rosen, I think, would be a possible good fit on the Gmen.  Just don't give away the farm.  Otherwise, be patient and wait to see whats available.

My Steelers got rid of "most" of the drama queens in the off season and got much of nothing in return other than they are gone.  They will most likely go defense again and hopefully can get a good LB to make up a little bit for the Shazier absence or a good DB.

Raiders could be interesting with all their picks.

Will watch the draft with sound the first 5 or 6 picks, then mute it and put on music after that. 

I wish they took this route. Sadly Jones at 6th was ridiculous. Dex at 17th seems like good value....but unless they unearth gods late this will be another season with no pass rush and no linebackers of good use.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2019 at 07:08
Im seeing both praise and criticism of the QB choice for NYG. 
Personally I am less into the whole QB thing, including who starts (though I'd like Eli to get one more year) what I am more concerned about is fix the team! 

The o line and defense, esp pass rush, need help there's no tomorrow. 
It matters less to me who's throwing the ball. 
It SEEMS they are making attempts to address these issues so that is hopeful. 

No need to rehash the beckham madness, I will say I dont have much hope this year but I dont think it's gunna be 2 wins and years of misery like many think. 
Still got Barkley, got Engram, Sterling Shepard isnt great but solid, we did get Golden Tate same thing nothing mind blowing but serviceable. If the o line is fixed that will help all, as well an improved defense. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2019 at 13:41
^ through five rounds and like 8 picks...no o-linemen yet for the gmen.

Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2019 at 21:06
Can't really give the gmen higher than C...ignored the o-line (until very late) and not much dline capital either. Obviously the selection of Jones lowers the grade significantly as well. Should be well stocked with CBs though...so I'm expecting many dime packages this year. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2019 at 19:08
And Andrew Luck retires, two weeks before the start of the season.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2019 at 12:05
Let the Games Begin!  

Hate seeing Luck retire, was looking forward to what he may have done...now that they have a better supporting cast.  Still think the Colts will win that division.

Predictions anyone?   I am still thinking about it....
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2019 at 12:27
The Lions might win a game...but I will believe it when I see it.  Hahaha.  Local pundits think that this year is their best chance to win their division, but it seems all of the National pundits say that they will be lucky to win 4 games.  As a long-suffering fan, I think that their ceiling is most likely 9 wins, but I expect them to finish 6 and 10.  My expectation is that the Super Bowl will consist of the Patriots -vs- whomever, with that likely being either the Saints or the Rams.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2019 at 16:21
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

The Lions might win a game...but I will believe it when I see it.  Hahaha.  Local pundits think that this year is their best chance to win their division, but it seems all of the National pundits say that they will be lucky to win 4 games.  As a long-suffering fan, I think that their ceiling is most likely 9 wins, but I expect them to finish 6 and 10.  My expectation is that the Super Bowl will consist of the Patriots -vs- whomever, with that likely being either the Saints or the Rams.

No Patrick Peterson likely means Golladay can do whatever he wants.  If Detroit can stop goofing around with the run game and actually let Kerryon Johnson work against the Cardinals, they'd likely be in business.

I think the Lions win the season opener.

Edited by Epignosis - September 05 2019 at 16:21
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2019 at 22:35
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Let the Games Begin!  

Hate seeing Luck retire, was looking forward to what he may have done...now that they have a better supporting cast.  Still think the Colts will win that division.

Predictions anyone?   I am still thinking about it....

Pretend I posted this 6 hours ago...

AFC:

1. Patriots
  2. Chargers
  3. Texans
  4. Browns
  5. Chiefs
  6. Steelers
NFC:

1. Saints
  2. Packers
  3. Seahawks
  4. Eagles
  5. Falcons
  6. Rams

Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2019 at 08:38
^ Picks look pretty good but, Chiefs as the 5 seed in the AFC? I think they will do a little better than that. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2019 at 14:41
^ Yes...it would be better for the Chargers if James didn't get hurt, Okung didn't have a medical problem, and Gordon would stop being a little bitch, but...I expect the Chiefs to come back down to earth just a little from last year (don't trust the defesne at all) so for me I think the Chiefs and Chargers will finish with the same record but LA will have the tie breaker this year and take the division. 
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2019 at 14:55
^I am hoping Chiefs also come down to earth and all the D coordinators had some time to figure him out and yes the D is lacking unless they drastically improved.

Predictions:
AFC:
Div winners
Pats
Steelers
Colts
Chiefs

WC
Chargers
Texans

NFC:
Div Winners
Eagles
Rams
Saints
Packers

WC
49ers
Seahawks
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2019 at 17:14
^ I suppose anything can happen...but I would be surprised. I do like the new D coordinator though, but Spags seems to work best when he has above average talented players on the defense to run his schemes. I just don't see many of those on KC this year. 

Bullish on the NFC west you are. :p 
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 05:34
^After 2 games NFC west does look bullish :)

Well Steelers are not looking too impressive and now with Ben possibly injured (MRI today) they starting to slowly circle the drain.  Thought the D had improved, but not so far.

Ouch!  Brees hand injury did not look good.  May be wrong on leaving Cowboys out of the mix.  Pats D looks for real, of course anybody might against the tanking Phins...
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 13:50
Brutal week with Big Ben out for the season (!) and Brees out at least 6 weeks. I have to imagine that will be longer with him undergoing surgery for a torn thumb ligament. 

And yeah...I'm not too high on the niners just yet...they beat up two bad teams (and presumably going to do the same this sunday against the crumbling Steelers). Your prediction certainly looks better than mine of having the Chargers take the second seed in the AFC. Terrible loss for them, and KC looks magnificent on offense once again. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>