2 [3.23%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 11:52
Don't like to pick just one... but Heavy Prog. Haken and The Aristocrats

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - July 18 2019 at 11:53
tboyd1802 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tboyd1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 11:32
Experimental/Post Metal: Tool, A Perfect Circle, and of course one of my mainstays King Crimson...
He neither drank, smoked, nor rode a bicycle. Living frugally, saving his money, he died early, surrounded by greedy relatives. It was a great lesson to me -- John Barrymore
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 09:59
Symphonic. Finally heard Anglagard. Fantastic.
Other favorite genres include Prog Folk, J/R Fusion, Proto-Prog, and Prog Related. Just acquired John Martyn's One World, a truly special album from a Prog Folk artist.

To me, Symphonic is the heart of Prog. Adventurous, but still rooted in melody. Fine musicianship required to succeed. Yes, Spock's Beard, Renaissance, ANT, Moon Safari, Kansas, Genesis, Flower Kings, The Enid, Cast, Anglagard (yes, I went down the list) are all regular listens of mine if not absolute favorites.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 09:26
Symphonic. Always symphonic.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 09:07
1. Jazz Rock/Fusion

2. Casiopea, and Sun Ra (I'm new to his stuff and I love it!)

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 08:59
This is a two part poll, so please make sure to follow instructions and avoid having spats about which genre or artist is the best of everything since it is all about your opinion.

1.  Choose your current favorite genre from the poll options.
2.  In your message, please list at least 2 bands that you have recently discovered that are from your favorite genre that help support your choice.  It doesn't matter if they are a new band or old band, as long as it is someone that you have recently discovered for yourself.  Hopefully this will help avoid having all of the Prog Metal lovers pick Dream Theater or all of the Eclectic Prog lovers from listing King Crimson (unless you truly have recently discovered them).
3. Optional:  If you want to explain why a certain genre or band is listed, go right ahead.  Let's just avoid getting into arguments if possible.  Remember, this is your opinion and everyone has a right to their own opinion.

I will go ahead and list RIO/Avant as being my current favorite genre and will mention the recently discovered artists for me in that genre are "French TV" and "Lost Crowns".

Edited by TCat - July 18 2019 at 09:01

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234