Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - who is the most incontinent artist (band or solo)?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

who is the most incontinent artist (band or solo)?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 01:18
I feel Neal Morse could hold it in a bit.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 03:25
Names like Buckethead and Senmuth burp up in my mind when it comes to a diagnosis of artistic dysenteria. 
Tangerine Dream and Frank Zappa also qualify for imodium.

Edited by someone_else - June 20 2019 at 03:31
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 04:20
Not mentioned already, Phrozenlight. A man who keeps the percentage of albums without reviews on PA very high. Senmuth is not currently releasing albums. I think he's currently involved in some archeological researches in Egypt.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 06:06
Robert Pollard/Guided By Voices
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 07:05
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Names like Buckethead and Senmuth burp up in my mind when it comes to a diagnosis of artistic dysenteria. 
Tangerine Dream and Frank Zappa also qualify for imodium.

As creative and different as TD and FZ were, to consider them incontinent, I wold suggest that the presenter has not heard a whole lot, and neither has he/she been aware of the history of the instrumentation to have a better idea of what it was like, not only to put together what they did, but to actually present it on stage.

As for the other two, I have not listened enough even though I saw Buckethead in 1999 in the SF Progressive Music Show, however, I thought then, that he really need some help with his presentation lest half his audience would fall asleep ... and not very good music for some of the monsters in the movie stuff behind him.

Some incontinent ... I suppose that Bob Dylan and Peter Hammill fit ... but we love their words to give a damn about the music!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 07:19
GG Allin
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 07:21
Well, having remembered Phrozenlight I've seen that his discography wasn't up to date. Since when I stopped updating it in 2016. I have now added about 45 albums and now only 2018 and 2019 (36 albums up to now) are left. Then there are all the singles and the EPs... currently he has 302 full length and exagerately full length albums on Progarchives. 
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 07:32
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

GG Allin

For the win!
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 08:05
Has anyone mentioned Rick Wakeman yet?Smile
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 08:13
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Has anyone mentioned Rick Wakeman yet?Smile

Yes.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 08:13
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Well, having remembered Phrozenlight I've seen that his discography wasn't up to date. Since when I stopped updating it in 2016. I have now added about 45 albums and now only 2018 and 2019 (36 albums up to now) are left. Then there are all the singles and the EPs... currently he has 302 full length and exagerately full length albums on Progarchives. 

302!!! That's got to be the winner surely.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 08:26
I made this list on RYM a while back that lists all artists who have released more than 50 albums. Even though i'm not familiar with all of them and some of them are even my favorite artists (Buckethead, Residents, Bob Dylan etc), i think they all qualify because there is a lot of crap padding the hidden jewels. This list has more artists than you could possibly imagine.

Edited by siLLy puPPy - June 20 2019 at 08:29

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
FXM View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FXM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 08:29
I had never heard of Phrozenlight until now, just looked up the discography - that makes Tangerine Dream look constipated !

Edited by FXM - June 20 2019 at 08:30
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 08:31
Originally posted by FXM FXM wrote:

I had never heard of Phrozenlight until now, just looked up the discography - that makes Tangerine Dream look constipated !

Yeah and out of the 218 albums, how many do you think are even worth hearing if any. I've never listened to even 1. 

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 10:32
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Yeah and out of the 218 albums, how many do you think are even worth hearing if any. I've never listened to even 1. 

If Silly Puppy hasn't listened to any of their albums, I ain't getting anywhere near Phrozenlight.

Edited by omphaloskepsis - June 20 2019 at 10:33
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 10:34
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

GG Allin

His "concerts" certainly fall under "what cannot be unseen..." LOL
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 22:04
Originally posted by King Manuel King Manuel wrote:

I feel Neal Morse could hold it in a bit.

Not so much frequency of albums, but in producing 2hr CD's with about 40 minutes of actual music.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2019 at 00:17
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

If Silly Puppy hasn't listened to any of their albums, I ain't getting anywhere near Phrozenlight.
I have also reviewed a bunch of them. Sometimes he makes something worth, but usually he looks like somebody playing with his equipment and recording everything he does. 
Currently the albums are over 300 and I still have 36 to add. Then there would be some hundreds of singles and EPs, but I'm not sure to be wishing to add all them.

Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2019 at 05:33
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

As much as I am a fan of his seventies work (and I also like the Retro albums and The New Age trilogy) I would put Rick Wakeman somewhere up there . He has released over a 100 albums and too many boring live albums imo.

This!
Welcome to the middle of the film.
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2019 at 07:51
Hawkwind is the most incontinent band of all.

I did a check of their releases on Discogs, and this is what I found:

261 unique releases (albums, singles, compilations, videos, misc) -- not counting re-releases of the same album

1060 different compositions (i.e. named songs)

So, by my calculations, any one release contains only, on average, 1060/261 = 4 new tracks -- the rest being repeats!

It's actually even worse considering that many of the named compositions are actually repeats, but are counted as different because of spelling variations, or errors in Discogs bookkeeping. So there are actually fewer than 1060 unique compositions spread out over the 261 releases.

I mean, consider "Master of the Universe". It appears as 125 different recordings (a total of 351 different tracks) on their 261 releases. Almost one out of two releases will contain this song.

I like Hawkwind's music. I just don't like how they keep recycling the same music over and over.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>